Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

SPiCE

• Site Administrator
Whoa! It's Shadowgod who is the one prone to suggesting all manner of horrific things... Sweet, innocent me would never do such a thing as that! Remember, it's Shadowgod who is always unspeakably cruel to his characters. (for anyone who doubts me, recall the motorcycle in LiS!)

I don't recall much bad happening to the motorcycle in LiS. Unlike Steve's car in FTL, which was run into things, stolen, and almost chopped up into little pieces (or at least painted and given a new identity). You were a lot more cruel to that car than Shadowgod was ever to the motorcycle in LiS.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall much bad happening to the motorcycle in LiS. Unlike Steve's car in FTL, which was run into things, stolen, and almost chopped up into little pieces (or at least painted and given a new identity). You were a lot more cruel to that car than Shadowgod was ever to the motorcycle in LiS.

You are so bad! ;)

Anything is possible! :)

The issue here is that I can't say they are antagonists. If I did, that would be a spoiler, and the Echidna would get me.

:ph34r:

Let me guess, The scar/Jerry is actually working for someone else? even more evil than him,,

Let me guess, The scar/Jerry is actually working for someone else? even more evil than him,,

:o He is an arms dealer, so maybe Sacha is correct. he could be working for a dictator.

Even if The Scar is working for someone else, he is still a heel and has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Anyone who would work for someone like that is not a very nice person. Rather he or she is someone who lacks principles. Thus, The Scar is still one of the bad guys even if there is someone else above him who is in fact the antagonist or "principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/antagonist

Even if The Scar is working for someone else, he is still a heel and has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Anyone who would work for someone like that is not a very nice person. Rather he or she is someone who lacks principles. Thus, The Scar is still one of the bad guys even if there is someone else above him who is in fact the antagonist or "principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/antagonist

B) ..........I wouldn't put it past the goat that Scar is working for Eric#1 :P

For a moment or so let's run with the theory that The Scar is working for someone else. A dictator perhaps.

Why would this person want to take over Paraguay?

It's a landlocked country that is surrounded by countries that have more or less good relations with the US. The only access it has to a port is via a treaty with Brazil where the Paran

For a moment or so let's run with the theory that The Scar is working for someone else. A dictator perhaps.

Why would this person want to take over Paraguay?

It's a landlocked country that is surrounded by countries that have more or less good relations with the US. The only access it has to a port is via a treaty with Brazil where the Paran

Good point again sacha, Cj pointed it out on his forum of what the scar wants, he wants total power. But we know that Eric would love to ruin his plans :D

I noticed some discussion on what The Scar is really after... I can't divulge any future details, but I can help out my mentioning a few key passages in the narration. The biggest is this one in 38:

That's the core of The Scar's plan. In brief, he's offering a strategic incentive; ny taking a country, he makes himself vulnerable in a way that he isn't as just an individual controlling the bombs. He's basically giving the US a strategic rationale to give him what he wants. He's also keeping his demands reasonable, in order to get what he wants.

Paraguay and power are what he wants. He'll have some elements of a nuclear program (that's why the fabrication gear was shipped to south America). Paraguay, being landlocked, offers some advantages due to central positioning. It is also already a nexis of the international arms trade (the area near Iguazu, where Branzil, Paraguay, and Argentina meet, is well known in arms dealing circles) trade. Also, the situation in the ajoining Bolivian province of Santa Cruz is an opportunity; it would give The Scar enormous leverage with Argentina and Brazil. He's basically be emulating the Venezuelan dictator Chavez in that regard (control of fuel sources parlayed into influence, plus backing terrorists in neighboring countries, etc. ). Santa Cruz region is very rich in natural gas. (BTW, I am NOT suggestion that the Santa Cruz separatists have anything to do with terrorists, merely that The Scar would be in an ideal strategic position).

Basically, he wants absolute power within one country and a good strategic position regionally. He's not out to take over the planet. He craves power, so this gives him what he wants; absolute power.

CJ :)

Edited by Drewbie

Sacha, I think in light of what CJ wrote you do make a good point. Especially considering this is set a few years into the future. Who knows what Paraguay might be like in a few years. With all those corrupt government and military officials all over the place thanks to The Scar's/a dictator's money I guess almost anything is possible.

• 4 weeks later...
We must have a meeting now! How shall we sacrifice the goat? Shall we roast the goat over an open fire or sacrifice the goat over an alter to our deity, Shadowgod? :evil:

B) ........I must protest, I've met Steve and his Shadowyness hasn't got an once of evil in him. Use the goats own alter instead.

Actually, you won't need the spit or alter. By the time I get my Talons into him, there won't be anything left.

B) ......Ok, we will have Talonrider throw the goat from the cliff, sacrifice at the alter, then roast him.

Did I mention that I have nice canines and sharp claws?? I am, after all, a Beast!! :P

And we have a resident Tiger as well... :)

B) ........It would seem everyone wants a piece of the Goat!! :P

Let's face it. Some of us are a bunch of animals. We should start our own sub-group. Like maybe the GA Animals or the GA Zoo.

I already have a jungle of my own... Didn't you notice it in my signature???

*Hint*The big banner in the middle */Hint* :whistle:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..