Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play 26: Whitsundays

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
We'll find out what is going on with Lump, and the reason for the silence about him, in the next chapter. :)

:o:o:o:o OH MY GOSH!!!

This is definitely a spoiler!!! Giving us definite plot lines ahead of time. Where oh where is Graeme when we need him?

Let's hope he just doesn't 'spine' him in the hooves, it may delay the next chapter. Maybe one or two sharp spines in the CJ's a$$ might be more appropriate :P .

Steve B)

BTW, :wub: Happy Valentines Day :wub: everyone!!!!

:hug:

:o:o:o:o OH MY GOSH!!!

This is definitely a spoiler!!! Giving us definite plot lines ahead of time. Where oh where is Graeme when we need him?

Let's hope he just doesn't 'spine' him in the hooves, it may delay the next chapter. Maybe one or two sharp spines in the CJ's a$$ might be more appropriate :P .

Steve B)

BTW, :wub: Happy Valentines Day :wub: everyone!!!!

:hug:

That's an interesting spoiler indeed. B)

C'mon, if that's a spoiler,, it's very week as it doesn't tell us squat.. I need something more substantial..

• Site Administrator

Sorry, but I've been snowed under with work, as well as being away for a couple of days. By the time I got back, this thread was well and truly underway and I didn't have anything to add :)

Onto the issue at hand....

*coughs loudly*

Yes, this is a spoiler.

Suitable punishment is being organised, but I'm going to be kind to the poor old goat, since today is Valentine's Day in the USA. :wub: Now, if he'd given the spoiler on any other day... :mace:

Back to the story, and I honestly don't have anything more to add. I feel the key points are the GPS (which has been explained adequately -- indeed, I didn't know some of the detail specified), and the business about landing a plane. It sounds to me that if Brandon ever found himself in that situation, he's likely to kill everyone if he tried to land the plane.

I was especially intrigued by the suggestion that a plane crash may be used as the way to kill the band. There are numerous examples of musicians killed in plane crashes, especially small planes. I think that this just may be what CJ has planned, though we'll have to wait and see.

*coughs loudly*

Yes, this is a spoiler.

Suitable punishment is being organised, but I'm going to be kind to the poor old goat, since today is Valentine's Day in the USA. :wub: Now, if he'd given the spoiler on any other day... :mace:

I vote that CJ has to forfeit and skip whatever plans he has in Real Life and focus on writing/editing/revising LTMP until it is finished and posted.

A bit late (except on the west coast), but happy vday anyways.

I vote that CJ has to forfeit and skip whatever plans he has in Real Life and focus on writing/editing/revising LTMP until it is finished and posted.

He is pretty close to finishing it if he has not already. He's also started a sequel to For the Love. He is at the very least, several chapters ahead of the actual release dates. At least, that is my impression. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. ;)

Sorry, but I've been snowed under with work, as well as being away for a couple of days. By the time I got back, this thread was well and truly underway and I didn't have anything to add :)

*coughs loudly*

Yes, this is a spoiler.

Back to the story, and I honestly don't have anything more to add. I feel the key points are the GPS (which has been explained adequately -- indeed, I didn't know some of the detail specified), and the business about landing a plane. It sounds to me that if Brandon ever found himself in that situation, he's likely to kill everyone if he tried to land the plane.

I was especially intrigued by the suggestion that a plane crash may be used as the way to kill the band. There are numerous examples of musicians killed in plane crashes, especially small planes. I think that this just may be what CJ has planned, though we'll have to wait and see.

EEEK! I dodged a bullet (or a set of spines) on that one!!

BTW, speaking of plane crashes, and apropos of nothing, remember how Dimitri got rid of the Russians who sold the plutonium?

LoL! :)

Don't worry, I will finish it. :)

He is pretty close to finishing it if he has not already. He's also started a sequel to For the Love. He is at the very least, several chapters ahead of the actual release dates. At least, that is my impression. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. ;)

I haven't finished it yet. However, I am a few chapters ahead. I have to be; it takes time for the team to work on it, one after another.

However, I sometimes write non-sequentially, such as jumping ahead a few chapters, writing a scene or an entire chapter, and then returning, or in one case writing a couple of chapters in revers order. :wacko: This can cause delays, becuase I certainly can't send, say, Ch 30 in for beta and editing before I send 28. :)

Please don't ask how many chapters LTMP will have. I'd happily give you a guess, but it would be wrong. I stink at predicting how it will fill out regarding chapters. To give you an idea, my original prediction was 15, which I think might be a bit off. 0:)

I haven't finished it yet. However, I am a few chapters ahead. I have to be; it takes time for the team to work on it, one after another.

However, I sometimes write non-sequentially, such as jumping ahead a few chapters, writing a scene or an entire chapter, and then returning, or in one case writing a couple of chapters in revers order. :wacko: This can cause delays, becuase I certainly can't send, say, Ch 30 in for beta and editing before I send 28. :)

Please don't ask how many chapters LTMP will have. I'd happily give you a guess, but it would be wrong. I stink at predicting how it will fill out regarding chapters. To give you an idea, my original prediction was 15, which I think might be a bit off. 0:)

It was just a guess. I sometimes do that, only I end up focusing on another story. That's part of the reason that I've decided to break Dark Earth into either 2 or 3 parts. I want to finish one part and focus on my other story. That's the plan anyway. Plus there are two or three short stories that are in more of a planning phase. I am awefully scattered at times. :blink:

He's already ahead of time with his chapter, we won't have to wait again...

BTW, speaking of plane crashes, and apropos of nothing, remember how Dimitri got rid of the Russians who sold the plutonium?

I absolutely do not remember, but I'll take a while guess, they got into a plane crash?

