Chance of a sequel or spin-off

Chance of Sequel? Spin-off ideas  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a sequel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too close to call
  2. 2. Ideas for a spin-off

• A Shot Of Tequilla- What happened Eric?
    • Brandon Wolfe- Secret Agent
    • Helen Rocks
    • other ideas

Well with only six chapter to go for let the music play, I just wanted to get this idea up into the open. I love your story CJ, it is fun with technical details that are very interesting and sexual details that make me feel like I want to be a rock star. The evolution of Brandon, Chase, Eric, Jon, and Helen as characters has been some of the finest.

I would love to hear more about Instinct and their next tour, maybe have more interesting things happening; like some new villainous characters with plans of global domination, some more fun in the sun or the cold, and a lot of development for brandon and chase.

If not a true sequel here are three ideas to ponder from my list of possible spin-offs:

A shot of Tequilla- What happened Eric?- The band mates go in search of their missing bassist after a night of wild partying, only to find a mystery, some sexy adventures on the way, and mysterious forces working aginst them.

Brandon Wolfe- Secret Agent- Well, it is possible, since Brandon has a good working knowledge of fire-arms, street fighting, and engineering applications. He also has a knack for flying and a pretty clever mind that works instinctually (hehe). A rockstar by day and an agent for the CIA on the side surveying the hotspots remaining undercover with his bandmates. That idea tops the Hanna Montana concept by a light year.

Helen Rocks-I think that Helen has more than one group of Rockers in her arsenal and maybe we can look into another group of young up and coming Rockers. We can get into band formation process that was never looked at in the beginning of the story and continue on with cameos from Instinct and even The Shadows.

Other ideas-Self explanatory, any one has any fun spin-off ideas or sequel ideas that could be fun.

I know CJ this thread may be a bit early, but I just hope you story does not end so soon. It has been fun and really awesome.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are all ideas that have merit. For his next story I'm hoping CJ does some sort of sequel to For the Love. There's so much potential there. Potential that CJ deliberately wrote into the story.

I can't say what or who it will be about (that would be a spoiler for the end of LTMP) but the sequel to LTMP is called Changing Lanes. It begins posting the week after the last chapter of LTMP posts.

Also, at that time, begins "Jake". Jake is the continuation of the story in my anthology entry "three for Jake". Basically, the short story becomes the prologue, and the story itself is written in third person.

A less frequent writing project will be "Skyfire", a sci-fi story, but the posting rate will be slow.

BTW, please don't make any assumptions from the title of Changing Lanes... After all, no one guessed that "Let The Music Play" was The Scar's line, regarding detonating a nuclear weapon. LoL. :)

CJ :)

I'm really surprised. I thought for sure you'd do a sequel to FTL. Will there ever be one?

That's what I was thinking. I really want one. Besides, that title seems to be more fitting for FTL anyway.

BTW, please don't make any assumptions from the title of Changing Lanes... After all, no one guessed that "Let The Music Play" was The Scar's line, regarding detonating a nuclear weapon. LoL. :)

True, we'll be waiting.

Btw w.l not to kill to roast ;)

As for FTL, just have to wait and see, about that, there could still be one.

I can't say what or who it will be about (that would be a spoiler for the end of LTMP) but the sequel to LTMP is called Changing Lanes. It begins posting the week after the last chapter of LTMP posts.

Also, at that time, begins "Jake". Jake is the continuation of the story in my anthology entry "three for Jake". Basically, the short story becomes the prologue, and the story itself is written in third person.

A less frequent writing project will be "Skyfire", a sci-fi story, but the posting rate will be slow.

Hooray!! Hats04.gifJump%20Rope.gifRainbow.gif

I do have an FTL seqel in the works, too. :)

Here's my worry;

I like working on different stories at the same time. However, I cannot maintain a weekly posting rate on more than one. Doing two, I'll be posting at least a chapter a week, but not of the same story.

I know that, as reader, i can't deal with long gaps between chapters. I forget far too much. So, I'm trying to avoid doing that to y'all.

I want to do the FTL sequel as well. I do have a little done already.

Any thoughts on how to handle this issue? One way would be to find a good stopping point for a posting break from one, then switch to another for a few consecutive chapter postings.

My advice is to work on FTL until it's complete. Then you can begin releasing chapters on a regular basis without worrying about having too much going on at once.

Also, I'd do the same thing with this other story you're working on. I personally don't want to have two concurrent stories and have to wait two weeks for an update on each one. Work on one and release chapters weekly. Work on the other one until it's complete and then start releasing chapters.

Finally, the last thing I think any of us wants is for you to get burned-out by trying to do too much all at once.

Edited by GaryInMiami
I know that, as reader, i can't deal with long gaps between chapters. I forget far too much. So, I'm trying to avoid doing that to y'all.

Any thoughts on how to handle this issue? One way would be to find a good stopping point for a posting break from one, then switch to another for a few consecutive chapter postings.

