Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

What is going on?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has improved very mucvh. The person that I am staying we get along well. He asked me if I wanted to stay permantly. I told him yes. Now on too another subject; How do you copy and paste with a Laptop? This is my first laptop I am using.

It has improved very mucvh. The person that I am staying we get along well. He asked me if I wanted to stay permantly. I told him yes. Now on too another subject; How do you copy and paste with a Laptop? This is my first laptop I am using.

First, glad to see you're going ok! I hope everything goes well, and please remember that you have a sympathetic ear here. :)

As for the laptop, it depends on the laptop. Some have a mousepad device built in, along with a couple of keys that act as the right and left "mouse" buttons. Theoretically, you should be able to use the left button and then the mouse pad to select text. There are other methods for other types, but I don't know them. I heartily second the suggestion to get a wireless mouse. Heck, even the old-fashioned wired kind are a big improvement. I carry an old wired desktop mouse in my PC case for that reason.

• Site Administrator

Gee... I didn't realise that there were that many people who couldn't read :P The question was how to cut-and-paste, not the best type of mouse :D

Highlight the text or object to you want to copy. You can do this with a drag of the mouse (just like you would on a desktop PC), or you can use the touchpad while holding down the left button (just like you would if you were using a mouse), or you can even use the shift or ctrl keys combined with the arrow keys -- there are lots of ways. Feel free to experiment. There are short cuts like CTRL-A to select everything that may be useful at times (inside a window or object it often selects eveything inside that object).

Once you have done so, you can either right click and select "copy" or you can use CTRL-C on the keyboard (that's hold the Ctrl key down and push the C key). That copies what you've selected to the clipboard.

Right click and select "paste" or CTRL-V to paste where you want it to go.

Is that clear enough? :D

• Site Administrator

I know everybody is probably busy with the holidays, but no posts in CJ's forum in over 24 hours :o !!!!

Well maybe it is that everybody is in agreement that CJ is a prolific poster who uses cliffhangers in almost every posted chapter, and even CJ has given in and agreed :D .

Hope everybody had a great weekend, and those that got the dump of snow here in North America are doing fine.

Steve B)

• Site Administrator

Yesterday (Sunday) was a busy day for me -- we had people around for a BBQ and they didn't end up leaving until just before 11pm. Today was a shocking day at work -- in that I actually had to work :P They're my excuses.... 0:)

• Site Moderator

I basically spent the day being lazy. The biggest thing I did all day was clear the ice and twigs off the car from the freezing rain we got Saturday night. I also spent some time reading and drifting out of The Lord of The Rings trilogy that was on TNT.

Jan

I know everybody is probably busy with the holidays, but no posts in CJ's forum in over 24 hours :o !!!!

Well maybe it is that everybody is in agreement that CJ is a prolific poster who uses cliffhangers in almost every posted chapter, and even CJ has given in and agreed :D .

Hope everybody had a great weekend, and those that got the dump of snow here in North America are doing fine.

Steve B)

ya, I agree it's been unusually quiet over here in the last few days. maybe it's time that CJ post his new chapter. it's feels like it's been an eternity since the las time he posted one.

Also, as I'm writing this, CJ ain't in the top 20 poster (at least for what I can see), that certainly doesn't help, but it's not an excuse as we did manage to keep this forum running when he was away.

and ya we're fine in mtl with that dump of snow. 32cms they say,, I swear it feels more like it, when you're shoveling, or when you're stuck in the snow. yesterday while we were in the storm, my dad called in from the beach in trinidad, I was like "you bastard" :P

ya, I agree it's been unusually quiet over here in the last few days. maybe it's time that CJ post his new chapter. it's feels like it's been an eternity since the las time he posted one.

Also, as I'm writing this, CJ ain't in the top 20 poster (at least for what I can see), that certainly doesn't help, but it's not an excuse as we did manage to keep this forum running when he was away.

and ya we're fine in mtl with that dump of snow. 32cms they say,, I swear it feels more like it, when you're shoveling, or when you're stuck in the snow. yesterday while we were in the storm, my dad called in from the beach in trinidad, I was like "you bastard" :P

B) ..........I know our goat is living in the mountains, perhaps he is snowed in...on a cliff. I thought Chapter 18 was due on Saturday, what happened??

