Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play- Ch.34 When Worlds Collide

B) ........I think it went with the title Dreams & Cliffed Wings, there was no secret that Cody had eyes for Eric out of all the band members. He even remembered Eric's favorite poison, which got him closer to his Idol. How daring and brave was it for Cody to try and seduce Eric?? So Cody's dream may have been forfilled already, even if he doesn't make a re-appearance or re-connects with Eric. That could have been Eric's 1st & last 0:)

You're right. It might be. You never really know with an evil goat lurking in the shadows. This is dangerous territory. :ph34r:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. It might be. You never really know with an evil goat lurking in the shadows. This is dangerous territory. :ph34r:

B) ..............(2000).............Very dangerous territory!!

• Site Administrator
Eric has "long brown hair" according to chapter two. Both new chapters ended in cliff hangers..again :( Can't wait for more... Lissa

I stand corrected Lissa, it is long brown hair, I must have been thinking of Jon's jet black hair :wacko: .

Welcome to the forum too :great: . Get used to the cliffhangers, especially as the story gets closer to the end. CJ I'm sure will prove again why he is our King :king: and Queen :king: .

Steve B)

I stand corrected Lissa, it is long brown hair, I must have been thinking of Jon's jet black hair :wacko: .

Welcome to the forum too :great: . Get used to the cliffhangers, especially as the story gets closer to the end. CJ I'm sure will prove again why he is our King :king: and Queen :king: .

Steve B)

I have no doubt about future cliffhangery. He is the reigning king, and I doubt he's about to make it easy for Dan or Shadowgod to take it from him. I think this is only the beginning. My guess is there's going to be something super evil very soon. :ph34r:

Another thing I wanted to mention, did you on purposely leave a bit of character development out until now. If I'm not mistaken, we have known that Eric has jet black hair, and a body to die for, but I do believe that this is the first time we learned he has sapphire blue eyes. Needless to say, that image is conjuring up some happy images in my mind.

As far a Eric goes, I think that SPICE has had some influence on you :P and your writing. What was it, six or seven chapters that you tortured us poor innocent readers waiting for the kiss between Brandon and Chase. Then WHAM, in one chapter we have one of the hottest kisses happen between Eric and Cody :wub: ,

Funny too how you had Helen barge in on them before anything else could happen. Hopefully Brandon and Chase hear about the kiss and see the irony of her barging in on him .

Now as far as the chapter goes, Don't tequila the Eric, I think that is a great idea. Let's see, so far Helen, Barbara, Jon, Brandon, Chase, Gunter, J/S, and Cody all know that Eric isn't allowed tequila, so there really isn't too many left to tempt him with it. I guess there may be an encounter between Joe and Eric, but I'm hoping Joe is on the straight and narrow and not going to be anywhere around the devil's nectar (BTW, didn't you allude to the fact that it is one of your favourite drinks :devil: ).

It's mentioned early in the story (first couple of chapters) that all the Carlisle's have blue eyes. However, it was an offhand reference (Brandon sees three sets of blue eyes looking back at him).

It's also mentioned (Great catch, Lissa!) that Eric has brown hair, but if you imagine him with black hair, he could have it; maybe he dyed it and it just wasn't mentioned? :)

There is, actually, a reason why my character's physical descriptions are often a bit vauge, and rarely repeated in the text. As a reader, I've often found myself shaken out of a story when the author interjects a physical description that does not mesh with how I see the character. Therefor, I try and let the reader decide what the character looks like, and just give a few descriptions early on, though not a total description.

And, ummm, yes, Tequila is one of my favorite drinks. In fact, I was doing shots of it at a party right before I sat down and wrote "Three for Jake" while still quite drunk. I had no idea Shadowgod has a liking for it though (you did call it the Devil's nectar, right?)

:P

SPiCE has a lot to say about that comment actually. We take offense to this notion of feeding... Eric drank the spirit of his own free will. It's not as if Cody strapped him down pried open his mouth and poured it down his gullet. Trust me, had Eric been tied down it would have been a completely different chapter. All Cody did was facilitate the spirit's acquisition.

SPiCE also has grave concerns about the end of this chapter. Eric is left alone in a closet with Helen, who has had made a stunning accusation. Yet, we have no further clarification on the issue. Clarification that has been suspiciously absent for the last several chapters. Therefore, we must regrettably declare Let the Music Play, Chapter 34, a cliffhanger.

