[J. Ross] In Due Time

Congrat's on the award, J', it's well deserved. I've picked up reading the series and find the interaction, and emotional expression, to be quite realistic. A very good read all-in-all.

Edited by kjames

Definitely want to add my congrats on the award, too. It was very well deserved. :2thumbs:

As I stated in my review of the latest chapter, I have never, ever read a more accurate description of the confusion and awkwardness of a first sexual encounter. Writing about sex can be difficult. So many authors end up with too much focus on the mechanics, or too much graphic detail, or they put their characters through moves that aren't realistic. This encounter was so real and so beautiful, and so painful. I really felt what they were going through. I get the impression it must have taken you a long time to write it.

The ending of chapter 14 is great. It's priceless. I can't wait for more.

:D WOW! is how I describe this latest chapter. This is turning out to be my favorite story here in GA. I really like the way Jake has these panic attacks.........sounds like me a few years back.

Please hurry with the next chapter and the hundred or so after that..lol......... :worship::worship:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh J.Ross, God your like the my gospel on writing, lol. I'm just falling in love everytime I read a chapter. You've made a devoted fan very very happy.

I also love Shane, didnt like him too much to begin with but now... Whew boy.

Your style as I've said is so captivating, when you publish, if you choose too, please inform me, I shall be buying as many as I can to spread the 'good news' Ah religous reference I rule!

P.S. I mean absolutely no offence by that comment.

Just feel that it was neccesary.

Thank you for writing.

Devoted Fan

- MT

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just discovered your story (because of the award) and I just wanted to leave a brief note to say how much I've enjoyed devouring all 14 chapters.

It's been said before, but I enjoy the fact that you haven't made Jake an annoying character. Sure he does annoying things, the dollar shop being a prime example, but you can understand the state he's in and why he's acting in such a way.

Shane. What more can I say than I want a Shane of my own. :wub:

What you've done with the character of Ryan I feel is really unique and possibly the most interesting and believable portrayal of the straight best friend who doesn't know how to deal with his friend's sexuality, that isn't the path of complete acceptance or complete rejection, that I've read. He is a truly compelling character.

Chloe and Caydence I want to get to know better. Here's we get more of them soon.

Anyway, I said this would be brief. Looks like I lied. Thanks for putting this story out there. Can't wait for the next chapter :)

• 2 weeks later...

Working on it. As fast as I can. Unfortunately, 'as fast as I can' happens to be unbearable slow. I'm just about finished, but it's taking me awhile to get it right. I've started this chapter over more times than I can count because...while I always feel like everything I write is crap, the stuff that gets posted is usually my best attempt at something good. I can't post something half assed.

But *ahem* I promise, I'm working. Haven't disappeared or whatever. It's coming.

Hope y'all are well.

Jordan.

Despite being new, I know a good story when I see one.

And I have to say so far, the stories I've read on eFiction, In Due Time has to be one of the top ones. You're very captivating and I cant wait to see what comes next.

P.S. If I loved Shane anymore I'd probably jump through my screen.

• 2 weeks later...

SO, finally. Thanks so much to everyone that offered congrats. I was all sorts of happy to be included and stuffs. :)

Benji, Lol, I think there was actually a line somewhere that used gay and okay in the same sentence. I deleted it as soon as I read it, *headdesk* I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

Jaydee, thanks! Consider me reassured. And I'm thrilled you're still reading and enjoying. Cheers.

kjames, glad you're back. And that you still like this. Hope the rest isn't a horrible disappointment. Thanks for reading! :)

Altimexis, yes, it was difficult, and I almost cut the scene to fade so many times, because, while I'd planned it for awhile, I wasn't sure the story so far was really leading there. I was actually pretty worried, for the longest time, but I'm glad you enjoyed. And that it was realistic. And, you know, not horrible. Thanks so much!

lennyO, Lol, thanks so much, for reading and for commenting. I'm glad you're enjoying, and that you can relate. Thanks muchly! Again. :):)

hh5, lmao, if they don't know, they will eventually... ;)

Matt, *laughs* You're made of awesome. Thank YOU, for reading. And for bringing stuff like this. :):)

acassimaty, I would have sworn Jake was totally on the annoying side, but I'm happy to be disagreed with. Obviously. And brief is overrated. :) Seriously, thanks so much for reading. I'm glad you found it, and ever glader that you enjoyed (and um, glader? wtf) and such. Thanks again. Hope you enjoy the rest as well!

lesfeuxdemoncoeur, It'll be up tonight. Sorry about the wait.

stonerboy, Up tonight. Sorry. Again. >.<

MelancholyBlue, Thank you so much, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far. Hope the rest doesn't disappoint. And uhm, Shane loves you back? Lol, something like that.

