DIE CHARACTER DIE!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was quite chilly today at 65*, but more recently it has been over 95 for several days straight. Even shore destinations were way up there with high humidity, and they have ocean-effect wind (the Jersey shore is much windier than Chicago, hence the windmills in Atlantic City) helping them out.

How about the rise of Satan to destroy the princess' kingdom?

well... last week it was 100+ every day.

Some of you yankee boyz migh melt.

B) ........Hell, its been over 100 (105 today) in Vegas for over a month. Not sure if Nevada is considered a Yankee state or not

In my home town, in the SF East Bay area, the highs are in the low to mid 90's this week. Not the 100+ that you two are having, though. Last year we had a couple of weeks of 100+ heat with record highs including 111, 113, and 115 during one week. That's too hot, but I'm still here so, I didn't melt!

sungod

Edited by sungod
In my home town, in the SF East Bay area, the highs are in the low to mid 90's this week. Not the 100+ that you two are having, though. Last year we had a couple of weeks of 100+ heat with record highs including 111, 113, and 115 during one week. That's too hot, but I'm still here so, I didn't melt!

sungod

B) ............I bet your not considered a Yankee state either

Have them hunted by a manic killer trained to use any weapon he gets his hands on oh and have the character be in love with the killer what a twist. And no the killer does not give up he does kill him in the end.

B) ......Kinda sounds like Halloween :D

QUOTE(Benji @ August 22 2007, 10:52 PM) post_snapback.gif B) ......Kinda sounds like Halloween :D

Kinda sounds like Grace...instead of killing, she just imprisoned him!! Now, that's a maniac!!

B).......Well Grace does have a refreshing name, and needs not to carry large knives!

No, we're not considered a Yankee state. We're a Pacific Coast (or Left Coast, both work just fine) state.

sungod

B).......I used to live in San Diego for a little while and although I like to visit your state. I couldn't live there again (no offense, too expensive and Liberal)

• Site Administrator
Darn-it- I forgot a gruesome method of pest disposal:

IMPALEMENT

:( ...............thanks for putting that in my head!

Well it was a traditional way of executing people in some parts of the world. It's how Vlad the Impaler got his name. For those who don't know dear old Vlad, he's considered to be the original inspiration for Dracula.

Fantasy, fantasy. alright.

Exsanguination (rapid blood loss)

Magically animated rope

The "Curse to the heart" of Harry Potter fame

The ever popular Disney villain ending, defenestration (tossed out a window)

Soul/essence loss

Complete mindloss due to violent telepathy

Implosion

A screech/sudden insight that causes the victim's head to explode

Torn to pieces by gryphons or any other giant creature

Polymorphed into ice/salt/stone/a little bunny rabbit (which is promptly et)

Poisoned apple

Pretty pretty princess turning out to be a demon/vampire of some sort

Decapitation

Savaged by living fire

Deux ex Machina (also of Harry Potter fame ;) )

Teleported into a volcano

Healer causing all the blood vessels in your head or heart to detonate

And, depending on the kind of story you want to tell, ravaged by a large, uh, membered species

Edit: Also, there is the standard duel between magic users. A couple of the weapons I've come up with or seen used have been:

A Ribbon blade

A discordant note (music that causes physical damage)

A chain whip

Lots and Lots of daggers (I once had a character that was a martial artist, and carried so many daggers she clanked a bit as she walked. She was also about ninety, so my writing classed dubbed her "Ninja Granny")

A bit sci-fi, but a blade composed of light or darkness, or even pure sound

A swarm of bugs. That was used by a wood demon.

And for probably the oddest one that I've seen written, a trained to attack killer chicken.

Edited by B1ue
  • 2 weeks later...

All the good ones are taken already -- so I'll add an off-the-wall one:

Brain completely shuts down after meeting an honest politician! :P

Would you settle for an Elven Curse instead?

Back before TV, some new writers were hired for a radio soap opera. They hated the existing characters, so they put them all on a bus and ran the bus off a cliff.

I don't know if the soap ran long enough for somebody that wasn't killed in the accident to overcome amnesia and come back to their home town.

Taking Colinian's lead:

Nearby supernova- hey yo- WTF is wrong with alpha centauri? It's taking up half the sky.

Gamma Ray Burster- why do we all have orange afros and have a complexion like bacon?"

hyper-quakes caused by a black hole passing the star system at right angles to our center of gravity- well, there goes the neighborhood...

gravitational shifts that make the earth too far/close to the sun- remember when summer/winter were just a season?

super-solar flare that roasts everything on the day side of the earth- Property is cheap in Asia but the catch is you've got to put the fire out.

Plague caused by space bourne pathogen- Ghaaak!

Large alien ship crashes and irradiates a big chunk of the country- Damned illegal aliens can't drive or park

Telepathic Amazonian Aliens with huge breasts arrive and decide that all humans must die.- What is this "hot" that you humans are all thinking human ambassador?