Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes - Chapter 24

Another great chapter, Cliff. I'm still looking for Eric to start a relationship with Jansen. Is that going to happen? Will General Bradson's mission be successful? Will the volcano blow up in everyone's face? Will there ever be another cliffhanger-free chapter?

• Site Administrator

Great chapter, thanks CJ :2thumbs: .

I wonder if Eric would indeed do anything with a guy if he was sober. We look back at Cody and Brandon, both were when he was tequila'd up. I liked Keith's statement about a six pack :P .

How can anybody really be worried about Cumbre Vieja exploding when they really should be worried about a boiling Mount Saint Helen (Loved that one) that could erupt at any minute. I have a feeling that things are only going to get worse between Helen and Jane before they get better. Actually I get that feeling that all of their situations on the island is going to worsen.

Then there is the whole Jon and Eric thing. Is Jon turning into his own explosive volcano ready to erupt. So far CJ has given us 3 different Volcano's ready to erupt on the same island at the same time :D .

So Felicia sees the Scar for what he is really worth with his little cut in on the runway in Somalia. I think that bodes well for General Bradson.

Thanks again,

Steve B)

• Site Moderator

Well, Rats will do their best to desert a sinking ship.

I think there just might be an interest in Jansen for Eric. How many straight guy's do you know who would say something like Eric did.

Nodding slowly, Eric glanced back at Jansen before remarking absently, surprising even himself with his candor,

Misdirection I ya! It's Southern California ya'll should be worrying about!! The goat will have us believe the volcano is going to explode, but if it happens their is no way the guests could escape. And even the goat wouldn't kill off the main characters, hummmmmm at least I hope not!! Scar's recent actions must leave Felicia even more cause concern, I hope she has a 'plan' B for her own safety. Great chapter CJ! It seems everyone is a bit tense here in this chapter.

I was going to suggest that Jane be thrown into the volcano, but that might just make the volcano more eruptive. :lol: Helen showed excellent tolerance in not ripping her a new one. Actually, I found that whole scene sad. :( I understand that she's anxious, but she's gone totally neurotic. Her behaviour is what I call "crazy-making". I'm hoping Helen will get her alone at some point and talk some sense into her before she totally blows it with her sons.

Who cares what Scar's plan is, I'm still trying to figure out what the lemons are for. :wacko:

I'm also wondering if the media people scrambling to get to the island will catch on that the band is there. I hope not. They'll end up interviewing Jane. :blink: Of course, that's when Helen will cause her excrutiating pain. :P

Conner

Another great chapter, Cliff. I'm still looking for Eric to start a relationship with Jansen. Is that going to happen? Will General Bradson's mission be successful? Will the volcano blow up in everyone's face? Will there ever be another cliffhanger-free chapter?

Thank you, oh Amphibious One, for declaring this chapter cliffhanger-free! (your wording, specifically "another one", clearly implies that this one is cliffhanger-free!).

I can't answer any of the questions or the Echidna will get me, but I will say this: they will all be answered in the story. :)

Some of us do hope that Eric founds a guy, but I have a feeling it just might be a close friendship but we'll see :)

When they said by boat or by plane to leave the island, I thought it said by goat at first :lol:

So far, there has been only on mention of goats in the story... The plaintive bleating of goats heard by the General after parachuting into the Cape Verde Islands. :) That's not to say it will be the last, though. :)

Great chapter, thanks CJ :2thumbs: .

I wonder if Eric would indeed do anything with a guy if he was sober. We look back at Cody and Brandon, both were when he was tequila'd up. I liked Keith's statement about a six pack :P .

How can anybody really be worried about Cumbre Vieja exploding when they really should be worried about a boiling Mount Saint Helen (Loved that one) that could erupt at any minute. I have a feeling that things are only going to get worse between Helen and Jane before they get better. Actually I get that feeling that all of their situations on the island is going to worsen.

Then there is the whole Jon and Eric thing. Is Jon turning into his own explosive volcano ready to erupt. So far CJ has given us 3 different Volcano's ready to erupt on the same island at the same time :D .

So Felicia sees the Scar for what he is really worth with his little cut in on the runway in Somalia. I think that bodes well for General Bradson.

Thanks again,

Steve B)

I can't take credit for the "Mount Saint Helen" line. Probably one of my team (maybe Graeme, but i can't remember for sure), or possibly a forum post or PM by a forum member, referred to Helen that way. I think it was back in LTMP. So, when I was writing that part, it just came to mind. It fits, i think. :)

Trapped on an island with an erupting volcano... what could possibly go wrong? 0:)

Well, Rats will do their best to desert a sinking ship.