Thanks for swearing off long gaps between posting chapters. Also, thanks for spelling "y'all" correctly.

Finding a good, logical stopping point sounds good; it probably makes it more difficult for the writer to accomplish, but would be appreciated. However, please do not stop posting one story at a big old billy goat cliffhanger.

1058235724040841472S425x425Q85.jpg

• Site Administrator

What??? Nobody is going to take a stab at this :D ? Could a certain bassist who shared an intense kiss with a character from another story be involved? Changing lanes = Changing teams :P I could only hope!!

Thanks for swearing off long gaps between posting chapters. Also, thanks for spelling "y'all" correctly.

Finding a good, logical stopping point sounds good; it probably makes it more difficult for the writer to accomplish, but would be appreciated. However, please do not stop posting one story at a big old billy goat cliffhanger.

Actually that would be my concern with any of CJ's future stories. Now that he is admitted that he has written a cliffhanger, I'm kind of scared we will see more of them.

So if he had two stories going at the same time, a logical conclusion to him might be a major cliffhanger would be a good place to leave off one story and start back up the other :o !!

Remember the agony we had to endure to just find out if the boys and Helen would survive the plane accident? The forum boards lite up with guessing so we could get an early chapter release. Personally I now know more about missile guidance systems than I ever probably wanted to know :blink: .

I guess I'll have to put my trust in CJ :wacko: . I'm sure he will do a great job no matter what he decides :2thumbs: .

• Site Administrator
Here's my worry;

I like working on different stories at the same time. However, I cannot maintain a weekly posting rate on more than one. Doing two, I'll be posting at least a chapter a week, but not of the same story.

Cloning.

It's an effective technique to make key and/or important people become more productive. Cloning of goats is certainly not outside the realms of current technology. The only question is how many clones do we need? I think two. That would mean three stories a week (from the original plus the two clones).

Seriously, I can't work on more than one novel at a time. the only time I tried it, it wasn't very successful from a readers point of view (because of the gaps between chapters). You also have to consider your poor editor....

My opinion is write how you like writing, but only post one story at a time. What this means is that you'll eventually end up with a completed story, ready to go, when you've just finished posting another one. This gives you lots of slack for things like vacations, climbing cliffs, abseiling off cliffs, etc. Or, maybe working on a novel to be published, rather than posted :D

I absolutely loved Three for Jake! The style was just so captivating. It was a beautiful read. I am very excited to see what comes out in a full story.

**picks jaw up off the floor**

WOW! I had no idea there would be a sequel! How exciting!! :D

CJ, you are AWESOME!!!

I am happy to see a sequel to any of your stories. Personaly I would be happy to see one story at a time. I'm easily confused.

Just write at your own pace. It's worked well for you so far.

Cloning.

It's an effective technique to make key and/or important people become more productive. Cloning of goats is certainly not outside the realms of current technology. The only question is how many clones do we need? I think two. That would mean three stories a week (from the original plus the two clones).

Seriously, I can't work on more than one novel at a time. the only time I tried it, it wasn't very successful from a readers point of view (because of the gaps between chapters). You also have to consider your poor editor....

My opinion is write how you like writing, but only post one story at a time. What this means is that you'll eventually end up with a completed story, ready to go, when you've just finished posting another one. This gives you lots of slack for things like vacations, climbing cliffs, abseiling off cliffs, etc. Or, maybe working on a novel to be published, rather than posted :D

I actually agree. I am still fairly new, so that is why I had not really thought of finishing one first. I think I often need a side project. I think short stories count for that. I happen to enjoy writing short stories anyway. I do intend for my next novella (or novel) to be finished before I post any of it. It is much better that way. I will still post one chapter at a time though. That allows me to use an evil cliffhanger, not that I would ever take advantage of such an opportunity. Anyway, the point is that I understand why he wants to be able to have two projects at once. I can be a lot of fun. However, in my experience, one story is usually more enjoyable to write. I started Dark Earth: The Prophecy and Second Chances just days apart. Yet, I am much further along with DE:TP, because I like it more. That's why you're right about it being best to have one at a time that you actually post. :)

Well I know we're getting further off topic now, but my idea - well more like an ambition really - was to finish the sequel to my story, then begin working on another story. With two complete, I was hoping to be able to release each one on a weekly basis on different days of the week.

Anyway, I'm very very excited about a sequel for LTMP! It's good that we might not have to say goodbye to all the characters just yet :D

My advice is to work on FTL until it's complete. Then you can begin releasing chapters on a regular basis without worrying about having too much going on at once.

Also, I'd do the same thing with this other story you're working on. I personally don't want to have two concurrent stories and have to wait two weeks for an update on each one. Work on one and release chapters weekly. Work on the other one until it's complete and then start releasing chapters.

Finally, the last thing I think any of us wants is for you to get burned-out by trying to do too much all at once.

The only problem if I do it that way; it will mean I'd likly have no more chapters to post this year after LTMP finishes in a few weeks. :)

The other issue is I don't like working on just one story at a time. I find it far easier to have another to work on; that way I can work on something different when I get blocked on one.

Question; is two weeks between chapters too much?

Okay, I'll find nice, relaxing places to stop... Like the end of chapter 37?

Actually that would be my concern with any of CJ's future stories. Now that he is admitted that he has written a cliffhanger, I'm kind of scared we will see more of them.

So if he had two stories going at the same time, a logical conclusion to him might be a major cliffhanger would be a good place to leave off one story and start back up the other :o !!

Remember the agony we had to endure to just find out if the boys and Helen would survive the plane accident? The forum boards lite up with guessing so we could get an early chapter release. Personally I now know more about missile guidance systems than I ever probably wanted to know :blink: .

I guess I'll have to put my trust in CJ :wacko: . I'm sure he will do a great job no matter what he decides :2thumbs: .

Well, it's all due to my unwilling and unjust occupancy of Shadowgod's cliffhanging throne... It gives me vertigo! It keeps influencing me... So much so that I think the best place to pause a story for a few weeks or months is with a cliffhanger.. Yes, that sounds just right... Say, a little one, something not too much worse than LTMP 37, Fire in the Sky... Perfect stopping place..

But, fear not! There is an easy solution! Just return Shadowgod to his throne by popular acclaim, and all will be well.

0:)

Cloning.

ROFL!!! Well, the cloning idea sounds good!!! :)

As a practical matter, I'm a slow writer and I also don't have a lot of time to write. I can barely keep up with a chapter-a-week schedule. While I'd love to be able to post two chapters a week, I just can't.

One varient on your idea could be... make my main effort on one, but keep a second to work on at a slower pace, and hold the second one until done. That might mean ten day gaps between postings, though.

CJ, you are AWESOME!!!

I am happy to see a sequel to any of your stories. Personaly I would be happy to see one story at a time. I'm easily confused.

Just write at your own pace. It's worked well for you so far.

Thank you!!! :)

I actually agree. I am still fairly new, so that is why I had not really thought of finishing one first. I think I often need a side project. I think short stories count for that. I happen to enjoy writing short stories anyway. I do intend for my next novella (or novel) to be finished before I post any of it. It is much better that way. I will still post one chapter at a time though. That allows me to use an evil cliffhanger, not that I would ever take advantage of such an opportunity. Anyway, the point is that I understand why he wants to be able to have two projects at once. I can be a lot of fun. However, in my experience, one story is usually more enjoyable to write. I started Dark Earth: The Prophecy and Second Chances just days apart. Yet, I am much further along with DE:TP, because I like it more. That's why you're right about it being best to have one at a time that you actually post. :)

Good points! I'd definitly like to have more than one. In fact, for the last month I've been spending a little time working on the three new stories; it's handy when I'm blocked on LTMP.

Cj you left out the rest of the title! You know we have talked about Changing Lanes in Full Force

Thanks for telling us about the sequel; hopefully, we will get know Joe Clump or Lump a little more in that story. If I had to put money on it; he still has a lot of issues to deal with; a bit of homophobia does stem from not being able to accept homosexual desires within yourself and I get the feeling Lump might just be unhappily in denial as well as the whole issue revolving around his mother's murder by......(silent whisper, "his father").

I also feel like you could explore the band dynamic wise; The Shadows could be explored a little more, too; including the relationship of Wilde and Steve. Here is a plea from not just one fan, please give Eric a relationship with someone, preferably Cody, and tons of Tequilla for his wild adventures!

I also feel like you could explore the band dynamic wise; The Shadows could be explored a little more, too; including the relationship of Wilde and Steve. Here is a plea from not just one fan, please give Eric a relationship with someone, preferably Cody, and tons of Tequilla for his wild adventures!

:worship: thats all I have to say :P

CJ, yes, two weeks between chapters is way too long. It's hard enough to go one week between chapters. So what if it means we don't get to see a new story from you immediately. Maybe people will use that time to read some of the other great stories on GA. I mean, take Jack from example. He won't be posting anything new until the winter. When he does start posting it will have been well worth the wait. I know we all want to see non-stop stories from you. But come on, at some point you need to take a break or at least not feel the pressure of having to write something in time for a weekly release.

Steve, how about you give Cody a relationship with somebody? I think we've been waiting on a new chapter from you for so long your story can be considered abandoned. I don't intend that to sound mean. Just full of disappointment from a huge fan. ;)

Steve, how about you give Cody a relationship with somebody? I think we've been waiting on a new chapter from you for so long your story can be considered abandoned. I don't intend that to sound mean. Just full of disappointment from a huge fan. ;)

Eric qualifies as somebody no? as far as things being qualified as abandoned... I doubt six weeks qualifies as being abandoned. Six months I would capitulate to that statement. Fear not though. the chapter is 95% finished and should be off to beta and all that good stuff by tomorrow night ( sorry folks maths problem sets come first!)

Steve

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..