Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 1,292 Words
  • 8,495 Views
  • 33 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Journal of Chris Williams - 1. Journal 1

Journal entry 1:

 

God, did I fuck up this time. I would be proud of myself for admitting that if there was anything to be even remotely pleased with what got me here. My recognition of what a total idiot I’ve been can hopefully help me move forward. On the bright side, when you hit rock bottom, there’s generally one direction to go and that’s to start climbing again. It’s what my shrink tells me at least. She suggested I write a journal about what I did. Something about expressing my thoughts about anything that comes to mind. I guess it couldn’t hurt any more than letting this stuff continually run through my mind.

Mom bought me this blank, leather bound book when I graduated high school so when I left home for college I could write down my experiences. I can still hear her saying, “Someday, you’ll want to remember.” She even had Journal of Christopher Williams printed on the front in gold letters. Like I would have written anything in it for whatever roommate I had in the dorms to find and spread to everyone else. She must have packed it into my things before I left Parker Valley Pack to begin my exile. At least I can honestly tell her now it’s getting put to use. I know she’s been constantly worried about me since my arrest. Finding out what I did, the trial, and being exiled from the pack has been hard on Mom and Dad. They were so frightened I’d be put down as a threat.

I guess I should have listened to her and Dad about not taking a one-year deferment before starting college. But I wanted to enjoy my last bit of youthful freedom and do a few things. Besides, my best friend was taking a year off. We’d gotten into the same university and planned on being roommates. I told her it was the last time I’d get to have fun before entering the real world. Life seems to be made up of ifs or forks in the road. If I had started college in the fall after graduation, I wouldn’t have been around for all the shit that happened. More to the point, I wouldn’t have caused all that shit. I followed Michael like always and took a year off instead of heading to Penn State. He told me we’d have a blast before we started school. Yeah, this has been a real blast.

When I was hanging with Michael, I always thought of myself as a leader. A lot of our other friends looked up to me. He always said I was going to someday become his beta. We had been best friends since we were pups. I see now I was never any kind of leader. The guys I thought looked up to me fell into two categories: they were either just as mean and sadistic as I’d become, or they were afraid. I would guess most feared me. Myself, I followed everything Michael said without question. He made me think I was leading others while guiding me around by a short leash I couldn’t even see. If he told me to attack, I did and reveled in the person’s pain. If the order was to not like someone, then I didn’t like the person. It never mattered if they were cool and I secretly wanted to hang out with them. Aiden was one of those guys. He was fine, but Michael acted like he hated him, so that made him my enemy.

It’s funny looking back now. Aiden was one of those pups growing up who was always getting into trouble. It didn’t seem to matter what he did, trouble of some kind followed him. It was never anything serious, mostly getting into fights, sneaking out after curfew, and stuff like that. Oh, and occasionally getting caught with someone’s wife or daughter when he got old enough. On that last count, I can’t blame him. One thing with lycan’s hitting puberty is we become horny all the time and will mount any available hole. Since I commented on him getting caught, I nearly got caught by more than one human father or husband as I ran out the window trying to put my clothes back on. Aiden was always tight with Trevor and Casey, but somehow they managed to stay out of the trouble he got into. Even with the messes Aiden ended up in, he was a cool guy. The fights were never to bully someone, usually the opposite in defending them from a bully. The aggressor would have been me or Michael. More often me with him pulling my strings. Aiden’s dad was the beta at the time, so it seemed like he came down on his son when it looked like he was causing a problem.

When we were all little pups things were easier. We could all be friends, play together, and get along. That is until Michael would get mad about not winning some game and storm off. I think that’s what started the rift between him and Aiden and how I got drawn into taking sides. I think it was in late elementary school, Aiden started to show himself to have the makings of a powerful wolf. This was even before his first shift. He was good at every sport he played. He may not have done well in class, but have some competition or sport and he excelled. Michael was almost as good in sports. The almost part tended to be the problem. When he led a team, he’d yell at everyone and point out everything they did wrong. Aiden, on the other hand, helped lift everyone to do better. If they screwed up, he advised on what needed to improve, and it resulted in him and his team always doing better. After getting yelled at by Michael so often, many who had been on our team wished they could have been on Aiden’s, me included.

I used to hate the way Michael acted at times and thought about telling him to go fuck himself. Especially when he threw a tantrum for our loss or blamed me and everyone else for him not winning. It was my mom at the time who kept encouraging me to keep my friendship with the son of the pack’s alpha. She would tell me in time he would become a great leader like his father, grandfather, and so. Michael’s family founded the pack. I kept hearing he just needed friends like me to help him to become the leader he was supposed to be. So I stuck around even though I thought Aiden or pretty much anyone else would be the better friend. Eventually, my attitude towards him poisoned and I became the type of person Michael wanted me to be. I wasn’t so much his beta as he always called me, I was his enforcer to beat down anyone who didn’t follow him. That resulted in me taking several beat downs from Aiden which further fueled my hatred of him.

