Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Great Goat Meat Meals!

Cj said he was looking for this topic, so here it is!

Just in case you want more than what I've added:

http://www.cookeryonline.com/goats/index.html

http://www.greatgoats.com/cooking.html

Southwest Leg of Goat

1 leg of goat (5 to 7 lbs), boned 2 t salt

1 c wine or vinegar 1 t sage

1 c vegetable oil 3 large potatoes

2 cloves garlic, whole 3 onions

1 bay leaf, crumbled 3 large chilies

1 t rosemary 2 garlic cloves, skin removed

1/2 t crushed pepper

Combine vinegar, oil and seasonings and pour over goat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 12 to 24 hours, turning often. Remove goat, strain marinade and reserve. Quarter potatoes and onions and place in shallow roasting pan along with chilies and garlic and pour 1/4 cup marinade over vegetables. Place goat on roasting rack over vegetables. Pour 1/4 cup marinade over goat. Roast at 325

Cj said he was looking for this topic, so here it is!

ACK! I was fearing this topic appearing! Not looking for it! :o

What did I ever do to deserve this... I'm quiet and shy, and try and keep a very low profile, but all of a sudden, I'm on the menu! :sheep:

What did I ever do to deserve this... I'm quiet and shy, and try and keep a very low profile, but all of a sudden, I'm on the menu! :sheep:

perhaps if you were more outgoing and likable they wouldn't be dreaming of including you on the menu...

then again these are your (insert undetermined fan name here) so maybe they still would.

Did you ever consider that we like you sooo much, and you're sooo cute we could just "eat you all up?"

Bob :wub:

Borrowing a line from the other thread:

"Consume it before it consumes you..." :D

BTW, CJ, did I ever say that my grandmother (as well as my mum when she was small) used to rear goats? Who knows? Perhaps, your ancestors emigrated from Arizna to Mauritius surreptiously and met my ancestors! :D Cool, isn't it?

But if you think this is going to stop me from making a goat meal... YOU"RE WRONG!!!

Take care (coz we're going to eat you later)

Ieshwar

:read: *digging through cookbook* :read:

Hmmm, BBQ you say? Here ya go! Mwahahaha :lmao:

BBQ Goat with Curry:

Yield: 14 servings

1 Goat; around 25 pounds, -quartered

CURRY PASTE-

4 md Onions; chunked

3/4 c Curry powder

1 Whole *bulb* garlic; peeled

1 tb Salt

1 To 2 fresh Habaneros -OR- 1 Scotch Bonnet chiles; minced -OR- 4 To 5 fresh Jalapenos; minced

1 c Oil; pref. canola or corn

CURRY MOP (OPTIONAL)

2 c Chicken or beef stock or -beer

2 c Cider vinegar

1 1/2 c Oil (corn or canola)

1 c Water

2 tb Curry powder

Your Favorite Barbecue sauce

NOTE: Be CAREFUL when handling Habaneros or Scotch Bonnets!

The night before you plan to barbecue, prepare the paste in a food processor. First process the onions, curry, garlic, salt and habaneros until finely chopped. Then add the oil, processing until the mixture forms a thick paste. This can be done in two batches if needed. Wearing rubber gloves, rub the paste over the goat, covering the meat evenly. Place the goat in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. Before you begin to barbecue, remove the goat from the refrigerator and let it sit, covered, at room temperature for 45 minutes. Prepare the smoker for barbecuing, bringing the temperature to 200 to 220 degrees F. If you plan to baste the meat...mix together the mop ingredients in a saucepan and warm the liquid over low heat. Transfer the goat to the smoker. Cook for about 1-1/4 hours per pound of weight for each quarter. The forequarters will be done earlier than the hindquarters, which may take 10 hours or longer, depending on size. In a wood-burning pit, turn the meat and drizzle the mop over it every 30 minutes. In other styles of smokers, baste as appropriate and turn the meat at the same time. When the meat is done, remove it from the smoker, and allow it to sit for 15 minutes before serving. Slice or shred the meat and serve with...[your favorite barbecue sauce].

perhaps if you were more outgoing and likable they wouldn't be dreaming of including you on the menu...

then again these are your (insert undetermined fan name here) so maybe they still would.

How can I be more outgoing and likable? I'm quiet and shy... Are you saying that I need to give up being a lurker and post more? :ph34r:

Did you ever consider that we like you sooo much, and you're sooo cute we could just "eat you all up?"

