[dkstories] Happy Thanksgiving

Today is a day where we Americans tell all that we are thankful for...and among the things I am thankful for are all the wonderful people at GA, and all the wonderful fans and readers who have sent me nice messages and posted messages here. Thank you.

In measure of my thanks, a new chapter of Dreams should be posted within the next few days.

Just in case you need something to read over the holidays and can't wait for the next Dreams chapter, I've been enjoying the story Tests of Blood by Allan Smithee. It's actually turning into one of my favorite stories.

http://allensmithee.gayauthors.org/tests/

Today is a day where we Americans tell all that we are thankful for...and among the things I am thankful for are all the wonderful people at GA, and all the wonderful fans and readers who have sent me nice messages and posted messages here. Thank you.

In measure of my thanks, a new chapter of Dreams should be posted within the next few days.

Just in case you need something to read over the holidays and can't wait for the next Dreams chapter, I've been enjoying the story Tests of Blood by Allan Smithee. It's actually turning into one of my favorite stories.

Hi Dan, Happy Thanksgiving for you both !

You are welcome, and thanks for the reading suggestion, but I prefer going on what I just began a few days ago, reading for the x time DO, DOR and the others, one after the other (BTW, you put a lot of your own mind in Davey's brain ! Who could have be your model for Brian ?).

I thought you were on a sabbatical for six months?

If you would prefer that...fine. next time someone complains about no new chapters...you can tell them you insisted I finish the six months.

You made the announcement about the six month sabbatical, I ask you about it, and you jump down my throat? Whatever.

If you are that devoted to your fans, I suggest that you think about that before you throw a tantrum and threaten to vanish. Again.

• Site Moderator

Guy's, let's play nice PLEASE. If Dan want's to change his mind, that's up to him to do so.

Authors are allowed to take as long a hiatus as they want. I've been patiently waiting for an author to come back and he's been gone longer than Dom was. Word has it, he will be back soon.

I'm happy that Dan decided to past a new chapter.

Jan

If Dan's back, thank's for that.

What I think about the hiatus, not having a problem with it in general, but with the reasons and intentions behind it, is written in another thread and in an PM to Dan directly. I'm usually not resentful, if there's even enough to be resentful about. Mark, it's OK to inquire, but your tone doesn't appear diplomatic. OK, Dan's heated answer isn't that nice either.

Again, if Dan desists from a hiatus, welcome back. :)

Ah... And I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. Being a German barbarian I can't really relate, but I hope everyone had a nice time with the ones he/she loves.

Daniel

PS: Hey, what's that "Profilic Member"-banner doing under my avatar? :) Guess everyone gets it, with the 100'th post, but nice none the less.

[Edit] Spelling errors and PS.

Edited by TheDaniel
Authors are allowed to take as long a hiatus as they want. I've been patiently waiting for an author to come back and he's been gone longer than Dom was. Word has it, he will be back soon.

Say that again. I'm waiting for Jamie, over at awesomedude, forever. ;)

• Site Moderator
Say that again. I'm waiting for Jamie, over at awesomedude, forever. ;)

That's exactly who I was referring too.

That banner you're referring to is set up to change after 'X' number of posts. After you reach a certain level, you'll be able to change it yourself.

• Site Moderator

Speaking of which, join me and some others in discussing the story in the Story Cafe.

You made the announcement about the six month sabbatical, I ask you about it, and you jump down my throat? Whatever.

If you are that devoted to your fans, I suggest that you think about that before you throw a tantrum and threaten to vanish. Again.

A smart-ass comment gets a smart-ass reply. I do have a dedication for true fans, which is why I went ahead and posted the story and this thread instead of letting people like you push me to punishing the rest of them for the few people who piss me off.

A smart-ass comment gets a smart-ass reply. I do have a dedication for true fans, which is why I went ahead and posted the story and this thread instead of letting people like you push me to punishing the rest of them for the few people who piss me off.

You were so demonstrative and definitive about leaving because someone apparently hurt your feelings that you were willing to take your ball and go home before, I just figured that you would explain why you changed your mind and decided to come back so soon.

Personally, I thought you had timed your sabbatical perfectly. At least DomLuka was back and publishing new chapters and Duncan Ryder is now hosted. Those two could have filled the void you left.

You were so demonstrative and definitive about leaving because someone apparently hurt your feelings that you were willing to take your ball and go home before, I just figured that you would explain why you changed your mind and decided to come back so soon.

Personally, I thought you had timed your sabbatical perfectly. At least DomLuka was back and publishing new chapters and Duncan Ryder is now hosted. Those two could have filled the void you left.

I think you're more interested in just making trouble. Don't post in my forums again, please. Thank you.

and people wonder why authors get burned out...