June 27, 2007 -- 12:12am

steph

Every now and again, I look at the board stats listed at the bottom of the main forum page, and every time, I'm curious about this stat...

Most users ever online was 449 on June 27 2007, 12:12 AM

So, what the heck happened on June 27, 2007 at 12:12am that had 449 users surfing the GA forum? :blink:

Every now and again, I look at the board stats listed at the bottom of the main forum page, and every time, I'm curious about this stat...

Most users ever online was 449 on June 27 2007, 12:12 AM

So, what the heck happened on June 27, 2007 at 12:12am that had 449 users surfing the GA forum? :blink:

Wasn't that the night that we had a sexy party? :funny:

Isn't that when Dom finished up Desert Droppings?

doesn't look like it... the file date for the last chapter was 3/8/06. BUT! the file date for the most recent chapter of ITFB is 6/18/07... coincidence that a surge of visitors happened 9 days later?

It can't be me. I'm pretty sure that the Beast in a thong is a sign of the apocalypse.

I can name a few guys here who could fit quite well into thongs... :ph34r:

Name it, I want to hear it, lol... Not me, I can't fit a thong but I can fit a short...

hey, this is MY post, so I can say... :off:

*grumble, grumble*

It could've been just a lot of Hosted Authors posting a chapter? Maybe Com, Dom, and etc. Or it could've been when an Anthology was posted.. lol. I went away right after that I think? Or a combination of the two.

It could all be summed up to just plain boredom, lol.

I wasn't around at that time, so I was not one of the people on the boards. That does sound amazing. Imagine if we had that many on a regular basis. That would be wonderful. :)

Maybe back in that hayday it was just because I was around? :huh: lol

B) .........I was around and posting on that day, I don't recall what was 'distinctly significant' about that time or day though.

Sorry to say, but there wasn't really anything that made the day eventfull.

From what I recall, Dom, Dan, Little Budda, James Nicholas, and a few other authors had been posting new chapters fairly frequently for a few months.

I do remember darned near living in front of my computer for almost a month waiting for story updates :P

hugs,

Tom

• Site Moderator

It was probably a combination of members and guests online that night. Some of those guests could have been spyders just checking out the site. I know that google, msn, and yahoo are always visiting my site. I've also noticed, at times at my site, several of the guests will have the same ip address so it could be spammers trying to cause problems. It's because of those spammers that guests have to join in order to post something.

It was probably a combination of members and guests online that night. Some of those guests could have been spyders just checking out the site. I know that google, msn, and yahoo are always visiting my site. I've also noticed, at times at my site, several of the guests will have the same ip address so it could be spammers trying to cause problems. It's because of those spammers that guests have to join in order to post something.

I agree with you. Most of them are spammers or bots. :)

Awww, now we're just being negative assuming it was a bunch of spammers and bots!

I just reviewed my blog archive, which is always a good way for me to recall approximately what I was doing at that time, and it seems that it was during one of my extended hiatuses from the site (my most recent long-term one in fact, I dropped out of sight briefly again in the later months of 07, but not as much). So regrettably it seems I wasn't one of those users either.

Awww, now we're just being negative assuming it was a bunch of spammers and bots!

I just reviewed my blog archive, which is always a good way for me to recall approximately what I was doing at that time, and it seems that it was during one of my extended hiatuses from the site (my most recent long-term one in fact, I dropped out of sight briefly again in the later months of 07, but not as much). So regrettably it seems I wasn't one of those users either.

Well, it was Summer Holidays for me...and I was my usual posting self....so.... I would have been present, but I do not remember what happened to attract so many users... *Shrugs*

"Why is this night different from all other nights?"

Seems like that question has been asked somewhere before.

Since that time appears to have been 3:12 am EDT, I was probably asleep.

"Why is this night different from all other nights?"

Seems like that question has been asked somewhere before.

Since that time appears to have been 3:12 am EDT, I was probably asleep.

B) .............LOL, like every year?