Furthermore, Mr. wildone, if future references to the Cody / Eric incident, please refer to the disclaimer at the bottom of DnCW 5

Thank You.

SPiCE

Ahhh, yes, SPiCE. I wonder why it is that SPiCE seems favorably disposed to Cody? Hrmmm, so, let's be clear on the groundrules here; if someone merely brings Eric tequila, and offers him a drink, that person is ok, right?

Thank you, kind sir, for this defense of Jerry.

As for Helen and Eric, well, that may be many things, but it isn't a cliffhanger! :P

Great chapter!

I loved the part about the pancakes.

Jerry loosing what little sanity he had is great. I'm surprised no one has gone looking for the old road boss. He must have some friends or relatives who are wondering why he is not returning phone calls and emails.

When it comes to the drunk kiss all I can say is I loved it!

Jerry faxed a resignation letter for Adam Creston (the old road boss) and it's only been a few weeks. Assuming he was single, it would be a while before anyone started looking, and it's only been a couple of weeks, so that hasn't raised too many eyebrows, yet. :)

However, Cody came awfully close to sharing Adam's fate. Sticking one's nose into Jerry's buisness is often not a healthy option.

Jerry is prone to getting a bit agitated. He's just a guy who prefers to be left to his own devices. :nuke:

Eric has "long brown hair" according to chapter two. Both new chapters ended in cliff hangers..again :( Can't wait for more... Lissa

Lissa, GREAT catch, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! :2thumbs:

But, don't worry about cliffhangers... It's often said that I never use them at all. 0:)

Well, I don't really think Cody will be hooking up with Eric. I could be wrong though. 0:)

Cody could have gone on tour with Eric, and in so doing he'd have left his stress-filled world of Dreams & Cliffed Wings behind, for the much safer and happier world of LTMP. However, I don't think His Shadowyness is willing to abandon his Dark Designs for Cody, just yet. :)

B) ........I think it went with the title Dreams & Cliffed Wings, there was no secret that Cody had eyes for Eric out of all the band members. He even remembered Eric's favorite poison, which got him closer to his Idol. How daring and brave was it for Cody to try and seduce Eric?? So Cody's dream may have been forfilled already, even if he doesn't make a re-appearance or re-connects with Eric. That could have been Eric's 1st & last 0:)

We shall see. :)

I have no doubt about future cliffhangery. He is the reigning king, and I doubt he's about to make it easy for Dan or Shadowgod to take it from him. I think this is only the beginning. My guess is there's going to be something super evil very soon. :ph34r:

Tiger! Would I ever do such a thing as that? 0:)

Actually, to be quite honest, I originally had LTMP 34 ending when the door to the closet opened (but not revealing who it was). However, I continued it a bit to avoid having a cliffhanger. :P

It's mentioned early in the story (first couple of chapters) that all the Carlisle's have blue eyes. However, it was an offhand reference (Brandon sees three sets of blue eyes looking back at him).

It's also mentioned (Great catch, Lissa!) that Eric has brown hair, but if you imagine him with black hair, he could have it; maybe he dyed it and it just wasn't mentioned? :)

There is, actually, a reason why my character's physical descriptions are often a bit vauge, and rarely repeated in the text. As a reader, I've often found myself shaken out of a story when the author interjects a physical description that does not mesh with how I see the character. Therefor, I try and let the reader decide what the character looks like, and just give a few descriptions early on, though not a total description.

And, ummm, yes, Tequila is one of my favorite drinks. In fact, I was doing shots of it at a party right before I sat down and wrote "Three for Jake" while still quite drunk. I had no idea Shadowgod has a liking for it though (you did call it the Devil's nectar, right?)

:P

Ahhh, yes, SPiCE. I wonder why it is that SPiCE seems favorably disposed to Cody? Hrmmm, so, let's be clear on the groundrules here; if someone merely brings Eric tequila, and offers him a drink, that person is ok, right?

Thank you, kind sir, for this defense of Jerry.

As for Helen and Eric, well, that may be many things, but it isn't a cliffhanger! :P

Jerry faxed a resignation letter for Adam Creston (the old road boss) and it's only been a few weeks. Assuming he was single, it would be a while before anyone started looking, and it's only been a couple of weeks, so that hasn't raised too many eyebrows, yet. :)

However, Cody came awfully close to sharing Adam's fate. Sticking one's nose into Jerry's buisness is often not a healthy option.

