Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Leaving.. on a jet plane... :-)

Hi!

I just wanted to let everyone know that after the next chapter, the release dates will become sporadic for a few weeks. I'm leaving the US on Oct 21st, returning Nov 23rd. While I'm away (I'll be in Europe for family reasons) I'll have extremely sporadic internet access, which will put the damper on my posting and processing of chapters. I will also be unlikely to have much time to write.

The best I can promise right now is that there will be at least one chapter to post while I'm gone, maybe two. I'll then resume upon my return. So, we're looking at a possible two-week gap between chapters while I'm gone. I apologize for the upcoming delay...

I'll also be a very infrequent visitor to GA and this forum while I'm away, due to the internet acess problem. Also, my laptop (which is what I use when traveling) is old and cranky so if it conks out, I might be absent for the entire time, or whatever time remains after it quits. However, I'll be leaving the chapter to be posted so even if I'm offline entirely, you should see it posted.

CJ :)

Oh...Can I request some thing? Please don't leave us on a cliffie! Please! :(:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

One week is bad enough, then two weeks...

Ieshwar

P.S can u imagine the amount of silliness? :P

Not that I ever admit using them, but... That much I can do; no cliffies. :)

I'll just have to break the news to Shadowgod that his plan to add a few paragraphs that have the four members of instinct dangling from a single fraying rope from the rim of the grand canyon will just have to wait... 0:)

I'll just have to break the news to Shadowgod that his plan to add a few paragraphs that have the four members of instinct dangling from a single fraying rope from the rim of the grand canyon will just have to wait... 0:)

Well, you can't postpone it too much. It would be silly for them to move on to play other venues and then suddenly end up back at the Grand Canyon. No, I think that has to go hand-in-hand with the Phoenix play date. I guess this means NO chapters while you are gone... :(

One question: Do you think you'll get Worthington Michael Sinclair to come to the concert? :great:

So it's good. Coz if ever you end it by a cliffhanger, you better not come to Mauritius! And make sure that I never come at Arizona! Or else, everyone here will taste Goat Soup with Mauritian spices! Yummy!

Btw, it's not a threat! It's a WARNING!!

Innocent Ieshwar

P.S Is there a place for a sweet agoraphobic Mauritian homosexual whose name is Ieshwar? o:)

So it's good. Coz if ever you end it by a cliffhanger, you better not come to Mauritius! And make sure that I never come at Arizona! Or else, everyone here will taste Goat Soup with Mauritian spices! Yummy!

Innocent Ieshwar

P.S Is there a place for a sweet agoraphobic Mauritian homosexual whose name is Ieshwar? o:)

B) .........Well if it had not sounded so serious (CJ family problems) I would have said that the Goat was going to Australia......evil goat and all!! :(

He din't say coz of family problems. He said family reasons. He had already said this when we were planning for the meeting in November! I believe that it's some kinda family rite or annual meeting!

Or a secret meeting amongst goats who are planning to conquer the world...

Ieshwar

He din't say coz of family problems. He said family reasons. He had already said this when we were planning for the meeting in November! I believe that it's some kinda family rite or annual meeting!

Ieshwar

B) ....Oh! good reunions can be fun!! Even for goats!

Well, you can't postpone it too much. It would be silly for them to move on to play other venues and then suddenly end up back at the Grand Canyon. No, I think that has to go hand-in-hand with the Phoenix play date. I guess this means NO chapters while you are gone... :(

So, does this mean that, as editor, you're advising me to have them dangle over some other precipice on a breaking rope, or does it mean you think it should be done earlier, so there would be a cliffie while I was gone? 0:)

One question: Do you think you'll get Worthington Michael Sinclair to come to the concert? :great:
And Rory, Luke, and Seth?

If I did that, Dan and Dom would have themselves a barbecue, featuring plagiarizing goat as the main course! :lmao:

Innocent Ieshwar

Ummm, the sweet, agoraphobic issuer of death threats, you mean? :P

And Ieshwar, really, you're worried for nothing... I never use cliffhangers...

I blame shadowgod for this; his cliffhangers in Living in Surreality obviously shook you up so badly that now you fear any form of cliffhangers...

See what wou've done Shadowgod? You've made Ieshwar afraid of cliffhangers!

And the question must be asked; was he agoraphobic before, or did your cliffies do that to him too?

B) .........Well if it had not sounded so serious (CJ family problems) I would have said that the Goat was going to Australia......evil goat and all!! :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound serious. I was being vauge because of privacy concerns (for a member of my family.).

Some of the trip will be fun, and I'll be much more forthcoming with the details after I get back. Right now I'd prefer not to, as its their personal buisness, and thus not mine to share on the internet. Anyway, I'll explain when I get back.

