Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

What is going on?

The current record for the most in a day is 56 held by Snowy!! :)

Congrats to the self-proclaimed lurker on 5,000 posts!!! :P

His claims of being a lurker have yet again been rebuffed by statistics!!! :)

Never trust statistics; they can be so very misleading. :)

As for the posts in a day record, I thought it was Kevin with 43, and Benji passed him recently with 70+ in a day?? When did Snowey do 56?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never trust statistics; they can be so very misleading. :)

As for the posts in a day record, I thought it was Kevin with 43, and Benji passed him recently with 70+ in a day?? When did Snowey do 56?

Benji never passed 45... Mr. Snowy came and reclaimed his crown from Kevin...Ask him...

Well, far be it from me to challenge his record; Way to go, Snowdog!!! \

He was also the first besides Myr to reach 1000. :):2thumbs:

And since then, you've taken the responsibility of breaking all records of posting!!!

5,000!!! :blink: :wacko:

Nope, sorry, a record is a record, and I've never ended a day with 56 posts... :P

Here you go!!

We have a new record!!!! And CJ is still going good arguing with me!!!

And here's the proof... It's a bit old as it took me some time to edit it and then upload it to photobucket, but its true!!!

top20.jpg

Here you go!!

And here's the proof... It's a bit old as it took me some time to edit it and then upload it to photobucket, but its true!!!

top20.jpg

Sorry to dissapoint you, BK, but that's not accurate, and I don't mean becuase of the time since you took it; it wasn't accurate when you took it, either.

Due to the way the GA software works, you only see a count of the posts someone makes in the forums which you can see .

For example, if Jan makes five posts in the WST forum, you won't see the posts, of course, but you also won't see those five reflected in his

daily post count (but they are in his total post count).

What this means is that two users can look at that list at the same instant, and see different numbers. That's how I know for a fact it';s not accurate; I made some posts in the WST and elsewhere today, which will not be in that count.

So, so sorry! :P

Sorry to dissapoint you, BK, but that's not accurate, and I don't mean becuase of the time since you took it; it wasn't accurate when you took it, either.

Due to the way the GA software works, you only see a count of the posts someone makes in the forums which you can see .

For example, if Jan makes five posts in the WST forum, you won't see the posts, of course, but you also won't see those five reflected in his

What this means is that two users can look at that list at the same instant, and see different numbers. That's how I know for a fact it';s not accurate; I made some posts in the WST and elsewhere today, which will not be in that count.

But according to that theory, it'd increase your post count and not decrease it thereby holding my claim of you breaking the record true!!! :P

But according to that theory, it'd increase your post count and not decrease it thereby holding my claim of you breaking the record true!!! :P

It's not a theory, it's a fact (seriously) and I can prove it; it's the way invision board works.

I made no claims other than that your count was inaccurate, which it was.

:)

It's not a theory, it's a fact (seriously) and I can prove it; it's the way invision board works.

I made no claims other than that your count was inaccurate, which it was.

:)

Yeah... my count may be inaccurate...I mean, how can I post 43 posts in a day!?? But you can post 74 posts in a day!!! :wacko:

• Site Administrator
Ahh, but I've never done 56 posts in a day!

An untrue statement, as will be explained below

Nope, sorry, a record is a record, and I've never ended a day with 56 posts... :P

A probably true statement, though even there a case can be made for it to be untrue.

I understand and accept this. This means that the number of daily posts reported for a member is always less than or equal to their true total number of posts for that day.

Since we have documented evidence that CJ has posted in excess of 70 posts in a single day, he has posted 56 posts in that day (since 70 posts is 56 posts plus extras).

Now, CJ may claim that he's never ended a day with 56 posts, but even that statement can be challenged. As I understand the GA software, the "daily posts" is calculated on the previous 24 hours, not on a calendar day. This means that it reports the number of posts in the preceding 24 hours. If, in one 24 hour period, CJ posted 80 posts, then there would have been a point in time when he would have posted 56 posts in the preceding 24 hours. That would be a day in which he ended the day with exactly 56 posts. The fact that he kept on posting so that the 24 hour period ended up with more than 56 posts is irrelevant -- there exists a point in time where he had ended the day (defined as being a 24 hour period) with exactly 56 posts.

An untrue statement, as will be explained below

A probably true statement, though even there a case can be made for it to be untrue.

I understand and accept this. This means that the number of daily posts reported for a member is always less than or equal to their true total number of posts for that day.

Since we have documented evidence that CJ has posted in excess of 70 posts in a single day, he has posted 56 posts in that day (since 70 posts is 56 posts plus extras).

Now, CJ may claim that he's never ended a day with 56 posts, but even that statement can be challenged. As I understand the GA software, the "daily posts" is calculated on the previous 24 hours, not on a calendar day. This means that it reports the number of posts in the preceding 24 hours. If, in one 24 hour period, CJ posted 80 posts, then there would have been a point in time when he would have posted 56 posts in the preceding 24 hours. That would be a day in which he ended the day with exactly 56 posts. The fact that he kept on posting so that the 24 hour period ended up with more than 56 posts is irrelevant -- there exists a point in time where he had ended the day (defined as being a 24 hour period) with exactly 56 posts.

:wacko:

officially stumped!

Yeah..whatever he said.. Lol

• Site Moderator
8 posts is not lurking, you postaholic! :P

Perhaps I should give lurking lessons? :D:ph34r:

But you do give us lessons daily.

Also, don't forget that the posts in the sub-forum in the Lounge does not count towards a persons total number or the daily posts.

Jan

56 posts in one day?? Yipes, now that's a posting spree!
Mr. Snowy is a self proclaimed POSTAHOLIC!!! And I do not disagree... :)
Well, far be it from me to challenge his record; Way to go, Snowdog!!! \

He was also the first besides Myr to reach 1000. :):2thumbs:

And since then, you've taken the responsibility of breaking all records of posting!!!

5,000!!! :blink: :wacko:

Ahh, but I've never done 56 posts in a day!
That doesn't make a difference if you have the highest post count!!! :P
Here you go!!

I feel like I've been all day at a tennis match. Seriously guys, why not get a (chat) room? :D Just kidding.

The goat would still post in the forum to increase his post count. :P

B) ..........Well an all day tennis match seems to have summed this up nicely :P . I couldn't even keep up with the goat yesterday :wacko: . Someone please cut off his caffeine, 76 post in a 24 hour period. And without Kevin playing, (yeah! where were you!!) I'm just glad the server didn't fry.

• Site Administrator

It's been over nine hours since the last post in this forum. I know it's been my weekend and I've been doing family things -- what's everyone else's excuse? :P

It's been over nine hours since the last post in this forum. I know it's been my weekend and I've been doing family things -- what's everyone else's excuse? :P

Mine is, first and foremost, that I'm a lurker and this almost never post anyway. The second is that I've been busy with both work and writing.

Been sleeping? :unsure:

Ieshwar

Sleeping? But, Ieshwar, you're such a postaholic that I thought you posted even while sleeping? :blink:

Exams?

BeaStKid

still lurking

Lurking? Sorry BK, you can't be a lurker.. you post too much.

:P:P:P

Mine is, first and foremost, that I'm a lurker and this almost never post anyway. The second is that I've been busy with both work and writing.

Sleeping? But, Ieshwar, you're such a postaholic that I thought you posted even while sleeping? :blink:

Lurking? Sorry BK, you can't be a lurker.. you post too much.

:P:P:P

This is my second post in the past five days! :P

BeaStKid

still lurking

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..