Happy Birthday Canada

• Site Administrator

Happy Birthday Canada !!!!!

As I was able to get on line for a bit to read the news and catch up, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow Canadians here and abroad a very Happy Canada Day.

Yes there is a lot to criticize, critique, complain, and debate about in our country, but it is what makes us a great country.

So this July 1ST let's all celebrate the forming of Canada 141 years ago, and have a great time and an awesome day.

Steve B)

Happy Canada day to every canadian here on GA!!!!

Today in 1867 came into effect the Constitution Act (which was then called the British North America Act) that created the Dominion of Canada. Also this year marks the arrival of the first settlers in the city of Quebec 400 years ago.

Today in 1867 came into effect the Constitution Act (which was then called the British North America Act) that created the Dominion of Canada. Also this year marks the arrival of the first settlers in the city of Quebec 400 years ago.

B).........Well Happy Birthday to all our Canadian friends!!

Happy Canada Day! Are ya going to dress up as John MacDonald? :P .

I never heard of a member called Canada. Who's he? I mean, there's this country somewhere in North America that Jack Frost describes at great length, and a guy called French Canadian... Is there some kind of connection?

Happy Canada Day! Are ya going to dress up as John MacDonald? :P .

Yes, John A. MacDonald, Canada's first Prime Minister. He's dead, though, so I won't be dressing up as John A. Besides, he's a Scotsman.....I'd have to wear a kilt.

How about Celine Dion? :P

I never heard of a member called Canada. Who's he? I mean, there's this country somewhere in North America that Jack Frost describes at great length, and a guy called French Canadian... Is there some kind of connection?

Yes, there is. :P

J'espere que La France nous souhait une belle fete!

Conner

Ya,, william Shatner would be a good idea,,, after all he's a distinguish fellow montrealer :P I would take up the offer of the Celine Dion outfit,,, but I'm not really into transgender.... :P and my boyfriend just prohibited me... lol

But we did go to the old port of montreal yesterday and got ourself a very tasteful piece of cake sporting the national colour. Also, Jason and me saw someone walking past us that looked incredibly like Justin Trudeau (the son of the most distinguished late prime minister).

Yes Canada was a happy one. At work my crappy $10 a hr job turned into a $15 a hour job! WOOT!. I watched a bit of tv that day on the 400 years for Quebec. Since im a half breed Quebecios :) Colorful cake i ate some muffins that had little maple leafs on them. The Old Port. When i went to quebec we never had the chance to go around it was pretty much drive here say Bonjour to some relative drive to another 1. If i ever go back to Quebec i plan to take a week and just to things by myself before i even bother calling any relatives saying Bonjour!.

Oh and i took lots of pictures of the fireworks LOL and ran all the way up the hill doing so running and taking pictures same times. Im in the ga chat and im like Hey Fireworks and just left my comp on grabbed camera and my house keys didnt even put on shoes!! lol

I know I am late. But as a soon-to-be Canadian, I wish you all had a great Canada Day.

Despite some sympathies for Quebec's woes, I still think Canada is a great and beautiful country and I'm still honored to have the chance to experience it. Thanks. :D

BONNE F