I think there just might be an interest in Jansen for Eric. How many straight guy's do you know who would say something like Eric did.

The Scar, admittedly, does have a few personality flaws. :)

Misdirection I ya! It's Southern California ya'll should be worrying about!! The goat will have us believe the volcano is going to explode, but if it happens their is no way the guests could escape. And even the goat wouldn't kill off the main characters, hummmmmm at least I hope not!! Scar's recent actions must leave Felicia even more cause concern, I hope she has a 'plan' B for her own safety. Great chapter CJ! It seems everyone is a bit tense here in this chapter.

Well, there is the little fact that SoCal is still in danger from "the Big One", but that's nothing to worry about! :)

Why, just the other day, I saw this... http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fa...0,7734479.story

Oh, and interestingly enough, SoCal did have a quake on the San Jacinto fault (the one in the story) on Jan 9th, just a few weeks after it was posted, though it was not as large as the one in the story.

Oh, and fear not! There's one scenario by which the volcano could explode without killing the resort guests; If the fears of a lateral collapse are true, and a latteral collapse occurs. In such a scenario, the area the resort is on would be safely under the Atlantic by the time the volcano's magma pipe is uncovered (resulting in a mount saint Helens style lateral blast). All the guests would be underwater, en route to a permanent gig at the bottom of the Atlantic, so would be unaffected by the blast. :)

I was going to suggest that Jane be thrown into the volcano, but that might just make the volcano more eruptive. :lol: Helen showed excellent tolerance in not ripping her a new one. Actually, I found that whole scene sad. :( I understand that she's anxious, but she's gone totally neurotic. Her behaviour is what I call "crazy-making". I'm hoping Helen will get her alone at some point and talk some sense into her before she totally blows it with her sons.

Who cares what Scar's plan is, I'm still trying to figure out what the lemons are for. :wacko:

I'm also wondering if the media people scrambling to get to the island will catch on that the band is there. I hope not. They'll end up interviewing Jane. :blink: Of course, that's when Helen will cause her excrutiating pain. :P

Conner

You picked up on the core of the problem; Jane is a bit neurotic, but so are they all, to one degree or another. The stress of their situation is making them that way. People do behave oddly when under sustained stress. In other words, tempers flare easily. Jane also has the added worry that she might be destroying her marriage. And I agree, it was a sad scene.

OK, I have been given a special clearance from the Echidna Himself to mention the following: We find out about the lemons, and a lot of other things, in Chapter 25, Satan's Own Thunder. It's also a bit longer than normal.

So what plan Helen going to come up with

Plan B for BOAT!!!

Plan J for Jet or Jump Jane!!!

Plan H for Helicopter

Plan C for Coast Guard

Plan G - Goats Choice

I hope Eric jumps Jen bones. That way the strippers won't have to worry about the partnership.

I wonder if Cody will come back into Erics life?

I guess we have to see if being trap like rats on the island - like where are they going to scurry around.

• Site Administrator

Sorry, I can't resist:

This story is getting better with every chapter! Even Eric behaved himself. Nice goat :D ; Bad strippers!

That's exotic dancers :P:P:P

The GOAT strikes again!!!

I just hope Jon and Eric don't get married here.

Alaskans brace for volcanic eruption

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28914322/

Thanks for posting that! It remanded me of this article, which nicely illustrates what volcanic ash can do to aircraft. (it took out all four engines on a 747... this was from Redoubt volcano, the one linked above that is about to erupt again).

• Site Administrator
Thanks for posting that! It remanded me of this article, which nicely illustrates what volcanic ash can do to aircraft. (it took out all four engines on a 747... this was from Redoubt volcano, the one linked above that is about to erupt again).

According to CJ's article, all they have to do is glide outside of the ash cloud and then restart their engines. No problem if there is no ash cloud on the east side of the island :P

According to CJ's article, all they have to do is glide outside of the ash cloud and then restart their engines. No problem if there is no ash cloud on the east side of the island :P

There is the issue that the Jet was able to restart one engine only, as I recall, and for only long enough to make an emergency landing in Anchorage. :P

Generally speaking, the ash causes a compressor stall, but, it also coats the turbine fans with what amounts to glass (melted ash). There's a good chance you can re-start one once out of the cloud, if you have time, but it is very unikly to run for long. :)

You'll likly see Anchorage International shut down for a while if Redoubt erupts and the wind is from the west; with ash on the ground, planes can't take off. (engine intakes suck it in, right off the ground).

CJ :)

I'm inclined to think he would. He doesn't seem liked he'd have hang up in this regard and he also seems legitimately interested in exploring this side of himself, so I don't think it would take alcohol.

Yes, I'm interested in seeing how that develops.