Ieshwar

Actually, sort of, but part of this trip came as a surprise (of the welcome kind, nothing bad!) not long after I made that post.

:)

• Site Moderator
If I did that, Dan and Dom would have themselves a barbecue, featuring plagiarizing goat as the main course! lmaosmiley.gif

If you asked Dan and Dom first for permission, and they agreed, then they could appear. I do know of a couple of authors who had characters from their stories appear in the others. Plus, Author A had permission from Author B to use one of his characters in a spinoff story.

On another note, if we were closer together, I'd let you borrow my laptop to take with you on the trip. Then maybe you wouldn't have to worry about yours crapping out on you.

Jan

If you asked Dan and Dom first for permission, and they agreed, then they could appear. I do know of a couple of authors who had characters from their stories appear in the others. Plus, Author A had permission from Author B to use one of his characters in a spinoff story.

On another note, if we were closer together, I'd let you borrow my laptop to take with you on the trip. Then maybe you wouldn't have to worry about yours crapping out on you.

Jan

Thanks Jan!!!

The main problem is I'll be in areas with few chances to connect to the 'net, so even with a good laptop I'd have trouble. I'm guessing I won't have much time to write anyway, and I'm going to have withdrawals from that!

Hey CJ,

Have a good vacation (I'll try to keep the negative thoughts about being stuck in cold, wet Ottawa while you're in Europe to a minimum :P ). Thanks for leaving us one (or two) chapters to tide us over until you get back.

Any cliffies might cause the thread on goat recipies to re-surface!

Steve

• Site Moderator
Thanks Jan!!!

The main problem is I'll be in areas with few chances to connect to the 'net, so even with a good laptop I'd have trouble. I'm guessing I won't have much time to write anyway, and I'm going to have withdrawals from that!

I was thinking more in the line of writing if the muse struck. Plus, it is the computer I use the most when I edit stories.

Jan

I was agoraphobic ever since I realised that I am gay! (Agoraphobic means scared of ligh and hence, staying in the closet! :) )

Btw, have a nice trip! :) Make sure to jump around in the mountainous regions if ever, you have a difficulty, activate your red beam skywards as distress signal! :P

Take care,

Ieshwar

I'll also be a very infrequent visitor to GA and this forum while I'm away, due to the internet acess problem. Also, my laptop (which is what I use when traveling) is old and cranky so if it conks out, I might be absent for the entire time, or whatever time remains after it quits. However, I'll be leaving the chapter to be posted so even if I'm offline entirely, you should see it posted.

:hug: we'll miss you, but I'm sure we're all unanimous in wishing you a safe and enjoyable excursion!

B) ....Oh! good reunions can be fun!! Even for goats!

True, but we already know who the "black sheep" of the family is 0:)

I'm leaving the US on Oct 21st, returning Nov 23rd.

At least you know when you'll be back again :P

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Wow, thanks!!!

I'm going to miss all of you, and I'll hopefully get a chance to pop in briefly a few times.

We're on course for at least one chapter posting while I'm gone, and like I promised, I did tell Shadowgod that he couldn't add his planned monster (and literal) cliffhanger of having the guys dangling over the rim of the grand canyon on a failing rope.

0:)

We're on course for at least one chapter posting while I'm gone, and like I promised, I did tell Shadowgod that he couldn't add his planned monster (and literal) cliffhanger of having the guys dangling over the rim of the grand canyon on a failing rope.

That's great, but knowing you two, it will probably be the plane landing with the wheels stuck up? :thumbdown:

That's great, but knowing you two, it will probably be the plane landing with the wheels stuck up? :thumbdown:

Huh? I'd never do something like that!!

Though, if Shadowgod has his eeevil cliffhangerly way, it will be more like; they're on a plane, the pilot is dead, the wing has been blown off, and there are no parachutes...

They don't call him the :king: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers :king: for nothing.

Oh, and Ieshwar, I see yout title now says "Cliffhanger-phobic.." I'm very sorry that Shadowgod has so traumatized you!

:hug:

It wasn't because of Shadowgod! :( It was because of you!!!! Now, only because of you, CJ, I'm afraid to read stories, in case there is a cliffhanger.

Ieshwar

Me??!?!?! But Ieshwar, how could that be? Everyone knows that I never use cliffhangers... Oh, wait, I see! You are so used to having cliffhanger-free stories from me that you have grown to fear them elsewhere, right?? :whistle:

Me??!?!?! But Ieshwar, how could that be? Everyone knows that I never use cliffhangers... Oh, wait, I see! You are so used to having cliffhanger-free stories from me that you have grown to fear them elsewhere, right?? :whistle:

I'm glad he didn't give me some random title yet.. *Gloats to self*

CJ is the King of Evil Cliffhangers! He traumatizes me!

Cliffhanger-Phobic Ieshwar

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..