Do you name your computers?

Well, the reason I ask this is because I got a new (used) baby ibook as a bribe for going to prom with a girl. (No, I'm not out, yes, it is a long story ;) ) It's really cool and I have a long tradition of naming all of my computers. Unfortunately, I haven't the slighetst clue what to name it :(

My other computer (running linux) is named Raikunite, a name I thought was original until I realized I'd just named it after legendary pokemon... I played too much pokemon. *grin*

So, am I the only one here that names his computers? Does anyone have any idea for a name?

//shadows

Well, the reason I ask this is because I got a new (used) baby ibook as a bribe for going to prom with a girl. (No, I'm not out, yes, it is a long story ;) ) It's really cool and I have a long tradition of naming all of my computers. Unfortunately, I haven't the slighetst clue what to name it :(

My other computer (running linux) is named Raikunite, a name I thought was original until I realized I'd just named it after legendary pokemon... I played too much pokemon. *grin*

So, am I the only one here that names his computers? Does anyone have any idea for a name?

//shadows

I just name them all "that f--ing box"

:king: Snow Dog

//shadows

Well, since you got it as compensation for providing social, er, services, I'd name it "whore". :blink:

I tend to name random stuff. My comp is "Pandora" for all the trouble it causes me, my HUMVEE in the Army was Bertha because it was big and never moved, and my various M-16s had names: Charlene, Cindy and Liza.

Actually I think that may be a bit strange.....................

Lol, I've not named my computer but I have named my ipod (jeremy) and my plants are called Obi-Wan (my bf chose that name) and the other one's called Jeffery II (Jeffery I died :( ) Are you thinking of naming it after someone famous or just a random name?

Also, I'm very interested to hear the long story, lol.

Edited by BoyNeedsTherapy

OK, this is how geeky I am. I name my computers after un-maned space probes.

My current machine is named Viking.

My last machine was Pioneer.

Others were Voyager, IRAS and Mariner.

I do -- I've a theme, which makes it easier. I've gone through tuatha, sprite, redcap, glastig, phouka, danaan, puck and, odd-man out, oni (It's the lone Windows box). One place I worked named the machines after famous assassins and deadly infectuous diseases. (Those tend to be hard to spell, though)

Nothing wrong with a Pokemon theme, though if you wanted to be a little different there's always the Pokethulhu stuff instead. (You could name the machine Jigglypolyp or Hastursaur...)

"I called Brumhilda." NEEEEEEEIGH. Lol.That's an awesome name.

And thanks for the suggestions everyone. Now I'm kind of tempted to name it strangelove. That's way too obvious though :( iPimp isn't a bad name as long as the parents are away...

I like the little people theme you have Zot. Not bad.

I'm thinking of naming it Hiro or something snowcrash related. Maybe costa nostra? :

)