Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,419 Words
  • 1,784 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 17. Chapter 17

Sorry it took so long for me update. Things have been kind of hectic for a lack of a better word.

Chapter 17

 

I really do need to hang with my friends more. After the doctors appointment, I had this itching feeling like something was going on. So of course I quickly picked up my phone and scanned it for any details. Like always Court texts me constantly throughout her classes telling me exactly what's happening.

 

The one text that stood out above all others was a text that read, Jason got into a fight today with one of his friends during lunch. Jason ended up with a broken hand. He got rushed the hospital. I’m sorry Aiden. With Love Courtney! Just what i wanted to hear.

 

Turning slightly in my seat i look to my mom with worry. I don't know how to ask her if she can stop by the hospital. I don't even know if she’ll care. This is like the most intense thing that i have ever had to do concerning my parents or my family in general. I try to keep my home life and my personal life separate. They don't need to know my life as well as they think they should. With my throat burning, threatening to close and eyes slightly blurry. I clear my throat, and look at my mom. “Mom…” I pause

 

“Yes dear?” She asks as she takes her eyes off the road for a split second. “Whats the scared worried look for?” She asks, “The doctor said everything will be fine. He just suggests you take things slow for the time being. It’s nothing to be concerned with hun.” She says, but once again she looks at me with worry. “What Aiden?”

 

“I don't know to ask this to be honest.” I say, with a quiver in my voice.

 

“Just say it Aiden. You know that i don't like it when you pick and choose words. Thats like lying and i hate it!”

 

“We need to stop at the hospital before we go home…”

 

She whips her to the side, making me cringe. “And why should we?” She asks

 

“Jason…” I pause, “He's in the hospital because he broke his hand and i want to him real quick…. Please mother?!” I pleaded and whined at the same time.

“He will be fine Aiden…” She pauses, “But i guess since he’s like what your boyfriend or something. It will be fine this time.” She says, and i almost jump out of my seat giving her a hug. “Aiden, I’m driving. Do you want to end up in the hospital as well?” She chuckles.

“Of course not. But i can’t believe you actually said yes.” I checked her forehead to be sure that she isn't running a fever. She swatts my hand away and laughs.

 

“I would have yes regardless, i know much Jason means to you. Even though I don't quite understand myself. Give me some time. I’ll come around.” Smiles at me while looking at the road.

 

I start giggling, i don't know why. It’s like this bubble of happiness overcomes me and I’m stuck. Everytime i would manage to get it under control, a little giggle would escape passing through my lips. I slap my hand over my mouth and look at my mom with pleading eyes.

 

‘It’s not that funny Aiden.” She swats me on the shoulder with a smirk.

 

“Maybe for you, but i thought it was.” i chuckle

 

“I could just turn this vehicle around and take you home.” She said pointedly

 

“Okay, okay I’ll be good. Just don't do that.” I smile at her and pretended that a halo appeared above my head.

 

“That halo is only being held up by those horns.” she laughs at me, because i gave you a hurt expression.

 

“That almost hurt my feelings.” I pouted

 

“Almost being the key word.” She says as we pull into the parking lot.

 

As soon as she puts the car in park it took everything in me not to rush out of the car and into the hospital. Now i know what Jason was feeling when he didn't know where i was or what happened to me. You may think that i have fallen in love with Jason but the truth is i haven't yet.

 

Walking into the hospital i immediately see Jason’s mother. Shes pacing the floor with the look of worry and frustration. Maybe this isnt the first time that Jason has ever been here, but the look of annoyance graced her face. He is a character thats for sure.

 

“Aiden, what brings you here?” She asks, when she sees me approaching her.

 

“My friend Courtney was in class with Jason at the time. She texted me that he came to the hospital to check out his hand. Is there any word?” I ask, with apprehension

 

“Still no word yet.” She pauses, and looks to the doors with a hope. But the doctor or nurse that came through wasnt for us. She sighs and turns back towards me, “This isnt the first time that he has done this, but it needs to stop. He's the captain and quarterback of the football team. He needs to think about his hands; if he injuries them what good would be on the football team be then….” She pauses again, and looks towards the door once again with hope.

 

“Here let’s sit, it wont do any good, pacing the floor.” She nods her head, and goes to sit.

 

“Mom I’ll be right back. I’m going to get some coffee for you guys.” I say with a slight smile.

 

“Alright dear, don't take too long though.”

 

Walking along the corridor, i followed the signs for the cafeteria. I went to the turn corner, i smacked right into someone. With a oomph, it felt like i hit a brick wall. Glancing up from the floor. I saw a teenager around my age. Looking at me smirking. He's kind of cute. Short blonde hair, slightly bigger than me. It seems everyone is bigger than me. I’m kind of on the small side of muscular. His eyes are what has me staring. They’re like the most perfect green you could dream of. “Here let me help you with that.” He extends hand to me. I gladly accepted and he yanks me up like I’m nothing. “Sorry about that dude. I should really watch where I’m going…” Pauses for a moment.

 

“Thats alright, accidents happen.” I smirk at him, while i try to dust myself off.

 

“Names Ryan…” He pauses, while giving me the once over.

 

I blush, and scratch the back of my head, “Names Aiden.” I blush more

 

“Nice to meet you. You’re cute when you blush. I like it…” He says, “Better than before-” He stops talking. Wait what?! Before what? Have i ever met him? I don't think so…

 

“We’ve met before?” I ask

 

“I shouldnt have said anything... “ He pauses, “Just forget what i said. Have a nice day-” And with that he hurries away from me. That was fucking weird.

 

He has me thinking now, i mean i have met alot of people in all my sixteen years, but i think i would remember someone like that. Especially those eyes. Now that i think about it, maybe he was apart of my kidnapping? Shaking my head, no. He couldnt possibly be. Could he?!

 

After grabbing the drinks i turn around and start to walk back towards the ER section of the hospital. The encounter with this stranger has me kind of on edge. Every few seconds, i would look behind me to make sure that I’m not being followed or stalked. I thought i was over this. The paranoia, the itchy feeling like I’m being watched, or hearing noises.

 

“Oh there you are honey. The doctor came out and told us. That James is going to be alright. They will put a cast on his forearm and send him home. Isnt that great?” My mom says, but it seemed like what she was saying wasnt registering inside my head. I look at her with confusion. Titling my head to the side, i look at her like wha?

 

“I’m sorry, what?” I ask, my brows bunched together

 

“Did not hear?” She asks, with shake of my head. She huffs. “Nevemind, James is fine.”

Thanks for reading Review, like and email me @ Gayjay0507@gmail.com
This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

😎…………..………….Hmm, did Ryan let it slip that he knows something? I can't see him being involved with the kidnapping and rape, but what the hell does this guy know ?  And how does he know?  Hope Jason's hand is not that screwed up.  The fight he had must of involved something someone said about Aiden, are the attackers getting close to getting caught?  Good Chapter!

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..