Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 1,219 Words
  • 6,504 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Journal of Chris Williams - 4. Journal 4

Journal entry 4:

 

Someday I need to thank Alpha Stockdale for sparing my life. I know it couldn’t have been easy with the things I did. Even if it was a byproduct of him saving Michael’s life, I still owe him a great debt. If it wasn’t for him and Alpha Jennings, I wouldn’t have a chance to make some kind of amends for my actions. I can’t even imagine the conversation that went on between the two alphas that allowed me and Michael to move here.

There were times I hated Alpha Stockdale and thought he was a weak leader. He always showed kindness and compassion to everyone in the pack. Even the humans living around us or working for him were taken care of. I thought a true leader needed to show strength and always be firm. I mean, the way he allowed non-wolves to live in the territory was abhorrent. At least that’s how Michael always described it, and I agreed with his sentiment. It was only wolves living in Silver Pine itself, but in the surrounding towns and countryside there were several other species. I can’t remember if it was something I picked up from my parents. It might have been from listening to Michael bitch and moan about the lower forms of lycan encroaching on the territory. My parents weren’t exactly against other shifters being around, but it wasn’t looked on as favorable either. We were a wolf pack after all. They would have never socialized with a non-wolf lycan, but I don’t know why. Now that I think of it, it really makes no sense why I was against other shifters. They kept to themselves and went on with their lives like the humans did. They never bothered me or did anything to harm the community. The ones we had around Parker Valley ran businesses like any human and just quietly lived their lives. Sometimes, it was the occasional nomad who lived in the territory for a while before moving on. Let’s add this to the growing list of my many shortcomings and things I need to work on.

I remember how Michael used to say as soon as he became alpha he planned to force every non-wolf to leave the territory. It didn’t matter to him if he made them sell their property or figured a way to take it from them, they would be gone. I was right there with him, but I was with him on anything he wanted. I even planned on being the one to hand them their eviction notices. Did I ever actually have an independent thought of my own? He thought non-wolves in the area was a bad idea, so I guessed it was too. The territory of a wolf pack should be purely wolves, as far as lycan go. Gods forbid if a wolf took up with another type of lycan or they were mates. Kind of like Aiden with a human. Yet, most of us as teenagers dated human girls from school. I sure as hell did. I know Michael thought it was disgusting that a male bear and tiger were together. Once again, I thought it was just as bad, and I didn’t even know them. He had copies of files in his room he supposedly stole from his father’s office listing every non-wolf shifter living in the territory. He also had information on pack members he wanted to get rid of too. Those were on people who would be forced out in a purge or culling as he called it, to eliminate any threat to his rule once he took over. It was also to get rid of anyone he felt wasn’t deserving of a place in his pack. Sitting here and thinking about it makes a shiver run up what little of a spine I have and makes me sick to my stomach.

I know we talked about what to do with Aiden on many occasions. I figured Michael was never going to let him live on the chance he would eventually challenge for control of the pack. I had no clue how he would remove Aiden since he couldn’t win against him in a one-on-one challenge. Michael and I together would have been a stretch and only if we fought dirty. At times, I thought something might happen well before he could become alpha to eliminate the Aiden threat. Our attack on Ethan would have been a start. There were things Michael sometimes whispered in his sleep that made me think he had other plans or wishes regarding his nemesis. My head hurts thinking about that, so we’ll leave it for another time.

The Tucker family would have been forced to leave simply because Mr. Tucker’s the current enforcer, and Casey’s one of Aiden’s best friends. He talked about accidents that could befall the members of his father’s council. Hell, he talked about possible accidents involving his father if he waited too long to turn over control to him. Maybe an injury like his grandfather suffered that prompted him to hand control to Michael’s father, though at times I thought he considered something far worse. I thought it was just the typical teenage talk about getting what we wantlike how things happen on TV or in the moviesbut I’m not so sure anymore. He used to say he had something special planned for Casey Tucker and Trevor Carlson, though even I wasn’t told what he wanted to do to them. Some things he thankfully kept to himself. Both of them had justifiably beaten the crap out of Michael and me several times. Anyone who ever stood up to him or opposed him in any way was on one of his damned lists.

