Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

The Twelve Goats of Christmas

• Site Administrator

As many of you are aware, we've been getting ready to post the 2008 Summer Anthology. This is arduous work 0:) and entails many heated discussions. :wacko:

One of those discussions led into the subject of the themes for next year's anthologies. C James said we shouldn't ask him to pick the anthology themes for next year, because he'd pick things like The 12 Goats of Christmas.

Steph and I immediately started working on an entry, just in case that does end up as an anthology theme. We'd like your opinion on it. I started with:

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Goat roasted with plain gravy.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Barbecue Goat with baked potatoes.

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Goat filet mignon.

Steph suggested an alternative, starting with:

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a Goat nibbling on the fake tree.

After a bit of effort (naturally, this took priority over doing anything for the anthology), we came up with:

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

Twelve cliffs a-hanging

Eleven evil endings

Ten villains laughing

Nine plots a-twisting

Eight bikes a-crashing

Seven Goats a-roasting

Six shadows lurking

Five Mushroom Clouds!

Four mines collapsing

Three red herrings

Two lovers dying

And a Goat nibbling on the fake tree.

We think it could do with some more improvement, though. Any suggestions?

As many of you are aware, we've been getting ready to post the 2008 Summer Anthology. This is arduous work 0:) and entails many heated discussions. :wacko:

One of those discussions led into the subject of the themes for next year's anthologies. C James said we shouldn't ask him to pick the anthology themes for next year, because he'd pick things like The 12 Goats of Christmas.

Steph and I immediately started working on an entry, just in case that does end up as an anthology theme. We'd like your opinion on it. I started with:

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Goat roasted with plain gravy.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Barbecue Goat with baked potatoes.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a Goat nibbling on the fake tree.

After a bit of effort (naturally, this took priority over doing anything for the anthology), we came up with:

Twelve cliffs a-hanging

Eleven evil endings

Ten villains laughing

Nine plots a-twisting

Eight bikes a-crashing

Seven Goats a-roasting

Six shadows lurking

Five Mushroom Clouds!

Four mines collapsing

Three red herrings

Two lovers dying

B) .........Perfect I love it!! (could of had a pin cushion it somewhere)

Twelve cliffs a-hanging

Eleven evil endings

Ten villains laughing

Nine plots a-twisting

Eight bikes a-crashing

Seven Goats a-roasting

Six shadows lurking

Five Mushroom Clouds!

Four mines collapsing

Three red herrings

Two lovers dying

I loved this!!! :)

But, I must point out, that is has far more to do with Shadowgod then me. Bikes-a-crashing? Shadowgod... Shadows lurking? Shadowgod... Twelve cliffs a-hanging, Eleven evil endings, Ten villains laughing, Nine plots a-twisting... Yep, Shadowgod!!

0:)

• Site Administrator

If someone would like to suggest alternatives for "Eight bikes a-crashing", I'm happy to listen :) Some of the other ones are pretty weak, too, and could do with replacement.

If someone would like to suggest alternatives for "Eight bikes a-crashing", I'm happy to listen :) Some of the other ones are pretty weak, too, and could do with replacement.

hey, I think bikes a-crashing was appropriate! I mean, CJ is now obsessed w/ bikes crashing! He said it himself!

• Site Administrator
lest we forget poor blackheart going over the cliff in FTL???

That's what I was thinking of when I did that line :)

hey, I think bikes a-crashing was appropriate! I mean, CJ is now obsessed w/ bikes crashing! He said it himself!

Well, yes! Motorcycles are forever seared in my memory due to their role in the Mother of All Cliffhangers, LiS 26!

lest we forget poor blackheart going over the cliff in FTL???

Sounds like CJ to me

Blackheart went over that cliff in FTL just a couple of days after LiS 26. That FTL scene featured, not coincidentally, the same model of motorcycle as LiS 26. I almost entitled it "Jacob's Revenge". :P So therefor, that scene was indeed caused by you. :P

".

That's what I was thinking of when I did that line :)

LoL!!

I love this! I'll be resurrecting this thread at Christmass, too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
Hrmmm, Bikes-a-crashing... That's now been in LTMP. So too was a certain cave-in. Seems to be working it's way down the list. :)

When do we get to the seven goats a-roasting? I'm hungry.

We could use an excuse that we don't know if Steve will survive. and then eat him 0:)

:( .......I'm afraid Steve was one of the sacrifices...the other being Dimitri! We still need six-Shadows lurking. The band only had 4 right?

:( .......I'm afraid Steve was one of the sacrifices...the other being Dimitri! We still need six-Shadows lurking. The band only had 4 right?

:( if Steve is died RIP. :hugs: Wilde

Lets just cook them now

• Site Administrator
:( if Steve is died RIP. :hugs: Wilde

Lets just cook them now

If Steve is dead, will Wilde survive? Is CJ mean enough to seperate the two?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..