[dkstories] Vote for President

Presidential Election  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Select who you would vote for:

• John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Dan Kirk

Wait wait wait.... are you sure you want to vote for dkstories?

The guy's got a wolverine's temper... we'd have the american 'family' association, focus on the family, the 700 club and westboro baptists rounded up and deposited in... umm... Canada, within a week.

Well.... I guess that wouldn't be so bad

:ph34r:

Does this mean I have to make a campaign statement?

No, despite the rumors I will not round up the AFA, FoF, or the 700 club folks and send them to Canada. Simply removing their tax exempt status and using those new tax funds to help balance the budget would be my goal.

Pressing matters of the day: Iraq. My message is quite simple. Iraq, you've had five years to get your act together. You've got another year and a half to finish the job. After that, our troops are gone from your country and you can sink or swim on your own mertis. Oh, and pay for your own damn rebuilding. We've got bridges falling apart here in the United States and I want to use OUR money to fix OUR bridges.

Georgia: The current administration is full of incompetent idiots, but the democratically elected government of Georgia has acted in good faith with regards to their agreements with the United States. We have an obligation to support them. The two breakaway regions are artificial creations by Russian-born immigrants to the area. As long as genocide isn't committed against them, they can decide to stay there or leave back to Russia. So far they've been armed and supported by Russia, seeking more territory. Russia can back off, remove its troops from Georgia or it will face an air and sea war that it cannot win.

Georgia will behave itself afterwards in regards to how it treats the people of these two regions, or they'll find themselves standing on their own without us supporting them.

The Economy: A little bit of greed is good. Uncontrolled, unmonitored greed like we've seen the last eight years is bad. A Kirk Administration will NOT be filled with incompetents like the current Administration. Real people, with real expertise will fill those spots whose primary interest is going to be safeguarding the American people. That's right, the US government is there to serve and protect the people of the United States. We will monitor the financial institutions of our country and make sure they play fair and by the rules. As long as they do that, that will be ALL we do (except collecting taxes of course). Screw over the American people, and those responsible will end up in jail.

Energy: Folks, you might not like hearing this but Oil is the old way. It's a finite commodity that will run out eventually. We need to look at other sources of energy and move with them. That means research into altenative technology to move our vehicles. It also means working with folks like T. Boone Pickens at generating energy through alternative means in a quick, safe, and sane way. Oh, and I know someone's going to bring up nuclear energy.

Do you want nuclear plants built in your state? Okay. You can have them on ONE condition. YOU must store the radioactive waste from those new plants in YOUR state, permanently. No shipping your radioactive waste to other states. You store it where if something goes wrong, YOU die, not the people in another state and you can have all the nuclear power plants you want.

Happy?

LAWL... Just for that I think I might write DK in... HAHA!

In other news, I might also send this post to Michaelangelo Singorlie (prolly spelled his name wrong) from Sirius OutQ (hes their political news analist/talk host.)

:) He'll love this.

Don't forget my position on offshore drilling?

Folks in the heartland don't get to decide if folks in Florida have rigs off their shore. Florida gets to decide.

Oh, and if there's a spill, Florida gets to pay for it without a single penny from the other people in the country. Let's have some personal responsibility here.

• Site Administrator

Heck, I'd vote for you if I could, just based on the fact you wouldn't send the right wing fundies up here :P .

Wait, I can vote in this election. Hopefully it doesn't mean this vote will be overturned by the Supreme Court for voting irregularities :D

Folks in the heartland don't get to decide if folks in Florida have rigs off their shore. Florida gets to decide.

Oh, and if there's a spill, Florida gets to pay for it without a single penny from the other people in the country. Let's have some personal responsibility here.

I love that idea! I think the federal government has too much power for energy production, and quite frankly it should be up to the states to pay for the costs and to drill if they want to do so. Why aren't you running? :P

• Site Moderator
Do you want nuclear plants built in your state? Okay. You can have them on ONE condition. YOU must store the radioactive waste from those new plants in YOUR state, permanently. No shipping your radioactive waste to other states. You store it where if something goes wrong, YOU die, not the people in another state and you can have all the nuclear power plants you want.

Been there, done that. I've got one in my back yard, so to speak. I live within 10 miles of the Limerick Nuclear Power Plant. The sad thing about it, the area doesn't benefit from it. The power gets sent to out of state.

Just read through everything and what comes to mind is that geeky guy Urkel: Did I do that?

Amen brother!

Well... offshore drilling has next to no support here so that wouldn't be much of an issue :P

Florida's actually much more interested in ethanol-based fuel.

Maybe the state is going to get into ethanol production - especially with the governor