Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

What is going on?

• Site Administrator
This is my second post in the past five days! :P

BeaStKid

still lurking

Sorry, but under the rules established by C James himself, you have to have a posting rate of over 8 a day to be considered a lurker. :P

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my second post in the past five days! :P

BeaStKid

still lurking

See? That's not lurking, that's posting. :P

Sorry, but under the rules established by C James himself, you have to have a posting rate of over 8 a day to be considered a lurker. :P

ACK! Echidna!!!!!!

I'll clear this up once and for all.

The current Member rankings are:

0 posts: Validated Member/lurker

0-4 posts: Newbie.

5-25 posts: Member

25-50 posts: Active Member

50-100 Posts: Gold Member

100-250 Posts: Prolific Member

250-400 posts: Cool Member

400-999 posts: Manic Poster

1000-1999 posts: Millennium Club!

2000-2999 posts: Bi-Millennium Club!

3000-3999 posts: Tri-Millennium Club!

4000-4999 posts: Quatro-Millennium Club!

5000+ posts: lurker. :ph34r:

See? I'm a lurker... :ph34r:

• Site Administrator
I'll clear this up once and for all.

The current Member rankings are:

0 posts: Validated Member/lurker

0-4 posts: Newbie.

5-25 posts: Member

25-50 posts: Active Member

50-100 Posts: Gold Member

100-250 Posts: Prolific Member

250-400 posts: Cool Member

400-999 posts: Manic Poster

1000-1999 posts: Millennium Club!

2000-2999 posts: Bi-Millennium Club!

3000-3999 posts: Tri-Millennium Club!

4000-4999 posts: Quatro-Millennium Club!

5000+ posts: lurker. :ph34r:

See? I'm a lurker... :ph34r:

You'd have a lot more chance of convincing me if I knew that you were authorised to set the membership levels, but I thought that was Myr's responsibility.....

You'd have a lot more chance of convincing me if I knew that you were authorised to set the membership levels, but I thought that was Myr's responsibility.....

It is Myr's responsibility. However, I can report the membership levels, can't I? 0:)

• Site Administrator
It is Myr's responsibility. However, I can report the membership levels, can't I? 0:)

You can, except that I've seen no evidence to support the levels of 1000+ that you've reported. I have a suspicion that you made them up.... :wacko:

You can, except that I've seen no evidence to support the levels of 1000+ that you've reported. I have a suspicion that you made them up.... :wacko:

But Graeme, we do have celebration threads in the lounge for those 1000+ clubs, millenium, bi-millenium, tri-millenium, etc. Doesn't that make them official?

But Graeme, we do have celebration threads in the lounge for those 1000+ clubs, millenium, bi-millenium, tri-millenium, etc. Doesn't that make them official?

Yours was the penta-Mi club!!! :P:P:P

And yes, when you post a few posts in a long span of days, it is called lurking.

I call that lurking because I am keeping up with the conversation. How can I keep up with the conversation if I am not lurking in the background reading all those posts you, the postwhore, post... :P:P

Yours was the penta-Mi club!!! :P:P:P

And yes, when you post a few posts in a long span of days, it is called lurking.

I call that lurking because I am keeping up with the conversation. How can I keep up with the conversation if I am not lurking in the background reading all those posts you, the postwhore, post... :P:P

Ahhh, but having more than one or two posts a month makes you a poster, not a lurker. :P

Here you go!!

We have a new record!!!! And CJ is still going good arguing with me!!!

And here's the proof... It's a bit old as it took me some time to edit it and then upload it to photobucket, but its true!!!

B)B)top20.jpg

B) ......Well BeaStkid provided us with this proof

• Site Administrator
I did not have a total of 64 posts that day! and I can prove it, so :P:P :P :P

He never said you had a total of 64 posts on that day. He just said you made 64 posts on that day. There is an important difference between the two statements. You really should learn to read.... :P

B) ......Well BeaStkid provided us with this proof

Actually, that isn't proof, and I can prove it. That's only what Beaskid saw at one point during that day. Also, what he sees is, due to a software quirk, not always accurate. If I post in a forum he can't see, then my total that HE sees doesn't reflect that. For example, if I post in the WST, Jan (who is, like me, a member) will see a different post count for me than you will. Honest, this is true.

