Standing in line....

Kurt

So right now I am standing in line at the mall out side of At&t. I have been here for an hour I have atleast that much of a wait still remaining. I am waiting to buy the new iPhone 3G. (I am typing this on the iPhone I have now. I am number 40 in line and there are about 50 people behind me. I dont even know if they have enough phones for me to get one.

I may have lost my mind...

Kurt

that's why I online shop...

And, you've not... "completely" lost your mind, I've stood in line for concert tickets FOR MY MOTHER! That's losing a mind.. lol.

Good luck though, I hope you get one!! Be brave and "hold your ground!" lol.

So right now I am standing in line at the mall out side of At&t. I have been here for an hour I have atleast that much of a wait still remaining. I am waiting to buy the new iPhone 3G. (I am typing this on the iPhone I have now. I am number 40 in line and there are about 50 people behind me. I dont even know if they have enough phones for me to get one.

I may have lost my mind...

Kurt

B) ........We will keep an eye out for your missing mind, I'm sure you will get one!!

Well, I got my phone! Yay! Sttod in line for 2 and a half hours... not too bad. It was kinda fun. Got to sit and talk to different people. I had a good time.

Talking about lines, I had to wait for three hours to get my railway ticket reserved, once....

We Indians have got used to waiting in lines, or paying our way through...Sigh! How unfortunate is that?

BeaStKid

Talking about lines, I had to wait for three hours to get my railway ticket reserved, once....

We Indians have got used to waiting in lines, or paying our way through...Sigh! How unfortunate is that?

BeaStKid

:( .....Can't do it online?

Well, I got my phone! Yay! Sttod in line for 2 and a half hours... not too bad. It was kinda fun. Got to sit and talk to different people. I had a good time.

Congrats Kurt!!! First the Ink & now an iPhone :D

People in my town had camped out overnight to get theirs :wacko:

Edited by NaperVic

You have definitely lost your mind... why on earth would you want an iPhone?? :P

I'm waiting for the LG Voyager to come down in price more... right now it's $200 with a new contract and I could probably get it for $150 when my contract ends, but that won't be until next July. By then they might have a new version out, ditching the old one and I'd have to wait for THAT one to come down in price... oy vey. Sorry, I just can't justify spending several hundred dollars on a phone... I spent $100 on my LG enV last September, and I think even that was outrageous.

LOL, well personally speaking I can't fathom waiting in line for anything that's new. My general attitude is "it'll be there in a week and I've lived this long without it."

Of course technology isn't my thing anyway. The person at the AT&T store practically made me get a bluetooth headset to go with my phone. That was approaching a year ago, I've had two other phones since then (I think it'd be compatible though, but don't really know), and I haven't even tried to use it once. I only use new technology when I have to; I almost never get excited about it.

But as I said, the waiting in line just because something's just come out isn't confined to technology at all. I would be very disinclined to do it with anything. Like I don't go to movies on opening night unless my friends insist, because honestly I'd just as soon wait a week or so and go when it won't be packed and I can show up a few minutes before it starts and not worry about the tickets being sold out or having a crummy seat.

However, I'm happy and excited for you, Kurt! :)

Take care and enjoy your new toy!

-Kevin

Like I don't go to movies on opening night unless my friends insist, because honestly I'd just as soon wait a week or so and go when it won't be packed and I can show up a few minutes before it starts and not worry about the tickets being sold out or having a crummy seat.

Or worse, you might have to sit next to a stranger :unsure:

well at least you got the phone. I waited 1hr in line at christmas time to buy my dads gf/my aunt emily a cd. (it was dads money so im not complaining but 1hr) Johnny Reid. We played that cd the whole damn night lol.

Concert tickets im waiting for my mother to call up and reserve some Sheryl Crow tickets for September. I cant talk to people on the phone i get all nervous and stuff so im like MOM!!!. Hell i have to get her to order clothes from catalogues for me.

yay, you got it! here in canada, if you want to have the iphone, you have to buy it in the cell carrier store (the apple stores doesn't sell it) but don't you worry friday there was just as much waiting line. tho, you could simply go in a roger or fido (the carrier that has it) in smaller area, and the waiting line was cut by a lot.

I would wait or buy it online.

Usually for things like that, I'm more the"buying online" type. That's what I've done for every concert/sport events that I had tickets to. it's all much faster and easier...

You have definitely lost your mind... why on earth would you want an iPhone?? :P

Like Steve Job said in his keynote when he first announce the iPhone .... "I'm presenting 3 revolutionary products, a revolutionary iPod with touch control, a mobile phone and a internet communication devise! an ipod, a phone, an internet communicator. An iPod, a Phone! are you getting it!?!"

MW2007 keynote

:P :P :D