I thought Chapter 18 was due on Saturday, what happened??

ya, That's right, I remember reading that it would be up on Saturday. Maybe he decided that he should already get back on his regular schedule track.

maybe someone get to our beloved goat and told him that he wouldn't be posting a new chapter until he changed the cliff hanging part of it.

Sacha

Steve B)

ACk!! I am not a prolific poster, and I never use cliffhangers!! :P

Yesterday (Sunday) was a busy day for me -- we had people around for a BBQ and they didn't end up leaving until just before 11pm. Today was a shocking day at work -- in that I actually had to work :P They're my excuses.... 0:)

I was offline all day Sunday, too, due to work as well as snow.

I basically spent the day being lazy. The biggest thing I did all day was clear the ice and twigs off the car from the freezing rain we got Saturday night. I also spent some time reading and drifting out of The Lord of The Rings trilogy that was on TNT.

Jan

That sounds like fun... Except for the freezing rain.

I was offline all day Sunday and most of saturday.

As for the chapter schedule, I'll get to that later in this post, but you're right, it's time. :)

B) ..........I know our goat is living in the mountains, perhaps he is snowed in...on a cliff. I thought Chapter 18 was due on Saturday, what happened??

I was kind of snowed in erlaier in the week, so I had to do extra work this weekned to make up for it.

Ch 18 is actually due Monday, as I recall, and then next week we return to our usual Tuesday posting (and Tuesday is Christmas day!). And, uh, Today is monday, so I better get the chapter formatted and into Joe's mailbox! It should be online soon.

ya, That's right, I remember reading that it would be up on Saturday. Maybe he decided that he should already get back on his regular schedule track.

maybe someone get to our beloved goat and told him that he wouldn't be posting a new chapter until he changed the cliff hanging part of it.

Sacha

If I said Saturday, I goofed. I was trying for an "eight day week" to split the difference and get us back to Tuesday postings. It's today. :)

• Site Administrator
Since this posting, CJ hasn't made a single post in over 24 hours. He must be trying to cut back for the holiday's.

I suspect he's still swamped with work that piled up while he was away. He indicated in the latest story thread that he was short of time to respond.

Since this posting, CJ hasn't made a single post in over 24 hours. He must be trying to cut back for the holiday's.

Jan

Or maybe we ticked him off good enough and doesn't wanna talk to us anymore. 0:) ok maybe not. But now he can say that he's only a shy lurker goat :ph34r:

it's time for other people to step up if we wanna keep the post count

Or maybe we ticked him off good enough and doesn't wanna talk to us anymore. 0:) ok maybe not. But now he can say that he's only a shy lurker goat :ph34r:

it's time for other people to step up if we wanna keep the post count

B) .....nah, it's that rocky mountain high living he's doing

ROFL!!!

Actually, Graeme is right; I'm busy catching up with work since I was away, AND also due to being snowed in for a few days last week. Plus of course the holidays, and also the anthology stuff, and trying to get LTMP 21 done.

I should be around more later tonight. And yes, I am a lurker! (and thanks for the new quote, Frenchcanadian! 0:) )

• Site Administrator
I should be around more later tonight. And yes, I am a lurker! (and thanks for the new quote, Frenchcanadian! 0:) )

CJ, I don't really think that is the best quote that you can use from Frenchcanadian. I think maybe the part of you being a role model here is a much better one.

Steve B)

Edited by wildone
now, now, now, the end of chapter 4 wasn't a cliffhanger! at least not a big one, just enough to keep people reading. Maybe CJ is my role model for that, lol

I don't see why that is a better quote, I did say that the end of chapter 4 wasn't a cliffhanger. that it was just enough to make people wanting to read some more, just like CJ does.

Now how is that cliffhangers?? 0:):lol:

Sacha

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..