2008 GA GetTogether Announcement

Trebs

Not coming.

I already have a big summer plan set on the first week of July. Driving to eastern Quebec...exploring New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island (plus a quick drive in Nova Scotia) before driving to Quebec City in time for it's 400th birthday on July 3rd. It'll rock...much better than...Texas where I'd be cooking under the sun and 100F heat. Canada is much cooler during the summer. neh neh neh :P

So f**K Texas. It'd be one of the last parts of the USA I'd see. :D

Of course...if I know a hot guy there, I would go in a snap. :*)

Of course...if I know a hot guy there, I would go in a snap. :*)

As a matter of fact, I do a know a hot guy in Austin. I'm 90% sure I'll come to Dallas for the GA gathering and then head down to see the cowpoke. (Or is it have a cowpoke?). :P Go Longhorns!

Thank God for grandfathered AAdvantage miles.

Jack B)

I edited the first entry in this thread and updated it with the current attendance list. If you think you are (or even might be) going - let me know. Either post here or send me a PM.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to, but I can't because I would be in school at that time (I'm a high school senior), so 2009 is a maybe for me depending on the location of the next GA Get-Together. I would love to meet some of the people from GA!

I might show up, depending on the job situation by then... also depends on rather or not the bf is at home during that part of the summer... if hes here in GA, I'll probably stay here... If hes back home in LA for a few weeks though theres a good chance that I might show up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're under two months out so giving an update as well as renewed call to see if anyone else has thought about attending.

The initial post on this thread has been updated as far as attendees - putting Benji and AFriendlyFace in the likely to attend, and adding Rose Straito, Tim the Traveller and brax to the "maybe" list.

Details are still the generally the same:

Dallas area (closest airport: Dallas Fort Worth DFW)

June 6-8, 2008

The thread for the UK Get-together is Here

As we have more time to organize this one, as well as lessons learned from the last one, I'm looking at more of a full weekend (Fri-night through Sun morn). Tentative rough schedule would be:

Friday night casual mingling (coffee-shop)

Saturday morning breakfast

Saturday either:

++ Six Flags Arlington or

++ free time for groups to form and go off exploring on their own

Saturday night dinner

Sunday morning brunch

If you think you WILL attend (or even put yourself down as a "maybe"), please either reply to this post or send me a PM.

• 4 weeks later...

As it is one month away, wanted to check and see if anyone new was thinking of going...

Should be a fun time - that is, as long as I can keep Dan under control ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And farm work has screwed me again.

I won't be able to make it, I still have 5 fields(about 65 acres) of corn to plant, And it HAS to be in the ground by June 15th or no crop insurance on those fields.

So no vacation for me until after then, Unfortunately.

Have an awesome time guys, I will be wishing I was there having fun with y'all!

And farm work has screwed me again.

I won't be able to make it, I still have 5 fields(about 65 acres) of corn to plant, And it HAS to be in the ground by June 15th or no crop insurance on those fields.

So no vacation for me until after then, Unfortunately.

Have an awesome time guys, I will be wishing I was there having fun with y'all!

:( .......That's too bad! Is the corn for feed, fuel or consumption?