Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 1,599 Words
  • 6,060 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Journal of Chris Williams - 17. Journal 17

Journal entry 25:

 

I didn’t text Rory yesterday evening right after we met. It felt like I needed to give my mind time to wrap itself around what had happened. But I did text him this morning. It was short. After hitting send I felt like a dork for how plain it was. <This is Chris Williams. We met yesterday with our families.>

Part of me never expected to hear back from him. I am sure his father filled him in on me and all my problems. On all my crimes. Mr. Hanson has been… I guess nice is a good enough word. Nice to me since I got here. But I’m still afraid of him, and I really don’t think he likes me much, especially after yesterday.

I find myself wondering what it would be like to be near Rory. To be in his arms and have him hold me. To be touched by him and to touch him. I think most of it is my wolf messing with my mind. It feels like the majority of those thoughts are coming from him instead of me, even though we’re the same person. It gets confusing to decipher which part of my mind is doing something. God, if I had a human therapist, I’d get locked up in a padded room or maybe the dog pound the first time I said, “Well my wolf said so.”

That part of my mind remained silent when I was hurting people. He never tried to tell me to stop being an ass or bully. We both viewed my victims as prey meant to be chased, hunted, and claimed. I know it doesn’t work that way, but having a second and somewhat separate consciousness in my head, you’d think one of them would help me out when the other portion is causing trouble. And it’s usually the human side that screws up. That’s just an excuse for things I’ve done wrong, and it isn’t my wolf’s fault. He told me more than once I was the one who chose to follow Michael, so he naturally took to viewing him as our alpha. We are one and the same, but those things are my fault, since I can’t blame half my mind for things I did. What my wolf’s telling me now is to stop dwelling on the past. We’ve met our future. He wants to be near Rory if he’ll have us. I think the fur ball inside me is where all these odd thoughts and feelings are coming from. I don’t know enough about him to make any decision. I’ll have to wait and see what happens. I really shouldn’t have slept through the classes on lycan mating.

I was showering to go meet up with my parents when he texted me back. My mood changed to feeling all happy when I saw there was a message from him. <Hoped I’d hear from U. R U free at all today to meet and talk?>

I was meeting my parents for breakfast. Later, they were going to see the surrounding area beyond where I could currently travel without permission or an escort. The alpha did let me go to the Timberline Lodge with them when they arrived, but I don’t feel right about asking permission to go sightseeing. <Meeting parents for breakfast, but free anytime after while they go sightseeing.>

Almost instantly my message alert sounded. <Meet me at the coffee shop on the loop next to the ski rental shop at 1130?>

<I’ll be there.> I felt a bouncy Tigger-like excitement in my head as that damned wolf made his happiness known.

I grabbed my jacket and keys and headed out to meet my parents. The short walk and brisk air gave me time to think. Given how they used to comment on same sex couples, I was a little surprised yesterday they weren’t mad my mate appeared to be a man. Dad even said they loved me no matter what and encouraged me to see what could happen with Rory. Maybe more than just my attitude had changed since I left Parker Valley. Mom was all smiles when I got to the hotel. She and Dad were a little concerned since they could tell I hadn’t slept too well. They distracted my thoughts by telling me where they were going. They wanted to visit the Bonneville Dam and then drive down the Columbia River Gorge seeing a few of the waterfalls ending at Multnomah Falls. It’s supposed to be especially beautiful this time of year as the mist freezes and covers everything in ice. Dad offered to talk to Alpha Jennings or the beta to get permission to take me with them, but I said no. As much as I would like to go, I’m here as part of a punishment, and I’ll serve my time without asking for favors. Once my sentence’s over, I’ll see the sights around here and marvel at the area’s beauty. I think Dad was proud of me. My old attitude would have been to use my place as friend to the alpha’s son to get special treatment.