Jerry is prone to getting a bit agitated. He's just a guy who prefers to be left to his own devices. :nuke:

[Lissa, GREAT catch, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! :2thumbs:

But, don't worry about cliffhangers... It's often said that I never use them at all. 0:) ]

Cody could have gone on tour with Eric, and in so doing he'd have left his stress-filled world of Dreams & Cliffed Wings behind, for the much safer and happier world of LTMP. However, I don't think His Shadowyness is willing to abandon his Dark Designs for Cody, just yet. :)

We shall see. :)

Actually, to be quite honest, I originally had LTMP 34 ending when the door to the closet opened (but not revealing who it was). However, I continued it a bit to avoid having a cliffhanger. :P

Thank you. Never? Uh Huh... :rolleyes:

Edited by Lissa
Thank you. Never? Uh Huh... :rolleyes:

Actually, I'll use this as an opportunity to thank Shadowgod for one other first; For the first time, I can actually say that I've had some of my characters in a chapter with a cliffhanger (DnCW5). In fact, it was fun! Actually, I liked it so much that, thanks to Shadowgod, I might just try and write a cliffhanger of my own one of these days! :2thumbs:

Of course you would do such a thing. I still say it was an evil cliffhanger, because Eric has yet to face the full extent of Helen's wrath. :ph34r:

• Site Administrator
Actually, I'll use this as an opportunity to thank Shadowgod for one other first; For the first time, I can actually say that I've had some of my characters in a chapter with a cliffhanger (DnCW5). In fact, it was fun! Actually, I liked it so much that, thanks to Shadowgod, I might just try and write a cliffhanger of my own one of these days! :2thumbs:

CJ, CJ, Cj,

I believe this is a prime example of looking through rose coloured glasses (speaking of which, what colour of tint are your glasses :P ).

When you look at your characters in a chapter penned by Steve, you see your characters involved in a cliffhanger, which I should point out is actually a cliffhanger between Cody and Joe.

And yet when you see the same scene written by yourself, with one of your main characters antagonizing the one woman in the story that can do irreparable harm to him, and that is just on consuming CJ's nectar. But is that far enough? NO!! You have to have Eric further antagonize Helen by pointing a spray bottle (containing what, who knows, could be ammonia, bleach?), and threatening to spray her in the face with it :o .

Then you leave the chapter off without letting us know if Eric comes to his senses.

How can you not see the cliffhanger in that????

All I can say is people living in glass houses should not throw stones. :D

Steve B)

CJ, CJ, Cj,

I believe this is a prime example of looking through rose coloured glasses (speaking of which, what colour of tint are your glasses :P ).

When you look at your characters in a chapter penned by Steve, you see your characters involved in a cliffhanger, which I should point out is actually a cliffhanger between Cody and Joe.

And yet when you see the same scene written by yourself, with one of your main characters antagonizing the one woman in the story that can do irreparable harm to him, and that is just on consuming CJ's nectar. But is that far enough? NO!! You have to have Eric further antagonize Helen by pointing a spray bottle (containing what, who knows, could be ammonia, bleach?), and threatening to spray her in the face with it :o .

Then you leave the chapter off without letting us know if Eric comes to his senses.

Steve B)

I thoroughly agree :D ! But wait.. CJ doesn't use cliff hangers. :wacko:

CJ, CJ, Cj,

Steve B)

Steve! :blink:

I do agree, the cliffhanger was between Cody and Joe, AS FAR AS WE KNOW. I don't know how it could involve any of my characters, but, given His Shadowynesses deviousness, who knows? (Only The Shadow knows...)

But, as for my chapter, a squirt bottle and Helen do not make for a cliffhanger! :P Nobody thought it was a cliffhanger when Eric was drinking with Jerry, so how could this be one?

Eric, well, what harm could he cause if he gets out of that utility closet on tequila? 0:)

I thoroughly agree :D ! But wait.. CJ doesn't use cliff hangers. :wacko:

Thank you Lissa!!! :worship::worship: :worship: :worship::worship:

CJ :)

Or so he says. Saying and doing are two different things.