What we did for years to people in the pack is inexcusable and what we tried to do to Aiden’s mate is reprehensible. In a weird way, everyone’s lucky all this happened and as a result of it Michael will never become the alpha he thought he would. One of the largest and most powerful packs in the northeast would have been reduced to rubble as he tore down everything built over several generations. Caligula comes to mind now that I think of it. Michael shared a lot of traits with the Roman emperor like his moral compass or lack thereof, not that I have room to talk in that regard. I hope Alpha or Luna Stockdale maybe dropped Michael on his head as a pup, by accident of course. That would at least give some reason for how two of the kindest and most wonderful leaders could have had such a monster for a son. Maybe my parents dropped me on my head too. No, that would just give me an excuse and there’s none for what I turned into. I refuse to make excuses. I am taking full responsibility for my actions.

I’m not ready to deal with the memories trying to come to the surface right now, so I guess this is enough writing for tonight. I have some reading to do for my history class, oddly enough on the rule of Caligula. Hopefully, it’ll distract my thoughts a little. I have a feeling I won’t be sleeping well tonight.

Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 85
  • Love 24
  • Sad 8
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

As the others have said, it is interesting to see Chris wake up and re-discover himself.  He was so used to accepting other's beliefs as his own, he really never stopped to think. as he is now.   I am wondering where this story is in the RWTP timeline and what Chris will have to say about some of the events that happen. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 5/11/2017 at 6:51 PM, chris191070 said:

Another fantastic chapter about Chris

Thank you Chris

23 hours ago, JayT said:

hmmm makes me wonder what thoughts Mr. Chris is having...Michael was so in lust with Aiden he wanted to be his bitch 

Thanks JayT.  I'm going to stick with "No Comment" ;)

22 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

There's part of me that wonders how he's having so quick an evolution on humans/non-wolf shifters. His exile has truly shaken him so far to his core that everything is now up for grabs? Its an interesting place for a college student to be, that's for sure. Good stuff.

Thank you Lux.  I'm not sure if I'd say he's having a quick evolution.  More that he is questioning everything he believed.  It could be considered the same thing, but he is continually asking himself why did he think that before. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
22 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

 Another great journal entry. I appreciate that Chris accepts responsibility for his part. He really seems to analyze his part. 
It was clear in part 1, Michael was infatuated with Aidan. However, now I'm wondering about Chris... Could he possibly have screwed up so bad because he loved Michael. 
 Keep up the great work. Really enjoying this new format. 

Thanks Blind.  I don't think he had any romantic feelings for Michael; misplayed loyalty is more like it and admiration of things he saw in Michael.

19 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

It is interesting to follow Chris's thought process as he tries to unravel the mess his life has become. More good story, and still really liking the journal format. Thanks. Jeff

Thank you Jeff.  I was nervous when I posted the first chapter since this is a different writing style for me and following on the popularity of book 1.  Because of you and everyone else, I'm feeling more at ease that this works.

15 hours ago, avidreadr said:

As the others have said, it is interesting to see Chris wake up and re-discover himself.  He was so used to accepting other's beliefs as his own, he really never stopped to think. as he is now.   I am wondering where this story is in the RWTP timeline and what Chris will have to say about some of the events that happen. 

Avid, thank you as always.  This starts about two weeks after Chris and Michael were exiled, so it's mid summer in the RWTP timeline.  Being on his own, without the influence of people like Michael, he is having to think for himself and realizing he hadn't been doing that for a long time.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, WolfM said:

Thank you Chris

Thanks JayT.  I'm going to stick with "No Comment" ;)

Thank you Lux.  I'm not sure if I'd say he's having a quick evolution.  More that he is questioning everything he believed.  It could be considered the same thing, but he is continually asking himself why did he think that before. 

 

I guess my question is along the lines of why is it 'why did I' vs. 'why do I' - that's where the speed element comes in. He's saying all these things in past tense, yet he's still quite in the middle of things. Using past tense implies a change beyond just questioning. That's all.

Edited by Lux Apollo
  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

 

I guess my question is along the lines of why is it 'why did I' vs. 'why do I' - that's where the speed element comes in. He's saying all these things in past tense, yet he's still quite in the middle of things. Using past tense implies a change beyond just questioning. That's all.

