• The Herd / The Goat Herd
    • Goatsters
    • Club James
    • CJs
    • The Lurkers
    • Goatwhisperers
    • The Goatmen
    • Minions

On second thought, I like the Herd. But I'd still go with Lurkers!!! I can identify with that! ;):ph34r:

You?? But you post a lot, you can't be a lurker! :P

The Herd sounds quite cultish to me. It makes me think of blind followers. And we saw many times how CJ's fans weren't like this. So this name would be paradoxical.

Hmmmm... That's a good point...

Yes, yes! I agree with Francois. The Herd gives an idea of people who accept all what CJ says. And I'm sure CJ has tolerated us a lot!

But still, what will we call us? What if we all call each other by different names?

I have a proposal, because something James Savik suggested struck a chord with me...

Capricorns are very independent, fun loving, and have a wry sense of humor.

Capricorn is also the sign of the goat. (signifying ambition, and the desire to excel)

It's also my birthsign.

I did a bit of googling, and one passage caught my eye; Capricorns and Friendship; "The Capricorn is the strong friend, they will always be there to help, they are very sympathetic, caring and helpful to a friend in need. A Capricorn will get someone back on their feet again with a steady plan for success and for all this, they expect nothing in return. The Capricorn friend is deep and mysterious and full of intrigue, there always seems to be something going on in their mind."

I think that describes a lot of us here. :)

James suggested a slightly different spelling, but I liked "Capricans". What do y'all think? I liked it because it pluralizes easily, is a single word, and connects in a lot of ways.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's good. I like Capricans. (but why did you change it from Capricorns to Capricans?)

1. It has the idea of the goat.

2. It gives us the image of friends of the goats. (Not his followers or kids)

3. It sounds cool

4. Endorsed by CJ himself.

Yes, I'm for it!

Ieshwar

Definitely the least convincing of the arguments, especially since you were so viciously vilified by the Goat itself. Otherwise the Capricans sounds like a nicer cult. Tree-hugging, heart-bleeding, zodiac loonies. I like it.

Wow, that's good. I like Capricans. (but why did you change it from Capricorns to Capricans?)

1. It has the idea of the goat.

2. It gives us the image of friends of the goats. (Not his followers or kids)

3. It sounds cool

Yes, I'm for it!

Ieshwar

Thanks!!!

Definitely the least convincing of the arguments, especially since you were so viciously vilified by the Goat itself. Otherwise the Capricans sounds like a nicer cult. Tree-hugging, heart-bleeding, zodiac loonies. I like it.

If you like it, there must be something wrong with it. :P

I'm a capricorn so I definitely see no problem with it. :):wub:

Krista

OK, this is, at the very least, going to be added to the runoff poll. :) Anyone dislike it?

But you're going for Capricans or Capricorns?

BTW, Francois surely likes it coz it's sounds close to 'Capricious'! And CJ, you're capricious!

Ieshwar

Capricans. :)

And what, me, capricious? Well, here's a definition, including the origins of the word.

Capricious, adjective

Apt to change suddenly without a reason, fickle.

Originally, in Italian, capriccio meant a sudden shiver. This comes from capo meaning head and riccio meaning hedgehog. Hence, a frightened person's hair would stand on end and look like a hedgehog. Ultimately, capriccio developed the meaning of sudden whim. This is because capra (which is similar to capriccio) is Italian for goat which is an animal that behaves erratically. The Latin caper also means goat. Hence, 'cutting capers' is to act like a goat.

So, if capricious means to act like a goat, well, I can't deny that I'm capricious. :sheep:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..