I agree. You never know what evil cliffhanger is being cooked up by goats and dark ones. While most cringe, I actually look forward to them. :P

• Site Administrator

CJ likes tequila

Tequila results in cliffhangers

Therefore CJ = Cliffhangers

Edited by wildone
CJ likes tequila

Tequila results in cliffhangers

Therefore CJ = Cliffhangers

Steve, you said it! We must never forget the awesome cliffhanger from Chapter 19. Not only did it create a stir in the forum, it caused a certain cat to emerge from the shadows. 0:)

This is the first time I've ever tried using another author's character, and it was quite difficult in many ways. One of the trickiest parts was making Cody read as a free-standing character in LTMP for those who are unfamiliar with DnCW. However, it was also one hell of a lot of fun, and I'm very glad His Shadowyness came up with the idea. :)

Well, as someone who's completely unfamiliar with DnCW and didn't realize Cody was anything but a new, made-up character, I'd say it worked pretty well :)

I had always given Helen the benefit of the doubt when she "controls" the band, but this time tequila or no tequila I think she went to far with Eric and demanding Cody to leave, I wish Eric had a garden hose instead of a squirt bottle.

I dunno, given the circumstances I don't think she was really out of line.

Anyway, good chapter! :)

-Kevin

Cross-pollination of stories... :wacko:

Yes, I liked it. :D

This could be the beginning of something huge. I can just think of all the possibilities.

Helen tracks done Cody only to have an encounter with Saul, the bagel dude. It results in Helen financing a chain of goat-based bagelries. :P

Conner

• Site Administrator

This could be the beginning of something huge. I can just think of all the possibilities.

Helen tracks done Cody only to have an encounter with Saul, the bagel dude. It results in Helen financing a chain of goat-based bagelries. :P

Conner

Goat flavoured bagels??? :blink:

I'll pass :P

awww come one you could serve them with mint jelly.

Oh wait that's lamb... We all know CJ bears no resemblance to lamb what-so-ever. Far too innocent a visage for that. Yes CJ, I'm talking about the lamb, not you. :P

Oh wait that's lamb... We all know CJ bears no resemblance to lamb what-so-ever. Far too innocent a visage for that. Yes CJ, I'm talking about the lamb, not you. :P

You're right about that. Innocent lambs don't create evil cliffhangers. I guess that eliminates both of us from being classified as lambs. And CJ, don't even go there. Don't forget what we discussed a while back. 0:)

• Site Administrator
You're right about that. Innocent lambs don't create evil cliffhangers. I guess that eliminates both of us from being classified as lambs. And CJ, don't even go there. Don't forget what we discussed a while back. 0:)

Me thinks that a certain Tiger has CJ by the toe (or hoof). Hopefully you have evidence, such as a saved PM where CJ has finally admitted to using cliffhanger :P .

If you do, please feel free to share with us, we will all keep it a secret :D

According to Tiger, so cliffe equals fun?

Tiger uses eevil cliffies. :P

Well, as someone who's completely unfamiliar with DnCW and didn't realize Cody was anything but a new, made-up character, I'd say it worked pretty well :)

I dunno, given the circumstances I don't think she was really out of line.

Anyway, good chapter! :)

-Kevin

Thanks Kevin!!

I was wondering how Cody would come across to anyone not familiar with DnCW. I had no idea if I'd made him a passable free-standing character (which is what I needed to do). I had a far easier time writing Adam Creston, the old road boss. BTW, seeing as the Echidna is away, I'll give a little spoiler; Adam Creston will no longer have an active role in the story.

Ummm, although, Shadowgod might not have appreciated it had Cody shared Adam's fate.

Conner

Hi Conner!

ROFL, yes, Goat-themed bagelrys! Shadowgod might have started the latest trend! Heck, if Starbucks coffee shops could become a hit, anything is possible! :lol:

Awww!!! But surely I am more sweet and innocent than even a lamb? My quiet and shy nature, and my cheerful love of irony....

But I never write cliffhangers! :P

Me thinks that a certain Tiger has CJ by the toe (or hoof). Hopefully you have evidence, such as a saved PM where CJ has finally admitted to using cliffhanger :P .

If you do, please feel free to share with us, we will all keep it a secret :D

ROFL! :lol:

Actually, I did say, earlier in the thread, that I might try writing a cliffie one of these days. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..