Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 1,889 Words
  • 6,278 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Journal of Chris Williams - 16. Journal 16

Journal entry 24:

 

I was out with Mom and Dad showing them around town when I picked up that same scent of fresh pine needles again. I mentioned to my parents I wished I could figure out which tree it came from. They couldn’t smell anything out of the ordinary. They admitted the trees smelled much different from back east but were all nice. I walked us in the direction my nose indicated the scent was coming from. As it grew stronger, I could see the pack enforcer and his family up ahead. I think I heard Kyle or someone else say his twins were home for the week from the university they attend in Washington. The twins are a brother/sister set.

Enforcer Hanson turned to greet us as we approached. At first, I thought his daughter was the cause of the scent and had some type of pine-scented perfume. I guess there are stranger things in the world. But then I noticed her brother turn while scenting the air. His sister asked him what was wrong and what he was doing. He tried to be quiet, but I could still hear him. “Can’t you smell that? It’s like pine bark and lichen after the rain.” His family apparently couldn’t smell anything out of the ordinary. It was obvious to everyone that his pupils were dilated and he had become flush. All the same symptoms I was currently suffering from.

My mom and Mrs. Hanson both grew wide eyed. The sister got a big smirk on her face and hit her brother’s arm. Dad and Mr. Hanson’s expressions remained neutral. Apparently, his son and I both looked confused. Well, that’s what Mom told me later and I know I sure was. Mom placed her hand on my shoulder. “You said you picked up a scent that was wonderful to you?” I nodded my head and Mrs. Hanson asked her son the same question to which he also nodded. But it seemed like he suddenly understood something important. I still had no clue what was going on. Enforcer Hanson grunted to his mate that they needed to get going, or they’d be late. He quickly ushered his family off. Both his mate and Mom glared at him as he guided their family away.

I still didn’t understand what was happening and felt more confused than I had before. Why did I smell something no one else could? What was it the parents weren’t telling me? After the Hanson family was out of sight the wonderful scent dissipated. Mom had me sit on a nearby bench. To put it mildly, the woman was very blunt when she could have eased into it. “Unless I’m mistaken, and I highly doubt it, you just met your true mate. That’s why only the two of you could smell something different. A scent that was absolutely wonderful and consuming to you.”

I put my head in my hands at what she told me. I thought back to what we were taught as pups in the lycan version of Sex Ed classes. The parts about meeting a true mate was something I always brushed aside as lycan lore. Yeah, it sounds all good in fairytale stories from the pack elders and such about meeting the right one and living happily ever after, but come on. Your perfect mate being somewhere out there in the world and you’re supposed to find that one individual out of the billions of the people on earth? How fucked up is that? The stories of meeting someone and falling in love where you eventually develop a bond seemed more like reality. I finally raised my head once it cleared. “You mean all that stuff they told us growing up about knowing your mate by scent wasn’t just some bullshit legend? It wasn’t something to give the elders a reason to endlessly talk? That stuff is really real?” My head dropped back into my hands as another realization came to mind. “There is no way in hell the pack’s enforcer’s ever going to allow me to date his daughter, let alone become her mate.”

It was my dad who put his big paw of a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up at him. “No, son, you don’t understand. You’re mate isn’t his daughter, remember she couldn’t smell anything. It was his son who picked up the scent in the air.”

My mouth reacted a little faster than my brain did. “Man… Why can’t it be her? I mean, she’s hot as hell and did you see those…” About then my brain caught up with the mouth, and I quickly shut up as I glanced at my mom. She had an expectant look, waiting to know what those I was referring to were. Dad sat there with a bemused grin. I finally continued now that brain and mouth were in sync. “Um… eyes. Those eyes just sparkled.”

Mom gave me the dreaded raised eyebrow look with a, ”Mmhmm. Nice try, kiddo.” Dad chuckled as he patted me on the shoulder. “Nice save there. Well, sort of. Yep, that rack sure brought a sparkle to your eyes.” Mom glared at him until he whispered something in her ear. Then she was all smiles. Parents can be so weird at times.

It took my mind a little time to process what Dad said even after my mouth tried to get me into trouble. My wolf was louder in my mind than he had been in months, howling in joy at what he knew to be true. The more human portion of my mind was now in turmoil over the possibility I had just met my mate and it wasn’t a female. Worse still, it was the son of the enforcer from the pack that took me in following my exile for high crimes. He’s the man who’s kept a close eye on me to make sure I don’t cause trouble. After everything that happened before, I really didn’t want to be around any person tied to the pack’s leadership. I wanted to avoid people in positions of power and just happily live a quiet life.

This one might take a few sessions with you Doc. Will I even be able to accept a male as my mate? Will he be able to accept me or will he reject me? He might say he wants nothing to do with me because of the things I’ve done. Will he look at me as the monster I use to think of myself as? Maybe he’s a power hungry monster himself. Will his father ban him from seeing me? All these questions and more ran through my mind as I sat with Mom and Dad.

Just as we were about to get up and walk back to their hotel, the enforcer’s son came running back in our direction. He reached for my hand and when we touched, I felt an electric shock course through my body. “I’m Rory Hanson. I’ll be here all week on break. I think we need to sit down soon and talk. If you’re willing.” He folded my fingers around a note and gave me a smile which melted my heart. “I need to get back to my family for now, but I’ll talk to you soon I hope. Call me or text me your number.” I was transfixed on him as he ran off. Finally looking at the paper I held, it had his phone number on it.

I was quiet walking back to the hotel. I apologized to my parents and told them I needed some time to myself to think. They both seemed to understand. Dad surprised me by pulling me into a hug. “Try and not over think things. Mother Nature in her sometimes warped sense of humor knows what’s best and always provides the right mate. The one who’s what we need most to be complete.” He fixed his eyes on mine. “Keep an open mind. While you might think of yourself as straight or mostly straight, the pheromones you two gave off will drive you together. Ultimately, it’s yours choice if you decide to pursue it or not. You’re mother and I love you no matter if you’re mated to a man or not. Talk to Rory and see where it goes.”

I felt his arms tighten around me and I held on just as fiercely. “I love you too, Dad. Thanks.” I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

My thoughts were/are running in every possible direction as I sit on my bed. Mom and Dad told me I’d met my mate. My wolf was telling me the same thing. Instead of it being the smoking-hot daughter of the pack enforcer, it was his son. I have to admit he looks good in the way most guys compare each other. Well maybe in more of a he’s good looking way and he smells so good. Damn, my wolf’s jumping around in my mind, focusing on his looks and scent, and I can’t think of anything else now. I’d guess he’s a couple years older than me. His dark hair is cut very short on the sides but a little longer on the top, and he has a nice five-o’clock shadow going. He has stunningly beautiful puppy wolf eyes that belie the powerful beast I could feel just beneath the surface. That scent of pine needles coming off him… Up close, there were also some woodsy undertones that just added to it.

Did I just think he has stunningly beautiful eyes? And puppy wolf eyes at that? My wolf and I are going to need to have a talk tonight over some of these thoughts. I may have had sex with guys before, but I’m straight, aren’t I? Does that even matter when it comes to your mate? I mean I always wanted a she-wolf as my mate. All the dreams I’ve had about my future I had someone like his sister as my mate, we settled down after I proved myself as a good and strong mate to her, and we had a happy life with several pups of our own. Okay, I did say before that I thought I had a crush on Connor once and wondered what it would be like to kiss him. So I admit I’m probably bi, but with guys it was always just to fill a need or to abuse them at Michael’s or my whim. Aiden was always straight as far as I knew, and he didn’t seem to have any trouble accepting a male as his mate, and Ethan was even a human. Maybe it shouldn’t matter. I wish I was friends with him so I could ask, but then I wouldn’t have been here to meet Rory. This is so confusing. A woman’s what I hoped for as my mate and yet I can still smell that wonderful scent that’s apparently Rory Hanson and just thinking about it makes me feel calm and excited all at the same time.

I kind of wish today was my day for our session but since you’re on vacation this week, I have a feeling this is one problem that I have to work on myself.

Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 91
  • Love 36
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was wondering when he would meet his mate.  I suspected it wasn't anyone he had met to date as no sparks flew.  Ah, more complications, just what Chris needs.  I look forward to more.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

You've given us an interesting twist! And one of the commenters from the last chapter picked up on it. I missed it completely. The gay part didn't surprise me. The new character maybe a little. I was presuming Chris would end up with Kyle. Nice misdirection! I wonder if the Enforcer will be a roadblock in the guys getting together. Thanks. Jeff

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great so Chris finally meets his mate . Now who ever said that life was a bed roses was spot on more bumps ahead but I am so glad that he finally gets it,  it will no doubt help him. This just keeps getting better and better. More MUCH more please. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wolf, I don't remember what Chris looks like. Will you describe him, please? I mean, we now have an idea of what a hottie Rory is ...

 

Also, I love this passage, which sums up Chris's fears (hell, most people's fears as they contemplate a new relationship) perfectly: "Will I even be able to accept a male as my mate?  Will he be able to accept me or will he reject me?  Will he look at me as the monster I use to think of myself as?  Will he be a power hungry monster himself?  Will he say he wants nothing to do with me because of what I’ve done?  Will his father ban him from seeing me?  All these questions and more ran through my mind ..."

Edited by Geemeedee
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Love it. And his parents are being supportive, too! Wow! Doesn't mean there won't be trouble, especially from Enforcer Hanson, but this is a very interesting turn of events.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It's nice to see things turning around for him.  Being kicked out of everything he's ever known was a tough life change, but it's really turning him into a decent person.  With nothing holding them back, it would be great for his parents to be around and for both sides to be able to mend that relationship.  

 

Despite everything he was involved in to destroy Aiden & Ethan, I hope this thing works out for him.  It would be a shame for his mate to deny him based on his rough past versus what he's done to correct himself.  Still, it is a pretty ugly past, but I think Chris has earned a bit of a defense against what he once was.

 

Looking forward to the next!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Whew not the squirrel :gikkle: "Puppy wolf eyes" awwww :wub: Chris is about to enter a whole new world. I hope Rory doesn't let his father stand in their way. And poor Chris has a lot of thinking about the way he sees himself.  I'm glad his parents were there to explain mates to him.  Great chapter. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 6/7/2017 at 6:17 PM, JayT said:

:no::(:,( so much for Team Kyle

I'm sorry JayT.  Kyle lost the coin toss.  Rory's sister did as well.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:30 PM, avidreadr said:

I was wondering when he would meet his mate.  I suspected it wasn't anyone he had met to date as no sparks flew.  Ah, more complications, just what Chris needs.  I look forward to more.

:) The world is filled with ups and down.  Question is, which one is this.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:59 PM, centexhairysub said:

Well, I hope that his new friends are accepting and can help him understand what is going on and begin to accept what fate has in store for him.  That being said; it is obvious that the pack enforcer isn't that happy; but is it because he knows what Chris has done in the past or because he is male?  Really good to see how happy both of his parents seem to be for him and how they helped explain what was going on with the scent and all.  Really good chapter; can't wait for the next one...

Thank you Centex.  Chris should have really paid more attention in Lycan Sex Ed classes :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, WolfM said:

I'm sorry JayT.  Kyle lost the coin toss.  Rory's sister did as well.

Corey and Kyle???

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 6/7/2017 at 8:03 PM, JeffreyL said:

You've given us an interesting twist! And one of the commenters from the last chapter picked up on it. I missed it completely. The gay part didn't surprise me. The new character maybe a little. I was presuming Chris would end up with Kyle. Nice misdirection! I wonder if the Enforcer will be a roadblock in the guys getting together. Thanks. Jeff

It's been fun seeing everyone pretty much expect that he'd end up with Kyle.  I had given that some thought.

23 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great so Chris finally meets his mate . Now who ever said that life was a bed roses was spot on more bumps ahead but I am so glad that he finally gets it,  it will no doubt help him. This just keeps getting better and better. More MUCH more please. 

