ever since nicky showed up at the drive-in in tlw i wanted to know more about him and to be honest i never thought he was gay. finally in 29 dom gave us all what we wanted--more nicky. but now i still want more nicky and i have NEVEr been one of those fetish for st8 boy types i cant figure out what it is.

a while ago in doms yahoo group someone asked the ladies why they liked gay fic so this question is for us gay and bi boys. what is the deal with the str8 best freind obsession i see every where ? this is the first time it happened to me and i do not get it. maybe it is because i know nicky is str8 and one of those look but dont touch things that make me crazy :wacko: i just want more nicky :( i think the person who said we should talk dom in to a fantasy chap. is realy on to somethin there.. 0:)

Great topic, JC. :2thumbs:

Well, I can't say that I agree that having a straight best friend is an obsession with gay young men; but I certainly understand the connection.

Nicky is in a class of his own, though. Friends like Nicky are few and far between. First of all he's a total stud. That always helps when you're gay. The real kicker is who he is - loyal, honest, fun loving, understanding, accepting and he doesn't keep lists.

I would think that most young gay men grow up with a straight best friend - that's just the odds. When that friend accepts you the way Nicky accepts Owen - that's going to make you 'love' him all that much more.

Having that kind of connection to someone in the straight world is really satisfying.

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

i think the person who said we should talk dom in to a fantasy chap. is realy on to somethin there.. 0:)

I do sometimes have brilliant ideas, the more I think about it, the more I would like to see Andy get his hands on the three of them :evil:

As to the str8 friend thing, I think conner was pretty close. Having a good friendship creates a strong emotional foundation and provides stability when all goes to hell. It also becomes a 'safe' attachment in a world (teen male) where it is not safe to be anything but str8. It also doesn't hurt one bit if he is hot.

:king: Snow Dog

• 2 years later...
As to the str8 friend thing, I think conner was pretty close. Having a good friendship creates a strong emotional foundation and provides stability when all goes to hell. It also becomes a 'safe' attachment in a world (teen male) where it is not safe to be anything but str8. It also doesn't hurt one bit if he is hot.

I think the straight best friend fetish is a common one for many of us. Maybe it's the thought that maybe one day, when all the planets line up, that the strVIII best friend might indulge us in a fantasy night...one of those one time only things.

Also, many xx websites cater to that fantasy by having straight guys have sex (corbinfisher, seancody, etc).

Take Care®,

Vic

Conner said:

I would think that most young gay men grow up with a straight best friend - that's just the odds. When that friend accepts you the way Nicky accepts Owen - that's going to make you 'love' him all that much more.

I didn't grow up with one but I'm VERY lucky to have a Nicky in my life! :D (But I'm no Owen in any case). I do love him a lot. It's a different kinda love. Not the one witha a bf. Not with a brother. Something more special. At least for me. :D:):):)

Happy Ieshwar

Simple. People want what they can't have :D It's why so many people are attracted by hard-to-get attitude, str8 guys having a thing for married/involved woman, etc. And how many str8 guys can you name who fall for their "female friends" :P . Supposed it's all the same thing, doesn't matter if their straight or not, if their cute and obviously a good friend it means your attracted to their personality, and their looks, what more do you need to fall for someone then those two things? :D That's my theory anyways!

P.s: Just a suggestion, if their truly straight and your best friend, don't indulge in one of those drunken and sexually confused nights, it will be regretted the next day :blink:

Edited by Leo
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know this is slightly :off: but have you ever noticed how as soon as you are taken all the cute boys come out and try to play with you? Then you're solo and they're all gone. -_-

I know! I was free for like a year and nothing, zipp, nada. But Ive been with my bf for uh... 3 months now and Ive had 2 different guys flirt with/hit on me. Blega.

This is an interesting topic. I definitely think there's an element of "wish fulfillment" at play here. Still I don't object to the use of the straight best friend at all, they're usually an interesting character, especially Dom's

no problem at all...all my friends (best/good/better or worse) are straight.... or deeeeeep in the closet... ;)