Chance of a sequel or spin-off

Chance of Sequel? Spin-off ideas  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a sequel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too close to call
  2. 2. Ideas for a spin-off

• A Shot Of Tequilla- What happened Eric?
    • Brandon Wolfe- Secret Agent
    • Helen Rocks
    • other ideas

Back on topic however, I told via email Goat, take a break, youve gone nonstop since the beginning of FTL. Chillax recharge, build up a reserve. then come back and proceed to blow us all away again :)

Steve, you were raised a Catholic, weren't you? (damn wussy compassionate people ;) ) I know you beta-readers don't get squat, but my fee is rather high, and not having any incoming chapters means lower income, which in turns means lower revenue for France under the form of gladly paid taxes!

Allons Enfants de la Patrie! So why would a mere goat get some rest, be able to get more time to think his plot and characters, and be allowed to provide a better story for his cohorts of readers, if it means my nice and respectable government doesn't get its rightful share? Come on, CJames, it's two chapters a week you're supposed to toil over, now, we Frenchmen love to exploit foreign labor! Especially minority animal labor. I want to get my L

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

It looks like we need a little peer pressure on CJ to take a break. So.....

Connor, can you get some pressure from the goat subcommittee and any other goats :sheep:

Dan, Steve, Tiger, Kevin, can you use some peer pressure from the cliffhanger peer group :lol: .

Kevin, Graeme, Myr, Tiger, BeaStKid, Benji, and Joe, a little pressure please from the postaholics peer group. :P

Um, maybe some pressure from the Frenchmen for more taxes, and use of slave labour (unfortunately I can only think of one) :wacko:

And the rest of us will try to get the point across in whatever way we can :jerry: .

It looks like we need a little peer pressure on CJ to take a break. So.....

Connor, can you get some pressure from the goat subcommittee and any other goats :sheep:

Dan, Steve, Tiger, Kevin, can you use some peer pressure from the cliffhanger peer group :lol: .

Kevin, Graeme, Myr, Tiger, BeaStKid, Benji, and Joe, a little pressure please from the postaholics peer group. :P

Um, maybe some pressure from the Frenchmen for more taxes, and use of slave labour (unfortunately I can only think of one) :wacko:

And the rest of us will try to get the point across in whatever way we can :jerry: .

B) ..........By all means goat, take a break, set a lounge chair outside your adobe and relax while looking over the cliff, into the distance thunderstorms as they roar towards you. A shot of Bourbon tequila at your side to help ease your stress and worries about the non-existant mobs vying for a good old fashioned bar-b-que. Most of all have pleasant dreams of people named Eric!! :rolleyes:

I use evil cliffhangers? :blink: This is news to me. :P

Okay, I am a postaholic. I will see what I can do. :P

Well, well, the bleeding-heart liberals seem to prevail over here *sighs*.But what really matters to me is the number of zeroes on my Cayman Islands bank account, no matter what you softies think...

So, CJames, you know what you gotta do!

:lol:

ROFL!! OK, I give! :)

I'm now officially on hiatus. It will be a long-term hiatus of indefinite duration, and the only thing I'll say is that it will end before this month (July, 2008) does.

Last night I decided to take a couple of days off of writing, but with the time pressure off, I found myself wanting to write rather than feeling I had to write. Result? Instead of tapping out my obligatory 1000 words a day, I tapped out 3000. Plus, I feel better! :)

Changing Lanes is difficult to write at first; there are a lot of story arcs, so I've had to make some changes. Due to this complexity, which often results in the need to change things around, I'd like to get ten or more chapters written before I start posting. I've got six now.

I write for fun; I don't like TV or video games so writing, and this forum, are my main recreation. :) I don't plan on taking a hiatus from writing (I enjoy writing too much; when I couldn't write for a couple of weeks due to an injured hand, I HATED it!), I'm only taking a break from chapter posting. This will let me get the story right and take the pressure off.

CJ :)

I write for fun; I don't like TV or video games so writing, and this forum, are my main recreation. :) I don't plan on taking a hiatus from writing (I enjoy writing too much; when I couldn't write for a couple of weeks due to an injured hand, I HATED it!), I'm only taking a break from chapter posting. This will let me get the story right and take the pressure off.

CJ :)

Bravo! Everyone is happy.

Rainbow.gif

Last night I decided to take a couple of days off of writing, but with the time pressure off, I found myself wanting to write rather than feeling I had to write. Result? Instead of tapping out my obligatory 1000 words a day, I tapped out 3000. Plus, I feel better! :)

I feel better too. The manor needs some roofing done, and these things don't come off cheap. 3,000 words? Perfect, keep this pace up, and I'll have some extra money for investment. I've got my eyes on a nice little company that owns a few sweatshops in Asia. Unless you've got enough skilled fellow-goats to staff a help desk for first-line support.

I think animal abuse is underrated at the moment, and earning millions from speaking/bleating animals is the next fad thing to become/ remain a millionaire! In the meantime, please do toil as crazy, this is good for my offshore account. (And who knows? I could remodel the sun room in the manor too?)

So, to take a little pressure off CJ, does anyone have some good recommendations? I'll start, I guess ...

First, any author on GA is worth checking out. https://www.gayauthors.org/authors.php

There's also some good stuff on Awesomedude, especially (imo) anything by Graeme http://awesomedude.com/graeme/ , Captain Rick's Sky's the Limit http://awesomedude.com/captain_rick/index.htm , and Ryan Keith's One Life http://ryankeith.awesomedude.com/one_life/...fe_title_ad.htm

Recent offline recommendations:

George R.R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones" series (only the first 4 books are out) is a great fantasy series (which is a genre I usually don't like), and one of the reasons I really like it is that no character is sacred - a good number of the "main" characters in the first book are dead by the end of book four. It's refreshing to read a book where the cliffhangers don't involve how someone will miraculously survive, but whether or not they'll actually die (with death being the more common result).

There's always the sci-fi stand-by "Ender's Game" series (Orson Scott Card), although the later books in the parallel Shadow series (based on Bean), like a lot of Card's recent work, start to get really political and reflect his strong conservative opinions. Also, the books in the "Speaker" set have a very different feel from "Ender's Game," and many readers only enjoy one or the other. I recommend reading the entire main sequence, and only the first Shadow book. [The books, btw, are "Ender's Game," "Speaker for the Dead," "Xenocide," "Children of the Mind;" paralleled by "Ender's Shadow," "Shadow of the Hegemon," "Shadow Puppets," "Shadow of the Giant."]

If you can find them, Jeffrey Carver is continuing his "Chaos Chronicles" series after nearly a decade layoff; books 1-3 are "Neptune Crossing," "Strange Attractors," and "The Infinite Sea." The book that took so long and caused the delay is pretty good, too: "Eternity's End." Book four of the series is currently scheduled for an October release (it was originally scheduled for release in 1998, iirc. The first three books are no longer in print, with the last one released in 1996, so they're kinda hard to find).

Oh, and if you haven't read Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," at least the book if not the series, go read it now.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..