I hadn't thought of it that way while I was writing, but I agree with you.  I kind of saw it as these were things he had done when he was at Parker Valley, so he kept asking himself 'why did I do that'.  I always like the questions you ask since it makes me think about things I miss and helps me try to improve my writing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 5/13/2017 at 10:28 PM, centexhairysub said:

Going away to college is traumatic enough on it's own; but to be exiled from your own pack at the same time you are away from home really for the first time must be really hard to deal with; Chris seems to be doing a better job that I would in his situation.

Thanks Centex.  While he is in a new place and starting college, that gives him something to focus on and something that is somewhat familiar with doing school work.

21 hours ago, hohochan657 said:

Hmm ... yes I keep forgetting that Chris would still be a teenager (?) so I'll echo @centexhairysub on his thoughts about Chris.  Clearly Michael used to dominate Chris when they were back within the Parker Valley pack, so now at least Chris could think for himself.  To read what Michael was up to is truly scary and I'm so glad that Ethan had been as powerful as he was to have fought off Michael and his gang ... and Michael never had the chance to carry out his evil plans ...

Thanks hohochan.  Chris is 19 while this is going on.  He is finally thinking for himself and learning to be himself.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Chris is remorseful and regrets what he has done in the past.  He is now in the questioning stage of why he did those things.  He is reviewing what he once thought. He knows there were peer pressures, pack prejudices and parent beliefs involved, but he is not trying to shift the blame to others. He is owning up to his own actions. I think it boils down to one main question.  Why did he allow Michael to influence Chris's thoughts and actions. He may be surprised when he realises the answer to that question.  Michael is on the loose, a rogue wolf.  Will Chris once again be confronted by Michael?  How will Chris's changes and his new life influence what happens if Michael reappears.  Great chapter of reflection that establishes many of the factors that influenced Chris to behave as he did.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, raven1 said:

Chris is remorseful and regrets what he has done in the past.  He is now in the questioning stage of why he did those things.  He is reviewing what he once thought. He knows there were peer pressures, pack prejudices and parent beliefs involved, but he is not trying to shift the blame to others. He is owning up to his own actions. I think it boils down to one main question.  Why did he allow Michael to influence Chris's thoughts and actions. He may be surprised when he realises the answer to that question.  Michael is on the loose, a rogue wolf.  Will Chris once again be confronted by Michael?  How will Chris's changes and his new life influence what happens if Michael reappears.  Great chapter of reflection that establishes many of the factors that influenced Chris to behave as he did.  

Thank you, Raven. :)  I had a lot of fun with the psychological side of writing this and building Chris into a full character he didn't get in book 1. Most important thing I wanted for him was not to be the type that tries to blame everyone else for something he did. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I like the amount of time you are spending inside Chris's mind by using the journal.  It is very interesting to me to read about how Chris was thinking and how that has changed.  A lot of writer's let the reader figure out those things.  That's not bad writing, just common enough to allow me to appreciate your different approach very much.  It is refreshing!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, raven1 said:

I like the amount of time you are spending inside Chris's mind by using the journal.  It is very interesting to me to read about how Chris was thinking and how that has changed.  A lot of writer's let the reader figure out those things.  That's not bad writing, just common enough to allow me to appreciate your different approach very much.  It is refreshing!

If Chris was a totally new character, I'd probably let the readers make their own interpretation on some things. In this case he was known, but way in the background. In his case, I wanted things to go in a very specific direction. The journal format worked for that, though at times it felt like a cheat since it allowed me to avoid a lot of dialogue. The format did allow me to focus more just on Chris.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

At this point we see into Chris soul and the things that drove him with that mad wolf Michael. But I can see hope for Chris restoration of his soul and clearly could make him the person he could have been along! Loving this story!:thankyou:

  • Love 2
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

At this point we see into Chris soul and the things that drove him with that mad wolf Michael. But I can see hope for Chris restoration of his soul and clearly could make him the person he could have been along! Loving this story!:thankyou:

Thank you, Albert. At his introduction, it wasn't clear if he even had a soul since Michael owned him. It kind of surprised me writing this that he did have one after all.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..