[Krista] Standing in Shadows

• Site Administrator

Indeed, we need to figure out what it is that motivated her, bottle it and feed it to her on a daily basis :P

Actually, I was quite surprised to see how many words the last chapter was :o

I'll let everyone in on a little secret...I have no idea where Krista is going to go next. Usually she allows me and AJ to look at the chapter and then it is published within a day or two. I kind of like it that way due to the fact I have all the same questions as everyone else does.

So currently, here is what I'm thinking is going on :P

The reappearance of Greg, and now a whole chapter without mentioning him. I know he was off to stay at Grandma's house and knew that Corey was busy (the night the broke into the school). So will he complicate things? Will Corey tell Clinton? Does Corey have feelings still lingering for his 'first'?

The imminent return of CJ. This will open a whole bucket of worms. The fact that Clinton was buds with CJ and didn't stand up to him in Clinton's kitchen earlier in defence of Corey comes to mind. Then the fact that Clinton was supposed to go on the vacation with Corey but was 'uninvited' leaves me wondering if their friendship is over. Then to add more to the fire, I don't see Jenny backing down if she finds out CJ's dog had puppies. If this proves true then I'm expecting fireworks.

With CJ returning and the relationship with Clinton, I can't help but wonder what will happen when Corey's (self professed) only real friends come back from their summer football camp. I know Corey has told us that they usually dragged him out and let him mope when he wanted too and tried to get him to relax and smile, so will they notice a difference in Corey now that he is with Clinton? Will they accept Clinton?

Lastly, football camp is coming up with dear old Dad :( . I know he has repeatedly told others he won't be playing, including Cameron, and I'm not totally sure if Cora put her foot down with Dad, but didn't he want Corey throwing with his left arm? If that crazy idea is still in his mind, can't help but feel his time this summer is about to end. Also, he really hasn't done any conditioning at all, so I imagine it will be hell and that isn't even with the fact that his Dad is the coach.

• Like 1

B) ...............You do realize when this story first posted

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have sneak peeked the tentative first chapter of this story, but the other chapters will be coming soon so I thought I'd open up the discussion now.  :gikkle:

• Like 1

Benji, you're one post away from me taking you over my knee. :D

Steven - You bring up some interesting points. After a certain early scene  0:) , I really don't know where I'm going next. I know I have a lot of possibilities. A lot of them bank on people returning. One thing for sure though this story does need some resolutions one way or the other. 

If I wasn't working on the anthology, I would so like to show you up with a new chapter of SIS. I should go the other way and make you suffer, since you doubt me so. :P 

You'll need a good surgeon to get my boot out of your ass, Benji. :D Better hope he's gentle. I enjoyed your review by the way, definitely gave me some things to think about after some of the dust has settled.

• 3 weeks later...

B) ...............Another chapter!!  Krista is keeping to her New Years resolutions. :P

Am I? :P Bleh, makes me feel bad that I've not started chapter 27 yet.. :( I liked your review though. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

After reading this, one thing came to mind for me regarding Clinton...pathetic :unsure:

I'm really wondering if Corey and Clinton are right for each others. Unless Clinton grows a set to do something other than have sex with, I'd say the relationship is over :(

I wonder if Greg reappearing means there is hope for another one starting up :)

Nah Basketball had nothing to do with it. I'm ready to end this story, nearly 4+ years.. 'bout damn time.. lol. :D

Edited by Krista
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply to my review, but did I get it right: The next chapter will be the last ?

Arrrggh, how can you wrap up all the loose ends in just one more chapter ?

The confrontation with Cj (it's gonna be awful, I just know it)

plus the fall out part of which I hope will be Andy and Keith getting a chance to beat Cj up (I'm not a fan of violence, but sometimes it seems to be the only thing that will get through)

The reaction of Corey's dad - and I guess all the parents of both Clinton and Corey

Plus how Corey's mum will react if his dad goes off his rocker

The reaction of all the people in high school - who will align with Corey ? Will he be pleasantly surprised ?

Clinton and Corey sorting out what they'll do next - depending on whether Clinton stood up to Cj or not

Jenny getting Cj in major trouble for dumping the puppies to die

Will we see more of Greg?

You may be fed up with this story after four years, but rest assured your readers aren't :)

So even if 30 chapters looks good, a ch 31 epilogue will be fine too ;)

Edited by Timothy M.

Lol. Yes, you read correctly. I am planning on just one more chapter and an epilogue. Some of those questions will be answered, some of those will not be. I would like to be able to wrap everything up. The major, major, major things will be explained/come to pass. Some of the more minor details may/will be left for you to wonder about. I will try to fill those in with hints and minor explanations, probably in spoken dialog and inner-dialog. Some of those I have already hinted at with character interaction and inner-dialog. (Is that the correct term for character's thought processes) I know what most of you are probably wondering about and you listed quite a few of those that I already knew. 

SO... all depends on how nice I am and how well I can translate everything. 

Sorry to be vague, but I just can't lay my cards on the table, just yet. ;)