I guess this trip down memory lane is enough for one day’s writing. My counselor was right about one thing. Writing this down in my journal does make me feel a little better. I may not do it every day, but we’ll see how it goes. I know she’ll see everything I write in here. We both agreed on that when I said I’d try. As she put it, “it should help us with what we talk about in our weekly sessions.” I hope whatever random thoughts I put in here are useful in helping me, because I want help.

I NEED HELP!

Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 91
  • Love 19
  • Fingers Crossed 2
  • Sad 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



14 hours ago, avidreadr said:

A good start to what should be an interesting story.  In this case, the journal angle really works well in helping us understand Chris.  I wouldn't have guessed he'd be the center of Story 2, but I think it was a nice choice and I look forward to more.

Thanks Avid.  To be honest, I wouldn't have guessed Chris would be the center of anything I wrote until last week.  In book 1 he was a disposable character I never had any plan to revisit.  The possibilities that I've been trying to work on for part 2 didn't want to cooperate.  Chris popped into my mind and I sat down things flowed easily.  Go figure :)

13 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

This is gonna be great--just when I was looking around for more great stuff, you post this!  It sucks I can't go back and re-read 'Running', because it would all come back to me in the first chapter...damn, where's senility when you want it?  :P 

Thank you CG :) 

11 hours ago, IBEX said:

Interesting angle you chose! Now hooked on tne Parker Valley stuff again....wish you'd post in short intervalls- cold turkey is such a drag!

Thank you IBEX.  It's a new style of writing for me and I'm enjoying it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It's nice to see you writing something in the Pack-verse again.  Wolf fics (which are sadly in fairly short supply) are what caught my attention at GA and your first story in this world was one of my favorites.  Looking forward to reading another one set in this world, even if it's not where I would have expected a sequel/spin-off to come from.  It should be interesting to see what Chris gets into, especially since he seemed to understand how bad he had messed up with Ethan.  His remorse upon exile definitely gives him a chance to be likable, which his Alpha never had.  Good luck and can't wait to see where you take this one!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Freerider said:

So nice to see you writing again! I'll be following this story :)

 

Thank you Freerider :)

2 hours ago, Acid07 said:

It's nice to see you writing something in the Pack-verse again.  Wolf fics (which are sadly in fairly short supply) are what caught my attention at GA and your first story in this world was one of my favorites.  Looking forward to reading another one set in this world, even if it's not where I would have expected a sequel/spin-off to come from.  It should be interesting to see what Chris gets into, especially since he seemed to understand how bad he had messed up with Ethan.  His remorse upon exile definitely gives him a chance to be likable, which his Alpha never had.  Good luck and can't wait to see where you take this one!

Thanks Acid :)  It feels to good to be writing and to have things flowing well.  This wasn't the sequel I had planned, but those characters are being stubborn at the moment so they get to sit on the shelf until they decide to participate like they did in book 1. lol.  I said in my response to Avidreadr that writing about Chris was something I never planned.  For whatever reason, something sparked with me last week and I wrote the first draft of the entire story in 4 days.  I'm still adjusting, polishing and editing.  Fortunately I quickly got to a point where I could start sharing it.

2 hours ago, Onim said:

So very happy...(more like over the moon), to be treated to Chris's storyline and the origin of Michael's crazy!!! Bravo on this excellent, intro chapter! :2thumbs:

Thank you Onim.  You and so many others gave me a lot of support on RWTP and that continued support and encouragement is greatly appreciated :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Smoothy said:

Doing your mojo again and I love this series. Hopefully Chris will get his happy place?

Thank you Smoothy.  It is fun to see peoples reaction to Chris in this different place in his life vs. the person he was before.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I am one of the die hard / hardcore / fanatical romantics on GA; so a story about redemption is ALWAYS a special treat for me.  I believe everyone should be given a second chance and have a go at finding their happily ever after ...

Thank you WolfM !

:thankyou:

Edited by hohochan657
  • Like 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, hohochan657 said:

I am one of the die hard / hardcore / fanatical romantics on GA; so a story about redemption is ALWAYS a special treat for me.  I believe everyone should be given a second chance and have a go at finding their happily ever after ...

Thank you WolfM !

:thankyou:

Thank you for this hohochan.  Usually I would agree about people getting a second chance.  As I've said before, I never planned on giving Chris a second chance, but for whatever reason he asked to return and we'll see if he is deserving of a second chance.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

This is a great concept for the next venture into this world. Really looking forward to seeing where you take this!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Good start to the story; I enjoyed your previous ones and hope this is as good.  I do thing it is hard to write in this style; as if someone is writing into a journal. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 5/1/2017 at 5:47 PM, Lux Apollo said:

This is a great concept for the next venture into this world. Really looking forward to seeing where you take this!

I don't know how I missed this Lux and I'm sorry I did.  Thank you for this.

On 5/13/2017 at 10:14 PM, centexhairysub said:

Good start to the story; I enjoyed your previous ones and hope this is as good.  I do thing it is hard to write in this style; as if someone is writing into a journal. 

Thank you Centex.  Good to see you back.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Just started with this.  The journal is an interesting approach to first-person, and an outside perspective on the other pack characters will be interesting.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..