Hi guys,

Well, the prologue for the new story is up, so would really appreciate it, if you could let me know what you think.

All comments good, bad or indifferent are welcome. :D

Thanks.

DF

• Like 1
:2hands: I'm glad to see you posted the story!!! It IS a good one and I hope everyone reads it!! :sword:

I can only echo Rush here, great start & I liked the changes you made from what was on sneek peeks. :wizard:

Looking forward to seeing where you take this. :D

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Moderator

You're off to a good start. I'm assuming that the voice the prince was hearing is that of the dragon. I'm assuming the dragon heart comes complete with dragon. Can't wait to see if I'm right.

• Like 1
You're off to a good start. I'm assuming that the voice the prince was hearing is that of the dragon. I'm assuming the dragon heart comes complete with dragon. Can't wait to see if I'm right.

Assumptions are sometimes wide of the mark, and you'll just have to wait and see if yours are or not. :P

The next chapter is written, but I'm unable to send it to be beta read or edited until I get out of this damn hospital at the weekend. I only have web access via my cell, no Wi Fi allowed. :(

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Chapter 1 is awesome! The scene in which the protagonist explors his surroundings via magic is lyric. Suspense is built through bits and pieces of information that appear as bubbles in champagne: you know they're going to rise to the surface, but you don't know exactly where; and, when they do, they disappear so quickly you wonder if they really were there. Very subtle!

• Like 2

I think it's important for an author to establish the main love interest quite early in the story. You've done exactly that. But, uhmm....you didn't mention in your end notes when the sex would start! :wub::P

Alright, I'm joking...sort of. 0:)

Great, great story. As David has already mentioned, the roaming magic scene was most lyrical. I particularly enjoyed the dialogue between Taral, our sweet prince, and Aavin. Well done!

:worship::worship:

• Like 1

DragonFire: GREAT JOB!!

I've been anticipating your fleshing this out since you introduced it in sneak peaks weeks ago, and I'm glad my patience has paid off. He's right, the description of the cave scene with the magic probing his island surroundings was straight out of old myths--very well done!

I'll be waiting for more--now get off the throne--we need to start the barbeque again...:P

• Like 1

Chapter 1 is awesome! The scene in which the protagonist explors his surroundings via magic is lyric. Suspense is built through bits and pieces of information that appear as bubbles in champagne: you know they're going to rise to the surface, but you don't know exactly where; and, when they do, they disappear so quickly you wonder if they really were there. Very subtle!

You can even "feel" the eyes looking straight at you through the waterfall dominating your own mind. At least, that's how it felt to me. The disappearance of IT only happening when he was knocked against the table therefore breaking the magical power of concentration. Evidently, what ever it is did not want Taral to see him but only allowed him to learn of its existence. Is "it" the one whose voice was heard at the beach calling out for Taral?

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive comments. I was really worried about this chapter, as Rush knows all too well, but glad that it meets with your approval. :D

What's behind the waterfall? That will be answered in Chapter 2, along with a few other things. Hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Well, it looks like I have made you guys wait far to long for a chapter that should've been out a long time ago.

I'm not going to go into details but life has thrown me a few curve balls, and it's only really now that I can seriously think about picking up from where I left off.

No promises on when it's coming, because basically I have to merge myself back into the characters and plotline if I'm to do it justice. I will try though & get it out as quickly as I can.

DF

I just read the prologue and first chapter today, after seeing your message above. Please do give us a few more chapters as the story and the characters truly deserve it. Take all the time you need: it is very skillfully written.

Now I need to go check out the rest of your stories. read.gif

Hello sweets... do take your time. I've been thinking of you constantly since all the 'chaos' started and you'll always be in my thoughts. You my dear are one of the good ones out there and deserve much peace and serenity.

Much Love and Bright Lights heading your way

~Momma Rush~