I hate it when...

DomLuka

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when...

I am having a good morning only to open my email and find out that my Grandmother has a tumor that is malignant stage 4.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother :( , clearly from my blog entry today I must have felt a 'vibe' in the air :blink: .

I think it is awful that our modern world has come to the point that bad news does not even get a phone call anymore ... much easier to mass send an e-mail, you only have to deal with it once.

My thoughts to you and your family, and I hope your Grandmother experiences a minimum of pain and discomfort.

Snow Dog

I couldn't quite figure out if I put it in this one or the 'love it' one.

I hate it when

... you get the itinerary for your interview and find out you are scheduled for 10 individual 1/2 hour interviews :):(:blink: :wacko: <_<:unsure: :king:

Snow Dog

Guest fayevalentine

When I drive my bf to work and just as he's getting out of my truck, he smile's devilishly and says "ENJOY~" , and after giving him a puzzled look, i smell that he farted -__-;;

When I drive my bf to work and just as he's getting out of my truck, he smile's devilishly and says "ENJOY~" , and after giving him a puzzled look, i smell that he farted -__-;;

OK fayevalentine, you win the prize for this weeks funniest 'I hate it when...' :lol:

That was just too classic :blink:

Guest fayevalentine

OK fayevalentine, you win the prize for this weeks funniest 'I hate it when...' :lol:

That was just too classic :blink:

LOL, and would you believe that he consciders THAT flirting.

I hate it when:

A very good friend says cya later on Saturday morning with a hug and a kiss (after a chat on messenger ;) ), then ignores you for the rest of the weekend even though you know they're home and online....

I hate it:

That I let it bother me as much as it does, especially since he knows it too :(

Kel

[When I drive my bf to work and just as he's getting out of my truck, he smile's devilishly and says "ENJOY~" , and after giving him a puzzled look, i smell that he farted -__-;;

LOL, and would you believe that he consciders THAT flirting.

See what I mean, Kitty? :P

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

I HATE It when

My Husband is a way cause I miss him so much, the house seem so big and empty.

Lobo (the Dog) is sad, he is more protective now that my Hubby is not around and barks loud when he hears kids playing outside or see a neighbor jogging by.

Lobo only barks loud to catch me off guard when I am eating so I can drop my food, which he has accomplish sometime unless I have the water gun or water bottle near by. Why couldn't my Hubby agree on getting a Chihuahua. (Big Sigh~~goes and refill water gun)

I HATE It when

Lobo (the Dog) is sad, he is more protective now that my Hubby is not around and barks loud when he hears kids playing outside or see a neighbor jogging by.

Lobo only barks loud to catch me off guard when I am eating so I can drop my food, which he has accomplish sometime unless I have the water gun or water bottle near by. Why couldn't my Hubby agree on getting a Chihuahua. (Big Sigh~~goes and refill water gun)

While water spray in the face is a quite effective method of behavior modification, particularly for barking, when that fails, the next best step is either the throw chain or (my favorite) the rattle can. Basically, a rattle can is a thing that rattles and makes a lot of noise (which dogs generally don't like). The cheapest way to do it is to wash out an empty aluminum can and fill it half full with pennies (old pure copper ones if possible), then duct tape the thing closed. You can shake or throw the thing as a deterent for either the dog or the husband. It is best used when it appears to come from 'God' so that the dog has no idea that you are the source of the correction. It is best to throw the can so as not to actually hit the dog, but in front of or behind. The throw chain is similar in that it is desigend to make a lot of noise with minimal damage. Take about 1ft of that chain that is used to hang lamps, it is light and makes a lot of noise. With a large dog you can fling it at them and not cause damage.

Also of the dog changes from simply barking (protective) at outside sources to growling at them (aggressive), seek professional training immediately.

:king: Snow Dog

I HATE It when

While water spray in the face is a quite effective method of behavior modification, particularly for barking, when that fails, the next best step is either the throw chain or (my favorite) the rattle can. Basically, a rattle can is a thing that rattles and makes a lot of noise (which dogs generally don't like). The cheapest way to do it is to wash out an empty aluminum can and fill it half full with pennies (old pure copper ones if possible), then duct tape the thing closed. You can shake or throw the thing as a deterent for either the dog or the husband. It is best used when it appears to come from 'God' so that the dog has no idea that you are the source of the correction. It is best to throw the can so as not to actually hit the dog, but in front of or behind. The throw chain is similar in that it is desigend to make a lot of noise with minimal damage. Take about 1ft of that chain that is used to hang lamps, it is light and makes a lot of noise. With a large dog you can fling it at them and not cause damage.

Also of the dog changes from simply barking (protective) at outside sources to growling at them (aggressive), seek professional training immediately.

I just out-bark my dog until she shuts up. It sounds really weird to others when they hear us 'arguing'

I just out-bark my dog until she shuts up.  It sounds really weird to others when they hear us 'arguing'

The majority of my behavioral control technique is the whole 'top dog' philosophy, which requires wrestling then onto their back and holding them in a submissive position until they relax. I have been known from time to time to also bite them in the neck if i am particularly angry with their behavior(I don't break skin, just wait for the yelp). If only the same would work for kids.

Oh. on topic...

I hate it when stupid senators want to bring pork to their state at the expense of my dream job.

I hate it when....

... I say in my authors notes that I'll update asap and don't end up updating for at least three months. :(

... I get a writers block and then start stressing about 'What if I never get the want to write again!' :P

... I go to sit outside on a blanket to read a book and an ant slowly approaches me with the tactic to bite. :ph34r:

... I flick away an ant on it's way to bite me and within a few minutes it's back with its friends - it's happened, I swear!

... I discover that monkeys really aren't taking over the world and instead it's the ants. We're doomed! :ph34r::ph34r:

Snow Dog

Okay, Lobo will not bark when he see that I have the water gun or bottle, he might walk away from my reach ( water range) or goes to the other side of the room and does a low bark (not growl) a grunt like he is saying F you. Then he sits down does a big sigh and lays down wacthing me.

My hubby ruin that can idea way back when, so scratch that. I don't know about that chain throwing, Hmm will think about it, okakie dokies. alright later!

• 3 years later...

I hate it when....

• after lot's of begging from my dog, I break down and give her a piece of the meat I was eating for lunch, only to have her throw it up :blink:
  • the day goes by so quicky when you have it off from work :(

Edited by NaperVic

I hate it when

The lady in front of you at the drive thu takes at least five minutes to drive to the next window...

Good things come to an end.

Dom Luka goes away for long periods of time. (Sorry can't help it <3 Dom)

-Mike