I don't think her behaviour was all that shocking or terrible under the circumstances. I found it interesting too that it was justified right then and there as it was written. She was anxious about losing her husband over the situation and upset that her boys still have more loyalty and affection toward Helen. It's not surprising then that that stress and anxiety would cause her to feel a little territorial. I'm not saying I think her actions were right, but they're fairly understandable, and it seems to me that CJ has taken care to ensure that we at least have some sympathy and affection for Jane.

You picked up on the core of the problem; Jane is a bit neurotic, but so are they all, to one degree or another. The stress of their situation is making them that way. People do behave oddly when under sustained stress. In other words, tempers flare easily. Jane also has the added worry that she might be destroying her marriage. And I agree, it was a sad scene.

And perhaps other people cope by climbing into bed with hot dancers?

Redoubt -> So who's going to Doubt this again?

The same thing happen to a flight over some islands - I saw it on a program called "Air Crashes" they flew at a certain altituded where the ash fall out was. It was surrealistic with glowing ash - it scratch up the windshield - it clogged the engines.

They were in panic - eventually they restarted the engines - and when they climb back to that altitude it happen again.

Turned out to be an erupting volcano. I think this happen in Java.

They had to keep to a low altitude and land.

This started the instituion of some safety prototocol.

I am surprise this flight u specified had the problem.

I'm inclined to think he would. He doesn't seem liked he'd have hang up in this regard and he also seems legitimately interested in exploring this side of himself, so I don't think it would take alcohol.

I agree - care to experiment??? Lets kidnap Eric - load him up with Tequilla - put him in the room - blind folded -

with Brandon , cody, jon , jen (all blind folded - and - drunk)

The taste test :P:D:lol:

I don't think her behaviour was all that shocking or terrible under the circumstances. I found it interesting too that it was justified right then and there as it was written. She was anxious about losing her husband over the situation and upset that her boys still have more loyalty and affection toward Helen. It's not surprising then that that stress and anxiety would cause her to feel a little territorial. I'm not saying I think her actions were right, but they're fairly understandable, and it seems to me that CJ has taken care to ensure that we at least have some sympathy and affection for Jane.

Jane meets Tarzan!! I had to say that for humour.

All she needs is lesbian 3some to chill her out.

I wonder if the boys are kinda regretting and seeing a side of mom they did not see since papa was the domininate ass.

She's gonna have to learn - her boys are all grown up

I wonder how much Eric can take on "Eric Language!!"

Wait till she finds out that the boys are boozers and womanizers

She'll blow her top.

Only brandon and chase - are innocent babes

And perhaps other people cope by climbing into bed with hot dancers?

Now are you suggesting to CJ a future chapter!!

Eric all tequellia up at the strip club - in the back room - with a bunch of hot dancers - just so happens a bed is available

What you think - eric can take on 4 or 6 of them at the same time?

Then Jane and Helen walks in gets a big surprise

There is the issue that the Jet was able to restart one engine only, as I recall, and for only long enough to make an emergency landing in Anchorage. :P

Generally speaking, the ash causes a compressor stall, but, it also coats the turbine fans with what amounts to glass (melted ash). There's a good chance you can re-start one once out of the cloud, if you have time, but it is very unikly to run for long. :)

You'll likly see Anchorage International shut down for a while if Redoubt erupts and the wind is from the west; with ash on the ground, planes can't take off. (engine intakes suck it in, right off the ground).

CJ :)

All they need is vacuum trucks to suck up the ash - if not all the vacuum cleaners u can get. Bagless and alot of glad bags.

• Site Administrator

Well since CJ didn't respond to the possible use of the lemons that I suggested, we will have to wait till Tuesday to see what lateral thinking the General has up his sleeve. Only a cruel goat would let The Scar, Yuri, Felicia, and probably everyone else know what their for but not his loyal, dedicated readers :P .

I thought I had solved the whole Garage Door openers and Laptop question on Flight One, But no such luck...I guess. My theory was full of holes. So I thought I would let you all know what that theory was and see if it helps anyone else guess what it is.

My first guess that it was wrong was on how easy I found this information. If you search Garage Door Openers in Wikipedia you find out all about them and the frequencies that they operate on. At the end of one section, you then can find out about Land Mobile Radio Systems and how the two interfere with each others. Since LMRS works on the same range of frequency as Garage door openers, I figured that the laptops could be used to randomly jam not only Iranian radio system but also the US systems as well.

What I didn't take into consideration was the amount of power would be required to jam the radio systems. A level that would be essentially impossible with just a laptop and a battery in a garage door opener.

So with that little bit of information, can anyone come up with a feasible solution to what they are being used for?

I'm really curious about their uses.

Steve B)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..