Thank you Mike :)

22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's good he has met his mate but I can see a complications ahead

:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Geemeedee said:

Wolf, I don't remember what Chris looks like. Will you describe him, please? I mean, we now have an idea of what a hottie Rory is ...

 

Also, I love this passage, which sums up Chris's fears (hell, most people's fears as they contemplate a new relationship) perfectly: "Will I even be able to accept a male as my mate?  Will he be able to accept me or will he reject me?  Will he look at me as the monster I use to think of myself as?  Will he be a power hungry monster himself?  Will he say he wants nothing to do with me because of what I’ve done?  Will his father ban him from seeing me?  All these questions and more ran through my mind ..."

He was so short lived in the first book that I never gave him a description.  I kind of picture him as about 6'2", sandy brown hair, around 190# and with a trim but muscular build.  He was a football player in high school.  Not as bulky as a linebacker.

2 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

Love it. And his parents are being supportive, too! Wow! Doesn't mean there won't be trouble, especially from Enforcer Hanson, but this is a very interesting turn of events.

Thanks Lux.  Well see what tomorrow's chapter hold ;)

1 hour ago, Acid07 said:

It's nice to see things turning around for him.  Being kicked out of everything he's ever known was a tough life change, but it's really turning him into a decent person.  With nothing holding them back, it would be great for his parents to be around and for both sides to be able to mend that relationship.  

 

Despite everything he was involved in to destroy Aiden & Ethan, I hope this thing works out for him.  It would be a shame for his mate to deny him based on his rough past versus what he's done to correct himself.  Still, it is a pretty ugly past, but I think Chris has earned a bit of a defense against what he once was.

 

Looking forward to the next!

His parent want to rebuild a relationship with him.  They know they screwed up and that Chris screwed up.  Seeing the way he's changed, they really want to get to know the son they could have had.

1 hour ago, LadyDe said:

Whew not the squirrel :gikkle: "Puppy wolf eyes" awwww :wub: Chris is about to enter a whole new world. I hope Rory doesn't let his father stand in their way. And poor Chris has a lot of thinking about the way he sees himself.  I'm glad his parents were there to explain mates to him.  Great chapter. 

Thank you LadyDe.  I considered writing a joke chapter especially for you with the squirrel shifting into someone and them having the entire mate discussion :gikkle:  Or Chris shifting into a wolf and biting the squirrel/mate for all the pine cones it threw at him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Good to see that he accepts quite easily that there wont be any wolfinettes in his future any more! His parents being so open and helpful is surely a tteat for his troubled soul. Hope the enforcer can see the light, before fragile minds get hurt. His mate or the Alpha should help him...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 10/12/2021 at 2:23 AM, Bft said:

Pine needles smell, hmm I wonder if Ethan had anything to do with that 

Nope, nothing to do with Ethan. For true mates, when they pick up the scent of their other half, each one has a unique scent that's only the other will detect.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

When WolfM mentioned the scent, I knew it could not be anyone Chris has met before.  Rory being a male doesn't seem to have any problems with the idea.  His father, however does.  I suspect that Chris will have to do even more to prove his changes are permanent and his value to the pack is positive.  Great chapter!  I am glad that love has arrived for Chris and Rory.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, raven1 said:

When WolfM mentioned the scent, I knew it could not be anyone Chris has met before.  Rory being a male doesn't seem to have any problems with the idea.  His father, however does.  I suspect that Chris will have to do even more to prove his changes are permanent and his value to the pack is positive.  Great chapter!  I am glad that love has arrived for Chris and Rory.

Thank you, Raven. Rory paid attention when they taught lycan sex ed, so it may have taken him a little time to realize what was happening, but he also know this was the one. It took me a little while of going back and forth with the idea of Chris meeting his mate. He's turned his life around, but would it be too much throwing this at him? I finally figured he'd earned it. :) I've been accused of being a romantic at time.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I am so please with this chapter I just can't tell you just how great this story is! Thanks!:thankyou:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I am so please with this chapter I just can't tell you just how great this story is! Thanks!:thankyou:

Thank you, Albert. You've got me grinning ear-to-ear.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..