[Topher_Lydon] TBOJ - Get it now, read it now!

Yay, as Topher says in the thread below, The Balance of Judgement is now up on Lulu!

Come on boys and girls, its only 5 buck for the pdf version, and I desperately need people to discuss it with lol. I can't do that now cos it'd just spoil things for everyone. So get a copy to allow me to keep my sanity lol!

...and then we can discuss how Doctor Kyr finally gets laid *grin*.

OMFP (Oh my f-ing Powers)

Thats all i can really say after reading this part of the series. I think i just died from over-sensory exposure. Lots of stuff i didn't expect.

I didn't expect the ending. I never expected to see Excalibur die. And it was some way that she went down.

-Jules

OMFP (Oh my f-ing Powers)

Thats all i can really say after reading this part of the series. I think i just died from over-sensory exposure. Lots of stuff i didn't expect.

I didn't expect the ending. I never expected to see Excalibur die. And it was some way that she went down.

-Jules

I know, huh!

Phasing into the side of a floating mountain is quite a way to go. I'll be interested to see how our favourite scruffy little god gets some help out there. After all, he can't miss his own wedding!

And I actually think that's one of my favourite bits. To me, the whole series is driven by

the relationship between Mattie and Darien. Its why Darien's kept fighting, and its why Mattie's still human. I'm really glad the occasional sweet moment pops up among the explosions. Not that the explosions aren't cool too lol.

Got it, read it, loved it! :2thumbs::worship::2thumbs:

Can't wait for the final book to make its appearance to see how Chris ties up all the plot threads!

Thanks to Chris and Bester!

Kadin

I got it the first day, but I've been leery about reading it. I know it will be great, but the faster I finish it...the longer I'll have to wait for the next one, lol. I'm gonna read it soon though, so I'll post my thoughts after I do.

CPL, you've done it again! Brilliant! I wasn't expecting the last part to happen, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I can't say much without revealing things, but I wanted everyone to know it.is.good! Many thanks for your fine work and I hope that, with the proper time to recover, you will be able to finish off the last book soon.

Thank you for a very fine book! :worship:

• 1 year later...

I read the first 3 books of the saga and have been quite impressed. I'm a sucker for scify after all. ;-)

Only now I'm aware, that "Balance Of Judgment" has been published. Will get it in a few.

Very first impression after reading the title (again) was "Isn't that the name of a battleship in the scify series "Andromeda"? (sometimes better known as "Hercules in space" ;) ) Coincidence? :P

When I think about it there are quite a few parallels between Andromeda's universe and and that of the Falcon Banner...

Anyways, thanks for this book. Maybe I'll comment when I read through.

Regards,

Daniel

• 2 months later...

The Balance of Judgement is actually in reference to the House symbol of the House of Denver.

Also it is a statement made by Kardiac throughout the series.

As for similarities, that happens. :: shrugs:: everything is compared to something. I quite enjoyed the series, but comparing beyond the basic similarities is pointless, my books are very different to their plot line. (I do quite arrogantly think mine's better go figure)

The problem with writing cliche science fiction, which this is, is that it has all been done before. I can be compared to a number of different works at a number of different points in its development. At the end of the day I refer people to my characters, and state that they are what drive the book, and they are what bring people back to read more.