[J. Ross] In Due Time

Guest Android

This is one of my favorite stories on GA, and I actually signed up to the forum mainly so I could keep track of this and one other story I love :D

I hope he updates soon >_<

So... I sent the latest chapter off for editing. Figured I should lead with that. Barring any natural disasters that might claim my life or whatever, it'll be up within the week.

I'm sort of awed by any of you that are still waiting. It doesn't feel like so long from where I'm sitting but the dates kind of speak for themselves and.... a year and a half is really unacceptable, I think. But I can FINALLY, honestly say you won't be waiting much longer. Took me forever and I must have considered killing everyone off with falling anvils, but I resisted the urge and tonight, I finally sent off chapter eighteen for editing. And the second I get it back, it will be up. I'll work on replies to emails, and comments and such once I have sleep in my system but I stopped by to update all those still waiting and to thank you for doing so. And to reassure once more that while I kind of suck with deadlines in the worse way, there will always be more. That's kind of the best I can offer.

Hope you all are well. :)

• Like 1

Hey, we've all had bad spots.

I mean, it's been forever and a day since I actually worked on getting a new chapter of Redemption out! Mind you, part of that was focusing on the Novella contest last year... and then finishing off Guardians... then going back and polishing Guardians... but the fact is, it's been most of a year since the last chapter was posted. WAY too long!

We all get caught up in things -- including writers block. Don't worry about it.

Yes, of course. I just feel that bad spots that last this long on a cliffhanger are unacceptable for me personally...

HOWEVER

The next chapter is UP. I'll get to the replies for those that are waiting for answers and such. Right now, though, I'm going to go enjoy a nice coma.

OMG I can´t believe I´m seeing an new chapter of IDT! I remember thinking that it was the PERFECT story when I read it way back ... and that´s the only thing I remember, actually. I thought this story was dead, so I mourned it properly and moved on. Now I´ll read it all again. Please give us a promise you´ll finish this. I´m so happy.

Cheers, Clara

I know I probably should have gone back and re-read from Chapter 1 onward, to have the whole story fresh in my mind before reading this new chapter. But I didn't. I admit that, after waiting not so patiently for this chapter, I just couldn't wait another moment and jumped straight to it. And it did *not* disappoint!

Jake's parents sound a little bit like mine. Father with a short fuse but gets over things quickly and is ready to talk faster after losing his shit. Mother who goes all scary-silent and holds grudges for weeks on end. Gives me some flashbacks to when I was growing up, that's for sure. I think I preferred my father's method; at least it didn't drag on, and we could have epic screaming battles and then be fine five minutes later. I hope that Jake, terrified as he was of his dad's reaction, finds him similarly quick to get over things and move on. And I worry that he'll have a longer battle ahead with his mom. But I'm optimistic. His parents seem like good people, not like monsters. They seem like the type who will love him unconditionally. They seem like they'll be okay.

And awww... on Jake learning how to let Shane comfort him. (I feel like Jake is a toddler taking his first tentative baby steps here... "he's walking! he's walking!")

I could say so much here... I want to say so much... but mostly I'm just glad that to see the new chapter at long last, and that it looks like the story will end after all.

o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! XD

I was just browsing the site, when I saw the announcement for the 18th chapter, and I literally screamed my head off.

I first started reading this story just a few weeks after the 17th chapter was posted, and I've honestly been waiting for the next installment ever since.

I've been coming onto GA every now and then and just checking in, hoping the next chapter would be posted. And I just found out like 5 minutes ago. It's so surreal! Haha

I'm so excited that you're still continuing this story, because it's seriously one of my favorites, and it honestly is too good to go without an ending.

I just wanted to stop by and give my two cents' worth. I wish you nothing but the best, and you have all the support from this crazy fanatic!

I hope the 19th chapter gets posted soon, and if not, I can wait for that one too! =D

o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! XD

I was just browsing the site, when I saw the announcement for the 18th chapter, and I literally screamed my head off.

I first started reading this story just a few weeks after the 17th chapter was posted, and I've honestly been waiting for the next installment ever since.

I've been coming onto GA every now and then and just checking in, hoping the next chapter would be posted. And I just found out like 5 minutes ago. It's so surreal! Haha

I'm so excited that you're still continuing this story, because it's seriously one of my favorites, and it honestly is too good to go without an ending.

I just wanted to stop by and give my two cents' worth. I wish you nothing but the best, and you have all the support from this crazy fanatic!

I hope the 19th chapter gets posted soon, and if not, I can wait for that one too! =D

:blink:...........Epilogue, you cannot be serious! Leaving us with a mother of all cliffhangers for 18 months :angry: then posting a chapter yet to say the next one is the epilogue??? Ok, enough ranting, I can see how Ry & Cloe are going to be able to 'fix' themselves, I can see Shane and Jake doing the same. I feel Jake's father is more upset at the 'all niter' Jake did then the revelation of his son's sexuality, Jake's mother is another issue. Why wasn't she there in the early morning, when the father had obviously stayed up all night? Parents should accept their kids no matter what, Jake's mother may be an exception that either needs time or something else. Her absence makes me wonder about the parents conversation that occurred that evening, it could have not been good if she wasn't there in the morning. Will there be a sequel?

I didn't even wait. I went right to 17 when it all happened, and then right on to 18. I will, however, be reading the series from the beginning, when the epilogue comes out, and it better be a long one. I won't want to see Jake and Shane come to an end, so maybe there's like... a continuance or book 2 or something, but anyways. I'm glad you're back, and no matter what, I hope you come up with another story to tell. It will, I believe, be at least as good as this one has been.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, J. Ross, what a great story! No trite, predictable responses from your characters and their situations, just true to life, nail-biting consternation. I could feel everything Jake was going through, and had to laugh when he said he wasn't doing that bad, just not that great. I could feel how the father was completely caught off guard and at a loss as to what to do or say. I have to agree with Benji, I don't see how a short ish epilogue can do the story justice. How can you resolve the issue with Jake's mother without at least one more chapter? Well, you are the master story teller here, I'm sure the end will be as amazing as the rest of the story. Hey, wasn't the last morning in the story supposed to be the strawberry picking Saturday?

Many thanks to everyone reading! Just a quick reply to let you know that the epilogue is up (and to jump up and down and scream about it because, FINALLY). I'll be up tonight finally getting around to responses as well...it's been a productive sort of day, but I wanted to come and say THANK YOU, so, so much for reading. I'm thrilled to have been able to share. :)

• 2 weeks later...