Do Over - Feedback and Announcements

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

He heard my desparate plea and chapter 23 has been posted. It's good and doesn't leave you hanging... :)

I was intending to make a very bad post here to night in regards to cliffhanger!............... But what the hay! Dan was nice it was only for one day so I guess I can trash can that idea :D Well I guess that I had better go read now.

You still have my complete attention.

E! now get busy, I want all the chapters now!!!!!!! :D Just joking, I will take them as I get them. I just wanted to bring E to attention and thank him for his good efforts in editing here for Dan.

Thanks guys, I just love this story.

Mike

Okay, was going through some old photographs and found two of them that reminded me of the conversation that spawned this story. I thought Y'all might enjoy seeing them so here they are:

easter.JPG

The above was taken about a year before the time when the story started. Yeah, a lot of Davey's family is based on my real family.

Here's another from age 14. :)

volunteer.JPG

The girl to my left, Julie, was one I 'dated' to keep up the appearances of being straight. At the time we were all junior volunteers at the hospital. The guy on the far right was one I messed around with in a few supply closets at the hospital, and the elevator one time.

Not shown in the picture is my maternal grandmother (nanny), who was in charge of the volunteers of the hospital.

:)

Well I don't know quite what to say, chap 26 really hit me from the blind side and Myr you only gave it one frown. Now with 27, you announce it with 3 frowns?? Maybe I will wait a day or two before reading that one. :blink:

Nice Pictures Dan, add a little sepia tone and it could be some of mine. :lmao:

Well I don't know quite what to say, chap 26 really hit me from the blind side and Myr you only gave it one frown.  Now with 27, you announce it with 3 frowns??  Maybe I will wait a day or two before reading that one. :blink:

Nice Pictures Dan, add a little sepia tone and it could be some of mine. :lmao:

I think 27 was MUCH better than 26. :)

Well, I've got good news for everyone. I've finished writing the last chapter of Do Over and have sent it to the editor. Chapters 31-40 are all in the process of being edited. It's taking a little longer for them because they are very complicated, and there was a major re-write done on many of them after we discovered a gaping hole in the story! (bad author, making a big boo-boo like that!)

I think the process I'm using on stories is pretty much vindicated by the discovery and fixing of this big plot hole. If I'd already posted some of those chapters, it would have been very rough on the readers to go back and change them. I know it slows up the posting of new chapters, but it is worth it in the long run!

Chapter 28 has been sent to Myr for posting, so it should be up sometime today or tomorrow. Chapter 29 should be ready in a day or two for posting, with 30 showing up soon after. Just a reminder, after I get them back from my editor, I go over them again and occasionally do some re-writing. If I do major re-writing, they go back to the editor again before being prepped and formatted for posting.

Starting with the chapters 31 or 32, there's going to be some extras involved in the story, including some pictures. That will create a lot more work when it comes to formatting, so it may slow up new chapters after I get them back from the editor. They are worth it though, I believe, and I hope you enjoy them.

So, gather round, dear readers, we are in the home stretch for Do Over.

Great job Dan keep it coming. Keep in mind.................SEQUEL!!!!

Now as for the poll, which was nice, except we hate death. Don't you dare follow "George R.R. Matin's method now, you would really get me upset. What we need now is a poll for the villians and how maybe some their skeltons can home to discredit them. hey???? :lmao:

Good Job Dan

Mike

:hug: