[DomLuka] Better late than never?

Okay, so I've been a lurker for a while now, but I figured it was pointless to introduce myself and declare myself a Domaholic, since Dom seems to have gone AWOL. But what the heck, I might as well.

I got hooked after reading "The Ordinary Us" (prob. still my favourite Dom story). Then I read "The Log Way" and fell completely in love with both Owen and Aidan. And then started "In The Fish Bowl" and found myself screaming noooooooooo at the end of the first chapter.

Unfortunately, it was only after reading all the published chapters of ITFB and getting more and more hooked that I discovered that not only was it unfinished but the author had basically disappeared. Ack! That's like perpetual purgatory. Not cool.

I went back and read some of Dom's other stories in the interim, including "Desert Dropping". But I came back to ITFB and read it again and I'm still dying to know what happens. It goes beyond wanting my favourite Dom-land couple to get back together, at this point. It's more the fact that it was truly a joy to read ITFB and see how much Dom's writing has matured. Maybe because I read the stories so close together, so I was able to see the contrast. But ITFB, in my opinion, takes Dom's talent to a whole new level.

So it looks like Dom's gone with no sign of coming back anytime soon. And I've been reading other stuff to pass the time. But you know that if a new chapter ever gets posted up, I'll be rushing back.

So, um, hi, fellow Domaholics. Hope you don't mind if I join the party a little late. Hey, better late than never, right?

Okay, so I've been a lurker for a while now, but I figured it was pointless to introduce myself and declare myself a Domaholic, since Dom seems to have gone AWOL. But what the heck, I might as well.

I got hooked after reading "The Ordinary Us" (prob. still my favourite Dom story). Then I read "The Log Way" and fell completely in love with both Owen and Aidan. And then started "In The Fish Bowl" and found myself screaming noooooooooo at the end of the first chapter.

Unfortunately, it was only after reading all the published chapters of ITFB and getting more and more hooked that I discovered that not only was it unfinished but the author had basically disappeared. Ack! That's like perpetual purgatory. Not cool.

I went back and read some of Dom's other stories in the interim, including "Desert Dropping". But I came back to ITFB and read it again and I'm still dying to know what happens. It goes beyond wanting my favourite Dom-land couple to get back together, at this point. It's more the fact that it was truly a joy to read ITFB and see how much Dom's writing has matured. Maybe because I read the stories so close together, so I was able to see the contrast. But ITFB, in my opinion, takes Dom's talent to a whole new level.

So it looks like Dom's gone with no sign of coming back anytime soon. And I've been reading other stuff to pass the time. But you know that if a new chapter ever gets posted up, I'll be rushing back.

So, um, hi, fellow Domaholics. Hope you don't mind if I join the party a little late. Hey, better late than never, right?

B) .......Another victim of Dom's Syndrome, I'm glad I never started ITFB! :P

Welcome, fellow Domaholic. It's been a long dry spell between chapter 20 and chapter 21 of ITFB. You might be interested in the Roll Call and Just Wondering forum threads if you haven't already read them.

B) .......Another victim of Dom's Syndrome, I'm glad I never started ITFB! :P

Haven't started ITFB? You must have a lot of willpower. Or, do you make it a policy to never read unfinished stories? When Dom does resume ITFB, I will go back and start with chapter 1. I have already reread TLW while waiting for ITFB 21.

Welcome, fellow Domaholic. It's been a long dry spell between chapter 20 and chapter 21 of ITFB. You might be interested in the Roll Call and Just Wondering forum threads if you haven't already read them.

Oh I have, thanks. And thanks for the welcome. I'm starting to realize that this "dry spell" might be permanent, but I still hold out hope.

Oh I have, thanks. And thanks for the welcome. I'm starting to realize that this "dry spell" might be permanent, but I still hold out hope.

You're in good company. Many of us are still holding out hope...it's the only thing we have left :wacko: .

Take Care®,

Vic