Should we keep the "Recent Gallery Images"?

Myr

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the Recent Gallery Images that shows on the top of the forum listing page?

• Yes, I like it as it is.
    • No, I don't want it there.

• Site Administrator

Dial up?? :blink: What's that? :P

Well... you start a fire in your backyard and then stand over it with a blanket. sometimes you let smoke up and sometimes you don't. A person a few miles away sees these smoke signals and enters your words into a typewriter. Then a kid takes the typed pages to an executive assistance who enters into a computer for you. At that point the process is reversed and the response is sent back to the person in their backyard with their fire.

As you can see, the process is time consuming and rarely worth the effort.

Myr

• Like 2

Well... you start a fire in your backyard and then stand over it with a blanket. sometimes you let smoke up and sometimes you don't. A person a few miles away sees these smoke signals and enters your words into a typewriter. Then a kid takes the typed pages to an executive assistance who enters into a computer for you. At that point the process is reversed and the response is sent back to the person in their backyard with their fire.

As you can see, the process is time consuming and rarely worth the effort.

Myr

Look at you, with a sense of humor and all. :lmao:

• Like 1

Okay, I voted :P

Now, I'll admit it...I HATE change :thumbdown: so when I opened up my browser and this page with all the pictures came up, my first thought was, "where is My GA" :angry:

Of course, with all things new, I just needed to give it a little time so I could adjust :D now i kinda like it there :2thumbs:

hugs,

Tom

I'm the same way; I totally hate change. When I saw the new layout, I was like "Wtf, where do I go???" but after a few more times, I got used to where everything is and thought the page looked a lot more livelier. And the status thing is cool and fun to read.

As for the pictures, there are a bit in your face. I agree with some of the voters that it would increase the visibility of the album/gallery, but it's kind of forced upon you. Since a lot of people like it, I think it'd be cool if there was an option to turn it off in personal settings in the future, or just place it to the side, so it's not the very first thing we see, sort of like the status thing. And as a last option, just not have it there at all. It feels like a distraction. I come to the forums to check out something and I see these pictures, and go, "Oooh, look that him. He's cute!" and end up clicking on pictures, forgetting why I came to GA in the first place! See, a distraction! :lol:

Either way, everything looks great!

• Like 1

Yes, we should keep it.

What I like in all the changes, its that I oblige me to "learn" again the options of the old site and to "discover" all the possibilities of the new one .Its a welcome exercice for my "old brain", which is not so old as I succeded and appreciate the changes :P .

• Like 2

I like the gallery pics right where they are. It would be better if they changed more frequently, but I guess that's tied into how often members post pics in the gallery.

I like the gallery pics right where they are. It would be better if they changed more frequently, but I guess that's tied into how often members post pics in the gallery.

I think that brings up a couple of other very good points relating to this.

Hypothetically, is there a way to do a "random" sort of display instead of a "most recent" display? I'm actually torn on what I'd prefer and probably would opt for "most recent" in the end anyway. Ideally though if it were possible I think it would make a great user set option so that people cold decide for themselves. I might switch it back and forth.

On another note, we've all pointed out how much more likely we are to visit the gallery and take a look at everything now that it's out there, and I certainly think that's true. However, I'm curious about how this impacts people's tendency to post new stuff knowing that it'll be right out there prominently displayed. I really couldn't say since I don't have any pictures, but in general I'm disinclined to post pictures and I think having them displayed on the main index page would make me marginally less likely to do so (but again, I was pretty unlikely to do so in the first place :boy:)

So what do you guys think? Are you more or less likely to post new pics in the gallery given the placement?

-Kevin

I think that brings up a couple of other very good points relating to this.

Hypothetically, is there a way to do a "random" sort of display instead of a "most recent" display? I'm actually torn on what I'd prefer and probably would opt for "most recent" in the end anyway. Ideally though if it were possible I think it would make a great user set option so that people cold decide for themselves. I might switch it back and forth.

On another note, we've all pointed out how much more likely we are to visit the gallery and take a look at everything now that it's out there, and I certainly think that's true. However, I'm curious about how this impacts people's tendency to post new stuff knowing that it'll be right out there prominently displayed. I really couldn't say since I don't have any pictures, but in general I'm disinclined to post pictures and I think having them displayed on the main index page would make me marginally less likely to do so (but again, I was pretty unlikely to do so in the first place :boy: )

So what do you guys think? Are you more or less likely to post new pics in the gallery given the placement?

-Kevin

Mmmm, I think that you should post your picture in the gallery to test out his theory! :D

But, no it wouldn't affect my decision to put something else in the gallery. After all it's there for everyone to see anyway, makes no difference if it's on the main page. Though I imagine people might get sick and tired of looking at me after a while! :P

No - I dislike seeing naked drawings all the time. Sure the body is great to revel at but not daily or rather constantly. I'm sure some denizen's of GA log on at public/library what have you locations and those can catch attention, regardless of who see's it or not.

I would definitely post more artwork pictures (I love feedback), but not really any of me since the whole world is out to see it.

I like the idea of random images more than recent images. :)