I'm pretty sure I said this already, but thanks, again, to everyone that offered their congratulations. OH! And to those who voted. Obviously. All my appreciation.

So, the next chapter will be up as soon as I get it back from Sharon (which never takes long) as long as she doesn't tell me to scrap it and start over. Hope you all enjoy. I'm soooo sorry about the wait between the last chapter and this one, but uhm...yeah, I've got no good excuses. Thanks for the patience and such. Take care.

Edited by J.Ross

THANK YOU! I needed this chapter right now.

I just had the longest session staring at my computer for hours on end and working on my term paper! It's funny how your brain has this ability to turn the same physical chore, staring at a computer screen, and flip the switch from extreme pain to extreme gratification.

Anyway.. I love the story STILL... and I ain't going nowhere. You're top tier!

a couple things i noticed:

-I have the same high pitchiness Shane has when I try and raise my voice to talk louder. I usually focus and try and modulate it.. something im practiced at so that it sounds more sensual and emotive all the time.

-The Ryan-Jake relationship is so perfect. I love it. That whole interaction thing before bed was executed really well. I love the subtle "bro" Ryan said. I love the fact that Ryan needs Jake so viscerally.. and it's not sexual at all! There is no hint whatsoever of Ryan being attracted to Jake and I love that you've pulled it off so well. Another thing that's cool is the way they interact and the language they use... "I guess I'm the asshole then" = I'm sorry.

.. there's more but now I'm relaxed and desperately tired and need to be up in 6 hours.

:D

• Like 1

``In Due Time. Whatcha think``?

The last chapter was wonderful, :worship: as always, still, can`t help but feel extremely sad that Jake and Ryan aren`t as close friends as before. :( still, it`s good that Jake can`t seem to keep his hands off Shane, maybe it`s a sign that pretty soon, he`ll be able to come out of his closet, right? :D well, that`s it from me, take care, and can`t wait for more fun filled adventures from the boys, and well, Chloe too, :lol: .

PS. the fact that Shane yells like a girl, that was hilarious. thanks for putting that there, it certainly gives Shane more.... character. :lol:

• Like 1
B) ..........Another great chapter! I loved the 'you could have called me' war that left both of them anxious and upset for a weekend. I'm glad Ryan finally is getting better being around Jake, but I think he is going to be facing some real problems coming up soon. Thanks for the chapter, I knew it would arrive in due time!
  • Like 1

Loved it. I also loved the whole you coulda called thing going on as well as the end between Jake and Ry. I think if Ry isn't careful he really is going to end up locked away somewhere. Something needs to happen with that boy and his father. I'm starting to really hate Colin, and I'm wondering what's going to happen at the dinner now between Jake and his family and Colin and his family, and if Ryan is going to show up.

There's a twist here somewhere, I'm wondering how long before Jake's outted. Will, it's set to happen on "Thursday Night" so.....hopefully in the next chapter

Regards,

Jon

• Like 1

That was so damned sweet... the description of those first few days when you can't get enough of him was really evocative. And the closing scene was touching, but Ry and Jake still stayed in character. Awesome job, J. :worship:

• Like 1
In Due Time. Whatcha think?

I really like the story. Please keep it coming - and please finish it. Too many good stories go into hiatus for seemingly forever or are not finished, unfortunately. My question about Chapter 15 is what did you mean by "No big" at the end of the first paragraph?

• Like 1

:P I was about to give you crap for not commenting on my comments. Good thing I checked and discovered I didn't make any. I hate putting both feet in my mouth at the same time. My bad.

Great chapter, Jordan. :worship::worship:

Jake did annoy me this chapter. :lol: He really does think too much, particularly around Shane. He's finally getting into the relationship and more accepting of himself but he's still looking over his shoulder and waiting for Shane to do all the work. Anyways, things are good so I shan't be too hard on him.

The closing scene with Ry and Jake was superb. Loved it. :wub: Actually, Ryan was totally sweet this chapter. Ryan becoming sensitive....who wooda thunk! :blink:

Conner

• Like 1

Its great that Ry and Jake have settled down and have begun to re-connect their friendship.

Still hehe I wish Jake take up Ry invititation but then Jake has Shane.

So its best not temp things unless this is Ry way of getting Jake away from Shane.

I still am clueless to whats going on between Jake and Shane.

I guess chapters will tell.

Well they been friends for a long time 18 years. But will they be together for another 60 years.

I do hate life when Jobs, schools, etc changes lives.

• Like 1

I see you're keeping up the standard with chapter 15. This story just goes on getting better. And I'm getting to really like Jake, now, which is nice.

I did notice one small typo:

He would have said the same thing
  • Like 1