Your ULTIMATE TV show & Moment.

I can't let this subject go without mentioning the last ever double episode of Star Trek Voyager.

Special effects were amazing, Borg Queen at her bitchy best, the revamped Voyager with the cloned armour destroying the Borg hub, & of course the ship herself getting home.

Apart from Star Trek TNG is was by far the best clone of the saga. Hated Enterprise with a passion, never got it or into it. They had so much scope to make something amazing, instead it was awful.

On the bright side the new film looks kinda cool.

Sorry to be the voice of negativity, but for Star Trek series finales, The Next Generation's "All Good things..." was my favorite. A connection to the beginning of the series, a possible look at the future, and relative decisions within the present. I am a fan of Q's quote from that Episode and I do believe that exploration need not just be scientific exploration of new things, but the exploration of possibilities and existence holds promise to human development.

The Voyager finale was a representation of the series without a clear concept. Harry Kim's line during the decision to stay in the Delta Quadrant and destroy the transwarp hub would have been much better if the series was about the journey rather than the "gimmick of the week". Voyager failed on many levels of storytelling, because it's flaw was the unfocused nature in the show. Voyager should have been a huge hit if they even tried focusing on returning home rather than figuring out this new mystery, creature, or civilization of the week.

The formula worked for the original series (TOS) and the next generation (TNG), because they were explorers first, not seeking a path home. If Voyager had to explore, why not connect it to how it will help them return home. There must be a reason for exploration.

(I know for those who read my story Exodus this might sound hypocritical. I am also starting the exploration aspect as hinted a little, but in my case it's to settle down and learn the lay of the land, while they are there. There is a difference, Voyager's characters have a home to go to, my story's characters do not.)

To compare Voyager to classical mythology, Did Odysseus tell his men, "Hey look I know we all miss our families back in Ithaca, but let's study some plants and chart this sea lane like explorers"? No, he had one objective to get home at any costs. Sure he might have kirked/screwed a few goddesses along the way and had to go on a few detours aka his journey to the underworld, but he did everything out of a clear desire to return home with his men. Voyager was all over the place, when it should be about the journey home, which everyone in Star Trek's executive producer helm forgot.

Sorry for the Rant, but I really dislike how badly mishandled Voyager was.

Don't even get me started on Enterprise either......

Fave Moments:

Real World 'Denver'- Davis and Tyrie got into that scuffle

ABDC-Fanny Pak (i love them)

Fave Series:

Real World

Charmed

HBO's:The Wire

Clean House

Noah's Arc ( :angry: it got cancelled)

hehehe Smurfs and all Tom & Jerry

Fave current show:

Leverage (its amazing)

U.S. Of Tara :wub: (i wish she was my mom)

Goodness i think i watch too much tv

Fave Moments:

Real World 'Denver'- Davis and Tyrie got into that scuffle

ABDC-Fanny Pak (i love them)

Fave Series:

Real World

Charmed

HBO's:The Wire

Clean House

Noah's Arc ( :angry: it got cancelled)

hehehe Smurfs and all Tom & Jerry

Fave current show:

Leverage (its amazing)

U.S. Of Tara :wub: (i wish she was my mom)

Goodness i think i watch too much tv

Am not sure what it was about Charmed but I just couldn't get into it. I love anything that's Sci-Fi etc, but for some reason this didn't ring my bell!

It's like Lost, my guy loves the show, but it just never peaked any interest. HEROES is more my sorta thing.

Edited by Sir_Galahad
Sorry for the Rant, but I really dislike how badly mishandled Voyager was.

Don't even get me started on Enterprise either......

Hey! I liked the ending of Voyager. Although one of my readers did mention that Janeway cheated, but it was a good episode.

"Set a course, for home." - A perfect closing sentiment.

Enterprise was good, but they butchered the last episode. The only good part was the last scene where Archer founded the Federation.

Battlestar Galactica

The Liberation of New Caprica

That was the one of the best 45 minutes of television ever! I'd even go as far to say it was better than the season 4.5 cliffhanger.