Reality TV. Love it or hate it?/ American Idol S8

Sir Galahad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another ok ish show in which Adam was amazing again. I think this season has been the easiest to call ever. We have got who goes spot on every week, this week being the easiest. What was Megan thinking saying she doesn't care? That was really flabbergasting, & no surprise when the Simon told her flat out it was over.

Can anyone not see Adam winning this thing?

Another ok ish show in which Adam was amazing again. I think this season has been the easiest to call ever. We have got who goes spot on every week, this week being the easiest. What was Megan thinking saying she doesn't care? That was really flabbergasting, & no surprise when the Simon told her flat out it was over.

Can anyone not see Adam winning this thing?

B) .........The way Adam is going I would be hard pressed not to find him the eventual winner

B) .........The way Adam is going I would be hard pressed not to find him the eventual winner

Definitely, he's just current, to use Simon's phrase. So head & shoulders above anyone else on the show. Lil could be a dark horse though.

I truly believe this is becoming the Adam Lambert show! Amazing again. Is it me or is this the most predictable Idol ever? Looks like it was the kiss of death saying Lil was the dark horse, doing a bad impression of Tina Turner is going to get her nowhere. As for Scott going, Scott who?

I just feel I'm repeating myself every week. Adam AGAIN head & shoulders above the rest. What else can I say? Why don't they just award him the win now & save us from some of the more questionable songs the others attempt.

Yay for Britain's Got Talent. :P

I just feel I'm repeating myself every week. Adam AGAIN head & shoulders above the rest. What else can I say? Why don't they just award him the win now & save us from some of the more questionable songs the others attempt.

Yay for Britain's Got Talent. :P

That's what I think when I watch too. Just give the prize to Adam and put the others out of their misery.

That's what I think when I watch too. Just give the prize to Adam and put the others out of their misery.

Totally agree with your assessment. A big HOWEVER. Adam being "current", the emo-goth image, and all the M/M smooching on the Internet may not play well in the red states. Just saying...

Totally agree with your assessment. A big HOWEVER. Adam being "current", the emo-goth image, and all the M/M smooching on the Internet may not play well in the red states. Just saying...

That's true, His performance of The Tracks of My Tears, enjoyed it pretty well :)

Show All[/url]='Jack Scribe' date='April 19 2009, 09:43 AM' post='184264']

B) ............I don't know, I mean Bill O'rielly couldn't get anyone to be outraged by the 'internet photos' on his show a while back. And I believe he was amazed the photos were out within the first week of competition, it kinda of crumpled his game. If it hasn't hurt him by now, it never will.

His Mad World was 'haunting' performance, a one up-manship of Tracks of my Tears! It will be interesting to see what he comes up with for Disco week!

B) ............I don't know, I mean Bill O'rielly couldn't get anyone to be outraged by the 'internet photos' on his show a while back. And I believe he was amazed the photos were out within the first week of competition, it kinda of crumpled his game. If it hasn't hurt him by now, it never will.

His Mad World was 'haunting' performance, a one up-manship of Tracks of my Tears! It will be interesting to see what he comes up with for Disco week!

:lol: Something really camp no doubt. A Scissor Sisters track would suit him perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice and simple this week. Adam- amazing....again. How brave was it to do that Donna Summer song like that, totally in a class of his own.

The two that went, can't say I'm surprised or sorry to be fair.

Nice and simple this week. Adam- amazing....again. How brave was it to do that Donna Summer song like that, totally in a class of his own.

The two that went, can't say I'm surprised or sorry to be fair.

Actually, it was a Yvonne Elliman song, not Donna Summer. But yeah, awesome as always. :wub:

*headdesk*

WHY HASN'T THIS SHOW BEEN CANCELLED YET?!?!?!

If you want real reality TV, don't watch Fox. Watch, I think, Tru TV (can't remember). John and I watch it all the time and there's always a lot of those criminal shows, where they show real detectives solving real crimes, and they show real footage from security camera's and home videos. They also have a lot of shows of crews following cops as they nab bad guys and you see the shit show as it happens. Not to mention the non-criminal shows where they show insane home videos, like vacation vids of people getting into hilarious messes.

The last time I watched Idol was my freshman, and that's because I always went out to eat with my friend Kyle, and sometimes Geoff and a few guys from our floor, to the student restaurant and they always had Idol on the big screen TV. That ended when we all got together and moved into the apartments, thank you baby Jesus.

• Site Administrator

I don't really consider American Idol "reality tv" Blech. It is a music show... which I rather enjoy.

I couldn't believe Adam was in the bottom 2 this week. Though... that may have just been Ryan playing games.

*headdesk*

WHY HASN'T THIS SHOW BEEN CANCELLED YET?!?!?!

If you want real reality TV, don't watch Fox. Watch, I think, Tru TV (can't remember). John and I watch it all the time and there's always a lot of those criminal shows, where they show real detectives solving real crimes, and they show real footage from security camera's and home videos. They also have a lot of shows of crews following cops as they nab bad guys and you see the shit show as it happens. Not to mention the non-criminal shows where they show insane home videos, like vacation vids of people getting into hilarious messes.

The last time I watched Idol was my freshman, and that's because I always went out to eat with my friend Kyle, and sometimes Geoff and a few guys from our floor, to the student restaurant and they always had Idol on the big screen TV. That ended when we all got together and moved into the apartments, thank you baby Jesus.

I have to totally disagree. I love this show, & from the audience figures a lot of other people do as well. That could be the reason why it's still running! :P That said, when Simon's contract is up in a couple of seasons, then it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I don't really consider American Idol "reality tv" Blech. It is a music show... which I rather enjoy.

I couldn't believe Adam was in the bottom 2 this week. Though... that may have just been Ryan playing games.

I agree with you. And Adam not in the top three? WTF? His performance was amazing as usual. Damn it. I'm going to actually have to do something I've never done before. I'm going to have to actually call in and vote for someone next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Am I alone in thinking we may not get the right result in the finals. In my mind Adam is the only winner, but I have a horrible feeling the best singer will lose!

I agree with you completely, but someone pointed out...probably in this thread but I'm too lazy to go look for it....that Adam may actually be better off cutting his own record deal and not just taking their contract.

I agree with you completely, but someone pointed out...probably in this thread but I'm too lazy to go look for it....that Adam may actually be better off cutting his own record deal and not just taking their contract.

I think the Sony entertainment have an option on the top 12 anyway. I'd still like to see Adam win though.