Mom asked me several questions about my thoughts on meeting Rory. I really didn’t know what to tell her, and I said as much. It was all still a shock to me. Dad reminded me again to keep an open mind. I jokingly asked him who he was and what he’d done with my real dad. He got a serious expression on his face and explained after I’d gotten in trouble, when I was sentenced to be exiled, they just wanted me to find peace and happiness in my life. Throughout my trial they thought they were going to lose me. When my life was spared, they realized they needed to change as much as I did.

He sat as he told me again they both felt bad for encouraging me so many times to maintain my friendship with Michael. For not listening to what I told them early on about how he was. Dad went on to say meeting someone’s true mate is the ultimate form of happiness for a lycan. He reached over and grabbed Mom’s hand as he said it, smiling at her with love. “I was incorrect when I said it was wrong for wolves of the same sex to be together because it didn’t benefit the pack with a new generation of pups. I’ve been able to see Aiden’s happiness with his mate. It’s what your mother and I found in each other. If you find as much joy with someone, even another man, who am I to have a problem with it. Besides, it’s the mate set forth by the lunar gods, and things like that are not to be questioned by anyone.”

I guess in the time I’ve been away, my parents have grown like I have.

I voiced my concern about Rory being the son of the enforcer. After everything I got into being around an alpha’s son, I was scared of even becoming friends with anyone tied to a position of power. Dad’s hand once again on my shoulder was comforting. “Rory is not Michael, and you’ve grown a lot since you arrived here. Just the fact you’re questioning it shows how much you’ve changed.”

Mom took my hands. “If you have even the slightest impression he’s in any way like Michael was, you can refuse him as your mate. If that’s the case, we’ll help get you to another pack. You won’t know until you meet him though. Maybe you should even tell him your concerns.” She kissed my forehead. I’ve missed things like that from when I was little.

I let them know I planned to meet Rory around lunch time. Mom grinned ear to ear and felt the need to point out he’s quite handsome. I shrugged but couldn’t help grinning in agreement. It felt so weird discussing how handsome a guy was with my mom. When she said something about being disappointed she probably wouldn’t get any grandpups, I mentioned I could always find a hot she-wolf to knock up if it would make her feel better. Dad did his best not to laugh while Mom hit my arm with a rolled up magazine. I guess it’s better than getting hit on the nose with it. They said Rory and I were both young and would have plenty of time to think about things like that, but she wouldn’t object to someday becoming a grandmother.

She finally let me off the hook about Rory and me having pups of my own and started talking about their thoughts on possibly moving out here. They would know more after seeing the area and speaking with the alpha to find out if he would even allow the move. Then there was checking on job possibilities. Dad seemed to like the idea of moving. Nothing was said about it, but I’m sure it can’t be easy for them back home to be known as being the parents of one of the two worst wolves in the pack’s history. I guess they’re in good company for that since my teacher and mentor was the alpha pair’s son.

I know what you’re going to say about the last statement, Doc. But in my past life that is what I was. I’m not the same wolf but as long as I keep in mind who I was, hopefully I’ll never become that person again.

Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 87
  • Love 30
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am so glad that Chris's parents are on noard, I like that you left us with another minor cliffhanger so we wonder what is going to happen. Also I am very impressed that he respects his confinement and doesn't try to abuse it my respect for Chris is growing. Thank you this still keeps getting better. Can't wait for more.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Tease!!!! How can you set up a meeting with Rory and then leave us hanging like that??? lol 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I think Chris' parents probably are uncomfortable and will end up relocating.  I look forward to getting to know Rory better.  Maybe this is the earth mother's reward for him accepting his punishment and making such drastic and positive changes.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
17 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

Another good chapter, and I continue to be amazed at Chris's parents! I guess they did take a long look at themselves and decided some changes were in order for them too. I am pleased they are being so supportive of Chris. Can't wait to sit in on the conversation between Chris and Rory.