Also, that was a snapshot at one point during that day, so when I say "I didn't have to total of 64 posts at the end of that day" I'm being totally truthful. And to head of the Echidna's argument, by "end of the day" I'm talking about the end of MY day. :P

Actually, that isn't proof, and I can prove it. That's only what Beaskid saw at one point during that day. Also, what he sees is, due to a software quirk, not always accurate. If I post in a forum he can't see, then my total that HE sees doesn't reflect that. For example, if I post in the WST, Jan (who is, like me, a member) will see a different post count for me than you will. Honest, this is true.

Also, that was a snapshot at one point during that day, so when I say "I didn't have to total of 64 posts at the end of that day" I'm being totally truthful. And to head of the Echidna's argument, by "end of the day" I'm talking about the end of MY day. :P

B) ......Ah, denial is treatable if one seeks help!! :wacko: ..What you are telling us is that its possible you've posted even more than the 64 post in one day. Jan, just how many post does the Goat have in WST forum? You see he could have posted the same number of post in one day in WST, a "Double-postaholic". It could be worse, who knows how many forums the goat is lurking and posting in?? :o At least I glad to hear you admit to the 64 post in this forum, admission, not only good for the soul.....but the first step in recovery!! ;)

• Site Administrator

B) .........a lurking postaholic!! What does one call a poster who post 64 post in a single day?? :P

I did not have a total of 64 posts that day! and I can prove it, so :P:P:P:P

Getting back to the original statement and your response, the fact that your statement about not having a total of 64 posts that day is irrelevant to the question you were responding to. The question was what does one call a poster who posts 64 posts in a single day? All you have done is state you didn't post EXACTLY 64 posts that day. That doesn't mean you didn't post 64 posts that day -- only that you posted more or less than 64 posts. Since we have proof of at least 64 posts, it has to be more.

So, what does one call a poster who posts in excess of 64 posts in a single day? :P

• Site Administrator
It's currently 5:30 pm local time and here's what I see for the post count,

Graeme at 25

CJ at 18

Benji at 17

Ieshwar at 6

and me at 5.

What do some of you see?

Jan

That you're 16 hours behind me? 0:)

It's currently 5:30 pm local time and here's what I see for the post count,

Graeme at 25

CJ at 18

Benji at 17

Ieshwar at 6

and me at 5.

What do some of you see?

Jan

B) .....Ah 71 total posts, however the goat just logged on a couple hours ago while Graeme has been here for quite a long time today. Me!! I'm just lurking :D

• Site Moderator
That you're 16 hours behind me? 0:)

Then that brings up some questions, just exactly does the new day start? Does it start with each persons local mid-night or mid-night, local server time. I've been online before I go to work of a morning and see one daily post count. I can come back later in the day and see a reset number.

Jan

• Site Administrator
Then that brings up some questions, just exactly does the new day start? Does it start with each persons local mid-night or mid-night, local server time. I've been online before I go to work of a morning and see one daily post count. I can come back later in the day and see a reset number.

Jan

My impression is that it is a rolling 24 hours. I've seen my post count going DOWN while I've been logged in, which is why I think it recalculates it each time you ask for the day's top 20 posters.

My impression is that it is a rolling 24 hours. I've seen my post count going DOWN while I've been logged in, which is why I think it recalculates it each time you ask for the day's top 20 posters.

B) .....I totally agree, if I logged in yesterday at 6:30 am and incurred 15 posts by the time I leave at 6:00pm. When I re-log in the next day (6:30am), the posts start going down as I past thru the 24 hour period. So at say 7:00 I'll be down to 14, unless I post within that time. That being said the Goat made at least 64 posts active during a 24 hour period.

;)

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator
That being said the Goat had 64 posts active during a 24 hour period.

;)

Before he makes a comment, that should be "the Goat made at least 64 posts during a single 24 hour period."

Before he makes a comment, that should be "the Goat made at least 64 posts during a single 24 hour period."

Hrmmm, I liked it better before, so maybe I should not comment other than to answer your question regarding what to call someone with 64 posts in a day... A lurker having a slightly off day :)

BTW, the post count display is a 24 hour rolling average. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..