The more will be for the best. But, I guess too many ain't good either with the possibility of having chapter saying nothing to the story

I absolutely do not remember, but I'll take a while guess, they got into a plane crash?

The more will be for the best. But, I guess too many ain't good either with the possibility of having chapter saying nothing to the story

That sounds like it could be a spoiler.

• Site Administrator
That sounds like it could be a spoiler.

Alas, he's only pointing out what's already in the posted story. He may be hinting at future events, but he's not said so.

Umpires ruling: No Spoiler....

It was just a guess. I sometimes do that, only I end up focusing on another story. That's part of the reason that I've decided to break Dark Earth into either 2 or 3 parts. I want to finish one part and focus on my other story. That's the plan anyway. Plus there are two or three short stories that are in more of a planning phase. I am awefully scattered at times. :blink:

I'll challenge you for the title of "most scattered". :lol: I think writing chapters in reverse order might have earned me the title of "scatterbrain of the year." :boy:

I can't guarantee no waiting. I'm currently writing Ch 31, just at the halfway point. However, the back-and forth between me and out team takes time, and often one or more are busy, so chapters can still get hung up in process. However, I hope I can avoid any significant delays, and it would just be for a day or two. :)

And as for Dimitri and the Russian plutonium sellers on an airliner, I'll quote the whole thing from chapter 7;

His business an hour later at the airport had been child
I'll challenge you for the title of "most scattered". :lol: I think writing chapters in reverse order might have earned me the title of "scatterbrain of the year." :boy:

And as for Dimitri and the Russian plutonium sellers on an airliner, I'll quote the whole thing from chapter 7;

:worship: For all the time that I've been telling him that he was scattered with his writing,, finally someone also agrees with me...

So I was basically right,,, a plane crash,, alright,, forced by dimitri, but still a plane crash :P:P

• Site Administrator
Alas, he's only pointing out what's already in the posted story. He may be hinting at future events, but he's not said so.

Umpires ruling: No Spoiler....

Graeme, please do not take any offence with this post.

I am giggling to myself as I think of the few times I have watched Australian Rules Football. We do not really see that much over here, but the one thing I think everyone who has seen it gets a chuckle out of is when a team scores, the umpire runs up, comes to a very rigid stance in his uniform (which is different in itself), and does a strange signal with his forearms.

I just see you doing this when making a ruling on if something is a spoiler or not :D .

Please tell me you don't :lol: !

I'm sorry :lmao: ! I'm bad.

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
Graeme, please do not take any offence with this post.

I don't see how I could be offended :lol:

I am giggling to myself as I think of the few times I have watched Australian Rules Football. We do not really see that much over here, but the one thing I think everyone who has seen it gets a chuckle out of is when a team scores, the umpire runs up, comes to a very rigid stance in his uniform (which is different in itself), and does a strange signal with his forearms.

The reason is that they are signalling to the goal umpire at the other end of the field. Both umpires need to agree on the score at the end of the game, so they need to know if a goal is scored (six points) or a behind (one point). Naturally, in the top level of the sport, technology makes this irrelevant, but at the suburban level this is quite important.

Speaking of strange signals... I've watched a few American Rules Football (gridiron) games. The umpires there have their own weird set, especially after they turn their microphones on just before speaking directly to the camera.... :P

I just see you doing this when making a ruling on if something is a spoiler or not :D .

Please tell me you don't :lol: !

I don't :D I used to be a basketball referee, so I'm more likely to use that strange set of signals....

:worship: For all the time that I've been telling him that he was scattered with his writing,, finally someone also agrees with me...

So I was basically right,,, a plane crash,, alright,, forced by dimitri, but still a plane crash :P:P

I already knew that I was scattered with my writing. It's something I admit. You're overlooking the fact that he admits to being more scattered than I am. Now he just needs to admit to being a profilic architect of evil cliffhangers. ;)

I can't guarantee no waiting. I'm currently writing Ch 31, just at the halfway point.

:o Chapter 31 is the halfway point!!! Wow! 62 chapters...that's great!!!

Lots of time for more pool parties. :wub::D

Conner

I already knew that I was scattered with my writing. It's something I admit. You're overlooking the fact that he admits to being more scattered than I am. Now he just needs to admit to being a profilic architect of evil cliffhangers. ;)

tutututu,, he didn't admitted to be more scattered in general,, he just said that he had a scatteredbrain for writing chapter in non sequential order. there's a nuance :P

Chapter 31 is the halfway point!!! Wow! 62 chapters...that's great!!!

Lots of time for more pool parties.

Now, Conner, hon, I don't want to make you cry, but I think that he meant that ch 31 is at halfway point to be finished (the chapter) not the story :P

Tho, CJ I wouldn't mind either if the story goes on for years, :P

I think he means half way through writing chapter 31. :P

Me, too. Either that or we're going to be reading LTMP into Christmas, 2008.

Just took my houseguest of this past week to the airport and I'm back in circulation. I keep thinking that Vladimar's stuffed kangaroos will be decor for his funeral. Dimitri and J/S must be planning on his departure...soon.

Airplanes, Lump back in the picture, private islands...goodness. There is much activity. We must be ready for a Speedo scene soon.

Jack B)

Me, too. Either that or we're going to be reading LTMP into Christmas, 2008.

Just took my houseguest of this past week to the airport and I'm back in circulation. I keep thinking that Vladimar's stuffed kangaroos will be decor for his funeral. Dimitri and J/S must be planning on his departure...soon.

Airplanes, Lump back in the picture, private islands...goodness. There is much activity. We must be ready for a Speedo scene soon.

Jack B)

ya, the speedo scene, I mean we all know that Helen has something planned, and they worked hard on their tan,,,

LOL, the decor for Vladimir will be a dozen of stuff kangaroos, LOL, and a signed poster from the band,,LOL

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..