Let the Music Play, Chapter 44

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Great Chapter CJ :great:

Thanks

I glad that everything is well in Telluride :P .

I will wait a while before posting some thoughts though.

Just thought I'd mention the ending, a stand off about to happen at an abandoned mine entrance. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? :D

Steve B)

Two cliffhangers in a row... though I suspected it would be. Well, at least Eric is not dead. Still, he is injured, and that means there's still a price to pay!

Speaking of which, CJ has been even more cruel to poor Chase. He's been kidnapped by a psychopath. The tactic with the phone is such a typical one, but it was nicely done. Great chapter, you EEEVIL goat. :P

Edited by Tiger

Wow... I can't believe what happened! :blink:

Eric's ok (kinda) and Helen might live to torture Eric another day.

The Air Force is kinda lacking on their part (thats why if I ever have to go into hiding, I rather have some Marines protecting my butt :P )

Как всегда CJames, ваше злейшая козочка но изумительный автор (As always CJames your an evil goat but an amazing author!)

*Figured I'd add a little Ruskie flavor in honour of the title

Speaking of which, CJ has been even more cruel to poor Brandon. He's been kidnapped by a psychopath.

Er, Timmy. Chase is the one who's been kidnapped. poke-poke.gif

Speaking of cliffhangers, this time we had a cliff-faller. SUV going over the cliff. And just look at how much thought CJ has put into this story by letting us know way back when that The Shadows were into rock climbing. Until now it's just been for fun. Now it'll really serve a purpose.

I find it implausible the AF guy didn't hear all the commotion at the ranch.

As much as I hate TheBitch

Isn't one of the teams looking for the nuke in New York?

I think Helen might die, still I would love to really see that dimitri realizes, that the whole band is still alive, and he's gonna die :devil:

Wow... I can't believe what happened! :blink:

Eric's ok (kinda) and Helen might live to torture Eric another day.

The Air Force is kinda lacking on their part (thats why if I ever have to go into hiding, I rather have some Marines protecting my butt :P )

Как всегда CJames, ваше злейшая козочка но изумительный автор (As always CJames your an evil goat but an amazing author!)

*Figured I'd add a little Ruskie flavor in honour of the title

B) ..........Aha, I did mention the 'quality' of the Air Force as protectors a while back. The Air Force has been inept through out this story, reminds me of elevator background music playing while the elevator is falling. Another mine?? (FTL) The story is close to ending when a mine comes into play.

Dimitri knows he is trapped and will die, I doubt he will use the AK-47 for anything more than luring Brandon into the mine. Then he will go for hand to hand with his knife, greatly underestimating Brandons' fighting skills...it will Dimitri whose eyes will dim and fade when Brandon plunges the knife!!

Oops, I fixed it, but he was cruel to Brandon as well. I mean... the love of his life was kidnapped. Only the goat is capable of such evil as far as I know. :ph34r:

CJames is not only treating hic characters badly, but us readers as well. Cliffhangers over cliffhangers, false announcements about later publishing, absolutely mean "sneek previews". Booooh ! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

If he wouldnt be such an execptional author, i would not talk to him anymore after this :P

But well, this was just another excellent chapter ! :worship::worship: And maybe he will even spare Helen (although it doesn't look good at all, and i fear the worst). Good move on Chase not telling the truth... that saved his life - at least for now. Now I just hope they can finally kill Dimitri without wounding or losing more of our friends....

Ohhh the tension.. another week to wait.

Maybe I should think about not to read CJames next sequel before it is completely posted...

:P

But well, this was just another excellent chapter ! :worship::worship: And maybe he will even spare Helen (although it doesn't look good at all, and i fear the worst). Good move on Chase not telling the truth... that saved his life - at least for now. Now I just hope they can finally kill Dimitri without wounding or losing more of our friends....

Ohhh the tension.. another week to wait.

Maybe I should think about not to read CJames next sequel before it is completely posted...

B) ...........Don't do that, how else can we roast a goat without all of the support we derive weekly from his painful cliffhangers. Weekly fixes for both the reader and the diabolical evil cliffwriting goat are a must, gotta have my fix.

• Site Moderator

Ten of us had voted that it was too soon to tell and it looks like we were correct. This chapter kept me riveted to my desk while I read this, tho I did have to hide it quickly once or twice. Couldn't get much work done due to some server problems.

Besides hanging around cliffs, has anyone else noticed that CJ likes to hang around in mine shafts also? This is what, the fourth time in just this story.

Great read CJ.

I really like the chapter and can not wait to see that scumbag finally get his!

Poor Chase & Brandon, after everything is done and settled those two should just come out and get married. California has made it legal at least for now, go boys and do it.