I always thought that was a figure of speech! :sheep:

Borrowing a line from the other thread:

"Consume it before it consumes you..." :D

BTW, CJ, did I ever say that my grandmother (as well as my mum when she was small) used to rear goats? Who knows? Perhaps, your ancestors emigrated from Arizna to Mauritius surreptiously and met my ancestors! :D Cool, isn't it?

But if you think this is going to stop me from making a goat meal... YOU"RE WRONG!!!

Take care (coz we're going to eat you later)

Ieshwar

Ack!!

What would your grandmother's goats think of this!!!

And ummm, y'all want to see what happens with Brandon and Chase, right? I can't write if I'm dinner! :P

You're safe with me CJ. Goats are never on the Menu. :P

Unless it's BBQed.. then all bets are off. :)

Krista

Thanks Krista! And please just skip over the BBQ post, nothing of interest to see there... 0:)

:read: *digging through cookbook* :read:

Hmmm, BBQ you say? Here ya go! Mwahahaha :lmao:

BBQ Goat with Curry:

Lol... I'll have to remove all the Pepper veggies from the Recipe, as I'm allergic. :blink:

But eh.. BBQ is my weakness.. lol.

Krista

Lol... I'll have to remove all the Pepper veggies from the Recipe, as I'm allergic. :blink:

But eh.. BBQ is my weakness.. lol.

Krista

I'll dig a little deeper and find ya a suitable one... now if Cj was going to the SF convention... :ph34r:

• Site Moderator

As it's been pointed out, you've been on the menu from time to time CJ. And it would appear to me that we have a young author who seems to enjoy goat meat. :devil: Then again, we birds of prey enjoy a little goat every now and then. 0:)

As it's been pointed out, you've been on the menu from time to time CJ. And it would appear to me that we have a young author who seems to enjoy goat meat. :devil: Then again, we birds of prey enjoy a little goat every now and then. 0:)

Wouldn't that be called Kidd? (a little goat meat)

Now that he (it?) knows what we can do, please express your demands for the next stories by CJ. There are quite a few incentives; just let him know you've chosen the Goldie's Goat Steak way, or the Southwest Leg of Goat. He'll comply.

Personally, I'd like nine more chapters before Brandon and Chase kiss. Lots of quid pro quos, and possibly mixing their romance with the nuclear bomb, so that when they kiss, they are abruptly interrupted by having to save the world.

Now that he (it?) knows what we can do, please express your demands for the next stories by CJ. There are quite a few incentives; just let him know you've chosen the Goldie's Goat Steak way, or the Southwest Leg of Goat. He'll comply.

Personally, I'd like nine more chapters before Brandon and Chase kiss. Lots of quid pro quos, and possibly mixing their romance with the nuclear bomb, so that when they kiss, they are abruptly interrupted by having to save the world.

That'll probably happen anyway... three times...

And ummm, y'all want to see what happens with Brandon and Chase, right? I can't write if I'm dinner! :P

Brandon and Chase seem to be taking their time in making anything happen.

Maybe some king of compromise would work...goat cheese anyone? AgedCheese01.jpg

Brandon and Chase seem to be taking their time in making anything happen.

Maybe some king of compromise would work...goat cheese anyone? AgedCheese01.jpg

Eeewwwww... I may like men... but GOAT CHEESE from our resident goat... won't have any milk in it to give it its salty bitter taste with that milky white coloring.... eeeewwwwww

Bob :wacko:

Eeewwwww... I may like men... but GOAT CHEESE from our resident goat... won't have any milk in it to give it its salty bitter taste with that milky white coloring.... eeeewwwwww

Bob :wacko:

B) ............Thanks for putting that in my head :wacko:

Bob

Seems like someone had goat cheese these days! Ewww! How the hell could you say this?

Glad Bob took care of this for me.

CJ is cheating Conner! :o:o

As punishment, let's roast him! :D:D Yummy!

Ieshwar

Seems like someone had goat cheese these days! Ewww! How the hell could you say this?

CJ is cheating Conner! :o:o

As punishment, let's roast him! :D:D Yummy!

Ieshwar

I thought we were planning a roast for him at the SF convention... damn... am I outside the loop...

PS. I did not milk the goat... that's Conner's job, remember the sculptuer?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..