Thank you Jeffrey :)

16 hours ago, mikedup said:

I am so glad that Chris's parents are on noard, I like that you left us with another minor cliffhanger so we wonder what is going to happen. Also I am very impressed that he respects his confinement and doesn't try to abuse it my respect for Chris is growing. Thank you this still keeps getting better. Can't wait for more.

Thanks Mike :)  Chris is kind of worried about doing anything that is similar to his old life.  Asking for favors or special treatment is something he can't bring him self to do

11 hours ago, avidreadr said:

I think Chris' parents probably are uncomfortable and will end up relocating.  I look forward to getting to know Rory better.  Maybe this is the earth mother's reward for him accepting his punishment and making such drastic and positive changes.

Thanks Avid. :) It's probably like with parents anywhere who have a child that committed a serious crime, everyone will always know even if they are still supported by the pack.

10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter, looking forward o learning about Rory.

Thanks Chris :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, JayT said:

Tease!!!! How can you set up a meeting with Rory and then leave us hanging like that??? lol 

I haven't been called a tease for a while.  I like that, Thank you :)  So, I shouldn't go on vacation without posting the next chapter on Monday?

9 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

B)

Thanks Lux

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, WolfM said:

I haven't been called a tease for a while.  I like that, Thank you :)  So, I shouldn't go on vacation without posting the next chapter on Monday?

Then I would say that you should have my member title (VIllain) because that would make you evil.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Chris is maturing and its a good thing to see. I think his parents should definitely move. All of them need a fresh start because staying with the old pack has too many bad memories to face on a daily basis. I can't wait to read the first conversation between the 'new' mates. I'm sure it'll be soooooo sweet :wub: Right???  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Really like how Chris is working through so much of this in his own mind; he needs to have help like the therapist and his new friends and even his parents, but some of this will have to be internal.  Can't wait to see what happens at this second meeting...

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/10/2017 at 8:35 PM, LadyDe said:

Chris is maturing and its a good thing to see. I think his parents should definitely move. All of them need a fresh start because staying with the old pack has too many bad memories to face on a daily basis. I can't wait to read the first conversation between the 'new' mates. I'm sure it'll be soooooo sweet :wub: Right???  

Thank you LadyDe :)

On 6/10/2017 at 8:52 PM, centexhairysub said:

Really like how Chris is working through so much of this in his own mind; he needs to have help like the therapist and his new friends and even his parents, but some of this will have to be internal.  Can't wait to see what happens at this second meeting...

Thank you Centex :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am glad that Chris's parents have changed and are supporting his mating with Rory.  Chris is also doing a great job of accepting something he didn't believe in and reevaluating his own sexuality.  I hope that Rory and Chris will be able to spend some time getting to know each other, and accept that Chris is not the person he was in the past.  Hopefully, Chris will be able to convince Rory's dad that Chris is a changed man.  I don't think that Chris's wolf will allow Chris to backslide.  His wolf may have been passive, but I think that is not the case now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, raven1 said:

I am glad that Chris's parents have changed and are supporting his mating with Rory.  Chris is also doing a great job of accepting something he didn't believe in and reevaluating his own sexuality.  I hope that Rory and Chris will be able to spend some time getting to know each other, and accept that Chris is not the person he was in the past.  Hopefully, Chris will be able to convince Rory's dad that Chris is a changed man.  I don't think that Chris's wolf will allow Chris to backslide.  His wolf may have been passive, but I think that is not the case now.

After coming so close to seeing their only son executed for his crimes, I think they'd be pleased with any relationship that brings Chris happiness. For his part, Chris periodically questioned if he was straight or bi. He had feelings for one of his friends/victims that he couldn't explore for many reasons

  • Love 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Just the perfect Chapter:thankyou:

Thank you, Albert. :)

Edited by WolfM
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Straycat said:

Please tell there’ll be some jockstraps exchanged 🥰

Even though it's not written, to me that's an established wolf first date gift. And second date, third, and so on. ;)

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..