As for our Bassist and the remainder of the band,

Eric nearly died, he needs to get his priorities straighten sooner or later and find some one more than a one night stand. I think if Helen and Jon heals, it should be fine.

Jan, that could be something to do with the goat in his real life. As authors, we often leave pieces of ourselves in our stories. This is probably an example of that. :)

Now, I must say that I disagree with YaP. I happen to like serials, and there is no way I would want to wait to read it, because his stories are too much fun to read, including the evil cliffhangers. When there was an evil cliffhanger in Chapter 19, I defended its usage while others were angry. :P

I really like the chapter and can not wait to see that scumbag finally get his!

Poor Chase & Brandon, after everything is done and settled those two should just come out and get married. California has made it legal at least for now, go boys and do it.

B) ...........I can see the goat walking them down the isle.

The one thing that bothers me through this whole thing is the lack of body armor. Personally if my life was in danger from assassins I'd be wearing the stuff. It appears that none of the protectees were.

You are right the Air-Force is being inept. As soon as I heard that this group was being attacked for thier knowledge, even if they didn't want them, there would be snipers in the hills. What they don't know can't hurt me right?

Edited by glimsong
The one thing that bothers me through this whole thing is the lack of body armor. Personally if my life was in danger from assassins I'd be wearing the stuff. It appears that none of the protectees were.

You are right the Air-Force is being inept. As soon as I heard that this group was being attacked for thier knowledge, even if they didn't want them, there would be snipers in the hills. What they don't know can't hurt me right?

I don't know how effective body armor would be. They know there has been 2 attempts on their lives. in the first attack the armor would have only added weight, the second well. The second didn't proceed far enough to determine the threat. Additionally I liken Instincts current protection status to a bunch of chickens running around. Sure we, as readers, have all the information. however that information is disseminated between three groups in the narrative. To further complicate the matter the three are not sharing information and are more apt to be fighting amongst each other then to pro actively protect the band.

That said, body armor will do little to stave off a head shot, and only certain types of bullet proof vests can withstand punctures from a knife.

B) ........Exactly!! The group has linked Jerry/Scar to the nuke detonation in Australia to the Air Force, the US is being black mailed by Scar, and our esteemed General leaves them unguarded (by the military) when National Security is at stake? Of course if they were being guarded by the military Dimitri would have simply left.

Regarding the Yap/ Tiger discussion about serials, I must say I really like it this way. It's a feature of popular literature to have serials and cliffhangers, and from the interaction with readers this creates, this compares to the 19th century's writers and the mail they got. Conan Doyle had to revive Sherlock Holmes whom he had killed because of the readers' pressure. We can get our way if CJ actually kills Helen. Readers of CJ's stories, unite and take over!

Regarding the Yap/ Tiger discussion about serials, I must say I really like it this way. It's a feature of popular literature to have serials and cliffhangers, and from the interaction with readers this creates, this compares to the 19th century's writers and the mail they got. Conan Doyle had to revive Sherlock Holmes whom he had killed because of the readers' pressure. We can get our way if CJ actually kills Helen. Readers of CJ's stories, unite and take over!

but SPiCH just doesn't have the same ring.... :P

I wonder what other acronym we can come up with that ends in CH

:lol:

but SPiCH just doesn't have the same ring.... :P

I wonder what other acronym we can come up with that ends in CH

:lol:

:( .........Sorry, I think it is too late to save Helen, besides some of the 'readers' almost demanded her death, seems she is more misunderstood than Jerry was. 0:) But it would have been fun to have found an acronym to save her.

People like Helen never die. They just go on living. It's simply a matter of will.

I think it would have been far more exciting had the band's manager been male...perhaps even a gay man. :D

There would have been more pool parties! B):wub:

I'm preparing myself for the climax! :P

Superb chapter, CJ, as always. :worship::worship:

Conner

People like Helen never die. They just go on living. It's simply a matter of will.

I think it would have been far more exciting had the band's manager been male...perhaps even a gay man. :D

There would have been more pool parties! B):wub:

I'm preparing myself for the climax! :P

Superb chapter, CJ, as always. :worship::worship:

Conner

:o .......Hey Conner, long time!! Nah, Helen was the perfect character as the manager of the rock group. But please continue, didn't mean to interrupt!!

:o .......Hey Conner, long time!! Nah, Helen was the perfect character as the manager of the rock group. But please continue, didn't mean to interrupt!!

Ben, the key word in Conner's statement was "the" not "a". poke-poke.gif

Conner, if the author has no morals, and the bribe is sufficient, he can be induced to kill any character. That said, CJ was insulted at the amount of money I offered him. :( Meh, I didn't think TheBitch

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..