C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play- Ch.34 When Worlds Collide

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its up :D !!!

Chapter 34

Another excellent chapter, CJ. The appearance of a character from another author's story was a neat turn.

I see Jerry/Scar's scheme gradually unraveling; he keeps making small mistakes and Eric hears about it, adding new pieces to the puzzle. I think Lump will add a few pieces when he and Eric next cross paths.

Okay, I simply loved that chapter, specially the second amendment reference, that was simply fun. And that's not to forget that little part :lol::D

I just wish someone had told him that you have to get the eggs out of their shells before putting them in the blender.

Overall for the chapter, it was good. The story didn't advance exactly in this chapter, (there wasn't any bomb finished or primed,,,) but we can just see that it set up things for upcoming chapters.

And what about poor Eric, being cruised by a guy.. Cody did find the best way to have it his way,,, daring him to kiss him, that was just genius... maybe if Helen hadn't arrived at that point, Cody could have dared him to do some more,,, :P

Okay, I simply loved that chapter, specially the second amendment reference, that was simply fun. And that's not to forget that little part :lol::D

Overall for the chapter, it was good. The story didn't advance exactly in this chapter, (there wasn't any bomb finished or primed,,,) but we can just see that it set up things for upcoming chapters.

And what about poor Eric, being cruised by a guy.. Cody did find the best way to have it his way,,, daring him to kiss him, that was just genius... maybe if Helen hadn't arrived at that point, Cody could have dared him to do some more,,, :P

Well, what do you expect? Oh, I shouldn't go there. Helen is okay sometimes. I do think it was kinda cool though. Hopefully the next time Eric will get a little more action. I hope so, 'cuz breeding is so unnatural. :wacko:

• Site Administrator

CJ I absolutely loved it :D !!

What a great chapter. To have an experience explained from two different POV's was amazing. I felt that to Eric, the kiss was just another experience, but it was much more to Cody. I imagine he will be on cloud nine for a while.

I, like Sacha, enjoyed the 'right to bare arms' reference, but found more humour in Gunter's comment of his observation of Cody:

Nodding, and appreciating the honesty, G
This had me laughing. On the other hand, it does prove that you are eviler than Steve :devil: . I do not believe he took any shots at you in the chapter.

SPICE will definitely have something to say about Cody feeding Eric tequila. I wonder how much that weighed in on Eric having the kiss with Cody, than the experience did.

As a member of both SPiCE and CLiFf, I object to the fact that the two did not get to go much further than a kiss. It's cruel to Eric what Helen did, and it prevented Cody from liberation. :angry: Other than that, I loved both chapters. :D I would say they are both evil. We had not one but two EEEvil cliffhangers. :evil:

This had me laughing. On the other hand, it does prove that you are eviler than Steve :devil: . I do not believe he took any shots at you in the chapter.

He has already gotten his shots in at CJ. Do you remember the name of the bagelry where Cody works?

Another excellent chapter, CJ. The appearance of a character from another author's story was a neat turn.

I see Jerry/Scar's scheme gradually unraveling; he keeps making small mistakes and Eric hears about it, adding new pieces to the puzzle. I think Lump will add a few pieces when he and Eric next cross paths.

This is the first time I've ever tried using another author's character, and it was quite difficult in many ways. One of the trickiest parts was making Cody read as a free-standing character in LTMP for those who are unfamiliar with DnCW. However, it was also one hell of a lot of fun, and I'm very glad His Shadowyness came up with the idea. :)

BTW, We had so much fun that I've offered to do it again, including letting Shadowgod pick from a list of my characters should he want them to make guest appearances in DnCW:

Jerry, Dimitri, Reverend Thadius, Blackheart from FTL, and lets not forget The Muse... Hrmm, and maybe Big Tony from "Jake" . Or, of course Eric... (the one from FTL, if he goes back to his old ways).

I always endeavor to be helpful. 0:)

I just wish someone had told him that you have to get the eggs out of their shells before putting them in the blender.

The second amendment ref was one of my favorite bits in the chapter, too. :) It was fun, and just seemed to fit Eric. :)

There were some major things in the chapter, but they aren't obvious, yet. I'll give a clue to one of the major ones: What was Jerry so keenly writing?

The Scar glanced again at his laptop, knowing that he needed some uninterrupted time to work on the draft of his letter. He
Lol... Well, Helen probably did make an impression on Cody. I don't think he got the fact that it was the tequila she was so steamed about. LoL

And Tim, WHAT cliffhanger? I know His Shadowyness had one, but there was none in mine! :P

Considering the similarities in the chapters' endings, they're both evil cliffhangers. We do not know 1) if Cody still has a job and 2) just what Helen is going to do to Eric. Those are EEEvil cliffhangers!

Extortion letter.

That would not be at all surprising. The Scar is the most evil character the goat has ever created. I wonder who The Scar will kill next. The Scar may be more evil than Lord Voldomort from Harry Potter. :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Well if I were to hazard a guess, the fax is a somewhat mission statement, revealing his intentions to the US gov't,, explaining the upcoming demonstration, and his demands.

Another thing I wanted to mention, did you on purposely leave a bit of character development out until now. If I'm not mistaken, we have known that Eric has jet black hair, and a body to die for, but I do believe that this is the first time we learned he has sapphire blue eyes. Needless to say, that image is conjuring up some happy images in my mind.

As far a Eric goes, I think that SPICE has had some influence on you :P and your writing. What was it, six or seven chapters that you tortured us poor innocent readers waiting for the kiss between Brandon and Chase. Then WHAM, in one chapter we have one of the hottest kisses happen between Eric and Cody :wub: ,

Funny too how you had Helen barge in on them before anything else could happen. Hopefully Brandon and Chase hear about the kiss and see the irony of her barging in on him :D .

