It Could happen to you

Please take this down if it's already up, I tried to search for it and couldn't find it.

This will make and you mad and sad, Shane Bitney Crones bf (Tom Bridegroom) was a photographer and accidentally fallen to his death this is what happend after his death, it was a big story a few years ago. ( he shot with MTV, If I remember right.

Edited by Drewbie

(*sighs*) The guy should have fought when the mother came. I know it's weird, but didn't make an effort to fight for his right at that point will make the court case difficult for him. I know it's hard to fight when one was feeling like dying....

Sometimes it's weird how some people can be so heartless, though the cruelty is from whom you call family.

• Site Administrator

(*sighs*) The guy should have fought when the mother came. I know it's weird, but didn't make an effort to fight for his right at that point will make the court case difficult for him. I know it's hard to fight when one was feeling like dying....

Sometimes it's weird how some people can be so heartless, though the cruelty is from whom you call family.

I know what you are saying Ashi :( but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way. When my Mom died, my Dad was totally reliant on his kids. We could have had him signed over his entire life and he wouldn't have noticed. Then again, nor did any of us kids.

From hearing true life stories like this, even in heterosexual couples, not declaring you are married or common-law basically gives ALL rights to the deceased's family. He could have fought all he wanted to, but the State would always rule in favour of the family :( .

I do believe people married in a state that it is legal to do so and then go back to their home state are not afforded any rights when a tragedy happens either.

I don't want to make this political, so I shall not :)

Promoting for change and equal personal rights is the most that this guy can do....right now.

• Like 3

This is really sad, if I were in his place and lost the love of my life, then basically had my love non-existent by his parents, I wouldn't know what I'd do.

In many ways, I am a conservative, but I am also a forward thinker, who sees the problems of tomorrow. I was researching this stuff almost a year ago for my anthology story about the "locked-in" syndrome gay guy and the issues involving the legal rights of partners. There's nothing fictional about the issues as even distant family members have more power over a person than their partner of many years.

In death, the issues are even worse as the family may take half of the shared assets of the two, basically devastating the surviving partner in a legal coup. As there is no legal recognition of marriage, shared accounts and mortgages could be treated as joint business venture between two people. If you don't set up wills, then your family can perform a "succession of interest" in the estate depending on state law.

Guys, if you and your partner have not set up wills or talked about death/end of life issues, I highly recommend you do it.

• Like 1

This is really sad, if I were in his place and lost the love of my life, then basically had my love non-existent by his parents, I wouldn't know what I'd do.

In many ways, I am a conservative, but I am also a forward thinker, who sees the problems of tomorrow. I was researching this stuff almost a year ago for my anthology story about the "locked-in" syndrome gay guy and the issues involving the legal rights of partners. There's nothing fictional about the issues as even distant family members have more power over a person than their partner of many years.

In death, the issues are even worse as the family may take half of the shared assets of the two, basically devastating the surviving partner in a legal coup. As there is no legal recognition of marriage, shared accounts and mortgages could be treated as joint business venture between two people. If you don't set up wills, then your family can perform a "succession of interest" in the estate depending on state law.

Guys, if you and your partner have not set up wills or talked about death/end of life issues, I highly recommend you do it.

I totally agree, even if your young you should do it, we forget it can protect us, Even if people are close I seen families break apart when someone dies and it sadly becomes about money.

Shew... that got the tears flowing.. such a terrible loss and reaction from his family that wouldn't take the time to understand their son had found true happiness and love. Then the throwing it out the window just made me mad... :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I came across the video recently. I was pretty shocked- I crushed on Tom Bridegroom when I saw him in this Nintendo DS Jam Sessions commercial, and I followed him on Twitter.

What an incredibly sad story. I hope his parents rot in hell.