[J. Ross] In Due Time

When is the next chapter going to come out lol I have been waiting for months! and I am a patient person :P so I don't usually bug about the chapters but it's such a cliff hanger

When is the next chapter going to come out lol I have been waiting for months! and I am a patient person :P so I don't usually bug about the chapters but it's such a cliff hanger

• 1 month later...

Just finished reading chapter 17 I love this story! I love how thing kind of develop or rather unfolds over time! Grate work!;~}thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by Douw
  • 1 month later...

Hey when is the next chapter coming out! I'm like so bored waiting for it! :sleep: It feels like all the stories Im reading are on hold for the authors! :pissed: Please More Chapters! :,(

Just wanted to say this story has captured my heart. When it is finished, I will be here patiently waiting to read thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The emotions are very real and I love Jake's stream-of-consciousness style of narration. I do find that the chapters can be a bit long. I think it's awesome to give your readers a lot to engage with when they're so excited for the next installment, but for pacing and narrative flow shorter chapters would probably be better. It feels as though the story right now could either end in a chapter or go on for another seventeen, all depending on how thoroughly you want to explore the coming out story. I hope it ends up being as long as it needs to be, not dragged out simply because you're too in love with the characters to let them go nor cut off because real life has created too many time constraints. If I were to recommend a cherry-popping story to anyone gay fic newcomer, it would definitely be this one. You hit all the major themes that are so prototypical (the fear, the confusion, the first love, the learning, the issues with the best friend, the balancing act with the parents), but in In Due Time they feel exciting and truly shocking or embarrassing, not trite or overused as they do in so many amateur stories.

Keep at it!

• Like 1

I'm half torn between loving the wait and dying for more... of course I've been waiting for less time than others since I just found this yesterday and read it all through twice instead of sleeping ^_o

btw... I just wanted to let you know that I created an account just to tell you how awesome your story was/is so I hope you're getting the motivation to one day continue it! :D Or start something new...

Edited by acidicme

I love this story. I, too, just found it in the past week and powered through all 17 chapters. I didn't realize until finishing 17 that the story was not yet finished. I saw J's post from last December regarding the delay. I just hope the story hasn;t been abandoned. It's a great read and I am totally involved with the characters.

I need to learn to check to see if stories are completed before beginning them, I guess. I've picked a few that were good but are suspended by the authors, which is too bad. But I understand that writing can be quite a lot of work, and for a hobby writer the time can be hard to find.

Still, I look forward to more...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with newfie above, and like him I didn't realize the story was incomplete until I read chpt. 17. There are so many great young authors with works at this site. I'm a teacher and I have time to read in the summers. All of these coming of age and coming out stories have kept me up late revisiting memories, crying and wondering why so little has changed in our society towards openess, understanding and tolerance of same-sex love in our society. I wrote in Jon Doe's forum for his story "Get There" that I wish it could be required reading in highschools so that kids could have positive "normal" characters to relate to. I felt so lost as a teenager, and scared to death I would end up lisping when I spoke and swishing like a broom when I walked if I was to ever admit to myself that I was gay. An older brother helped me get over that fear, keep things in perspective, and remember who I was and where I came from.

I love these characters. I love listening in on on Jake's soliloquies. Those thoughts sound so familiar. You are a great story teller and a damn good writer. No one could do theses characters justice or finish this story as well as you. Maybe you should publish it and make us all buy the book. You should definitely try to have it published. I'll buy several copies and donate one to the library. Thanks for sharing this story and these characters and the very best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

So I def love the dynamic of the story and it's characters. Together they expree typical teen angst from all points of view and make all of us go wild with this cliff hanger !!!! Hope your done soon ur an amazing writer !!!:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the words of Jim Morrison "This is the end" (maybe) or, if you prefer Porky Pig, "That's all folks!"

But you can't end on a cliffhanger!!!

Well why not? If you've seen The Italian Job (the original - not the crappy American remake!) you'll remember the end of the film with the escape bus teetering on the edge of the mountain, the gold sliding out of reach and Michael Caine confidently telling the gang "hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea ... er, ... er"

I hope Jordan does carry on this great story, but "Mom" is an amusing ending if he's done a runner. Maybe he's taken up knitting instead.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a joke. ;)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been waiting for this day for awhile and can't wait until it'll be that day just for fun I'll go back and read it so i'll be prepaired for the next couple of chapters Soo freaking excited. Awesome story it is. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...