Michael Jackson.

Arpeggio

CNN and Fox took a while to confirm it, but yes, now all news outlets are reporting that Michael Jackson has suffered from a cardiac arrest and died.

The radio station here is playing an hour straight of MJ songs in memory of him.

:(

the media I have seen so far doesn't confirm that he has died yet, but says that some US media is reporting that he has done. while they stick with the [i wrote heart attack, it is cardiac arrest - which i assumed was american for heart attack (corrected by my mum :) ). today though english newspapers did say heart attack although still not said that so assume same mistake as me)

--edit: ok, now I think they've changed it. sad.

Edited by Smarties

It's not like me to care so much about celebrities, but I really loved his music. :(

:( .............A very talented, yet troubled man! His music was awesome and should be his legacy.

First Farrah and now this. Considering where I am - Farrah's struggle and loss to cancer is hitting a little close to home. And for those who believe in the three-at-a-time, I've seen tons of posts about Ed McMahon, Farrah, Michael already...

• Site Moderator
And for those who believe in the three-at-a-time, I've seen tons of posts about Ed McMahon, Farrah, Michael already...

Strange you should point this out Treb's. Before I left work today, I said to a couple of my staff, I wonder who the third celeb would be. It does seem to happen in three's.

I have to wonder if the stress of the 50 night upcoming tour at the O2 Arena in London, had anything to do with it. Quite why a man who wasn't in the best of health, was being advised to do this is anyones guess.

Reports here in the UK seem to be implying he was almost shoe horned into by his money men! Shocking if true.

To be honest it's still sinking in. He was a true musical and cultural icon.

It's a real shame, like the man or not, no one can take the fact that he is and always will be a cultural icon,, he is the king of pop,,, He accomplished so much in his career....

it's such a shame that many people will remember him as the guy that was accused of molesting kids,,, even if he was found not guilty :(

RIP michael Jackson

My sister took me to see Michael Jackson in the 1980s, we saw the Victory tour, I didn't appreciate it at the time because I was so young but I'm glad she took me. There are few songs of his you can't dance to. My sister and I had the biggest crush on him back in the day.

• Like 1

RIP Michael

He might have been a bit different, but I will miss him. You don't know what you lose until it is gone.

And so another king passes.

Although, like with Elvis, I've heard people claim it's a publicity stunt and he'll come back with Thriller...but I doubt it.

Regardless of what he may have been accused of, he will be sorely missed.

RIP MJ

yeah, sad to hear he died.

He might be a bit odd, but who wouldn't if they started doing tours at the age of 5 (or 8?), the guy never had a normal childhood. He was a celeb from a very young age.

Anyway, some of his music was awesome though :)

• Site Administrator

I heard about this at work tonight and it hit everyone pretty hard. His music was playing out of the radios everywhere.

My first music tape of my very own was MJ's Thriller back in 1982.

It's sad and scary. So many of his songs colour defining moments of my life. As a teenager i was sooooo in love with him. I suppose it is a sign of getting old when your cultural icons start dying around you.

I'll be listening to MJ's songs nonstop over the weekend, in memory of him. I've been meaning to get myself acquainted with his music, since the few that I've heard, I've loved. Never got a chance to when he was alive.

I'll be listening to MJ's songs nonstop over the weekend, in memory of him. I've been meaning to get myself acquainted with his music, since the few that I've heard, I've loved. Never got a chance to when he was alive.

The man was a musical icon. Never in our lifetime will we ever see his like again. Pure genius.

Been listening to his music all day, and have a feeling generations after us will be doing the same.

RIP MJ.