Now as far as the chapter goes, Don't tequila the Eric, I think that is a great idea. Let's see, so far Helen, Barbara, Jon, Brandon, Chase, Gunter, J/S, and Cody all know that Eric isn't allowed tequila, so there really isn't too many left to tempt him with it. I guess there may be an encounter between Joe and Eric, but I'm hoping Joe is on the straight and narrow and not going to be anywhere around the devil's nectar (BTW, didn't you allude to the fact that it is one of your favourite drinks :devil: ).

SPICE will definitely have something to say about Cody feeding Eric tequila. I wonder how much that weighed in on Eric having the kiss with Cody, than the experience did.

Steve B)

SPiCE has a lot to say about that comment actually. We take offense to this notion of feeding... Eric drank the spirit of his own free will. It's not as if Cody strapped him down pried open his mouth and poured it down his gullet. Trust me, had Eric been tied down it would have been a completely different chapter. All Cody did was facilitate the spirit's acquisition.

SPiCE also has grave concerns about the end of this chapter. Eric is left alone in a closet with Helen, who has had made a stunning accusation. Yet, we have no further clarification on the issue. Clarification that has been suspiciously absent for the last several chapters. Therefore, we must regrettably declare Let the Music Play, Chapter 34, a cliffhanger.

Furthermore, Mr. wildone, if future references to the Cody / Eric incident, please refer to the disclaimer at the bottom of DnCW 5

Thank You.

SPiCE

Great chapter!

I loved the part about the pancakes.

Jerry loosing what little sanity he had is great. I'm surprised no one has gone looking for the old road boss. He must have some friends or relatives who are wondering why he is not returning phone calls and emails.

When it comes to the drunk kiss all I can say is I loved it!

• Site Administrator
SPiCE has a lot to say about that comment actually. We take offense to this notion of feeding... Eric drank the spirit of his own free will. It's not as if Cody strapped him down pried open his mouth and poured it down his gullet. Trust me, had Eric been tied down it would have been a completely different chapter. All Cody did was facilitate the spirit's acquisition.

SPiCE also has grave concerns about the end of this chapter. Eric is left alone in a closet with Helen, who has had made a stunning accusation. Yet, we have no further clarification on the issue. Clarification that has been suspiciously absent for the last several chapters. Therefore, we must regrettably declare Let the Music Play, Chapter 34, a cliffhanger.

Furthermore, Mr. wildone, if future references to the Cody / Eric incident, please refer to the disclaimer at the bottom of DnCW 5

Thank You.

SPiCE

Mr. Shadowgod (since we're being formal and all :P )

Unfortunately you must have misunderstood the word "feeding". Does a mother tie down a toddler before feeding her child? I merely meant that Cody provided the nourishment (the devil's nectar) for poor Eric.

Actually, you mentioned a cliffhanger. And what a doozy it is. I am seriously concerned for Eric's well being if he does press that trigger on the spray bottle while pointed at Helen. Even if he is her favorite, I'm sure certain bodily harm will be done to him if he follows through in his drunken fun.

Still, Cody is the one who made this all possible, so he has to share some of the blame. I would say that the crack dealer is just as responsible as the addict for the addicts actions when high.

Maybe I need to go post in the SPiCE and CLiF forums both. :D

Sincerely,

Mr. Wildone B)

That would certainly be my opinion,,To announce the demonstration of their power with a first blast, then stating his demands, and finally, the bluff will start, with the false bombs,,

Eric has "long brown hair" according to chapter two. Both new chapters ended in cliff hangers..again :( Can't wait for more... Lissa

I just dropped by to say that I enjoyed the chapter very much. Especially the kiss... :wub:;)

Well, the stage has been set...literally....J/S has even started on the extortion letter, Eric's and the rest of Instinct's doubts about Jerry have quadrupled.... and we have yet again been left with a cliffhanger... :P

Awesome, your highness... :worship:

Thanks

BeaStKid

Eric has "long brown hair" according to chapter two. Both new chapters ended in cliff hangers..again :( Can't wait for more... Lissa

Welcome to GA. You, like me, have posted for the very first time in CJ's forum. Anyway, I thought the evil cliffhangers were marvelously done. :wub:

Lol... Well, Helen probably did make an impression on Cody. I don't think he got the fact that it was the tequila she was so steamed about. LoL

And Tim, WHAT cliffhanger? I know His Shadowyness had one, but there was none in mine! :P

Oh, speaking of Tequila... What if the next chapter is entitled "Don't Tequila the Eric"? (It is... )

CJ

B) ..............I loved the interjection of Cody into the story!! I had always given Helen the benefit of the doubt when she "controls" the band, but this time tequila or no tequila I think she went to far with Eric and demanding Cody to leave, I wish Eric had a garden hose instead of a squirt bottle. I also hope Eric intervenes on Codys behalf and makes sure he is paid, I wonder if he will tip him for the kiss?? :P

Wonder if Eric experiment more with guys :P

With the other discussions, Eric seems to me to try things once or twice, but yea mostly still str8 he could still fall for a guy though :P

B) ............I doubt it, but he might with Cody :D

Well, I don't really think Cody will be hooking up with Eric. I could be wrong though. 0:)

B) ........I think it went with the title Dreams & Cliffed Wings, there was no secret that Cody had eyes for Eric out of all the band members. He even remembered Eric's favorite poison, which got him closer to his Idol. How daring and brave was it for Cody to try and seduce Eric?? So Cody's dream may have been forfilled already, even if he doesn't make a re-appearance or re-connects with Eric. That could have been Eric's 1st & last 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..