Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Early poll for King of Cliffhangers election!

King of Cliffhangers, 2009!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate is your current favorite for 2009 King of Cliffhangers?

• Graeme
    • Shadowgod
    • TalonRider
    • Other (but not C James)
    • Krista (Queen of Cliffhangers)
    • Bondwriter
    • Mark Arbour
    • James Savik

I know it's early, because the voting will not commence until after Jan 1st, but, I thought it would be good have an opinion poll to see who is currently in the lead. The candidates were listed alphabetically.

CJ :music:

I know it's early, because the voting will not commence until after Jan 1st, but, I thought it would be good have an opinion poll to see who is currently in the lead. The candidates were listed alphabetically.

CJ :music:

B).............Now why would you even think this too early to vote on??? :lmao: Seems that one author is missing though!!! 0:)

B).............Now why would you even think this too early to vote on??? :lmao: Seems that one author is missing though!!! 0:)

I have no idea who could be missing? :unsure:

Granted, there are many candidates amongst the authors who are members here at GA, but this is just a poll of the likely front-runners of those eligible. TalonRider might be the exception; he's currently technically ineligible due to not being an author. I'd love to see that changed, though...

:ph34r:

Crooked poll you little mischievous Goat...

ShadowGod = hasn't wrote for a bit (tsk tsk tsk Steven, but I can't point fingers.. I've not either)

TalonRider = Not an author, like you said...

Graeme = Well.. he's an Echidna although prickly, they normally don't surprise (not all that fast, echidnas - little legs and all)

So, to sum up this little Crooked Poll, I see that Goats carry Vendettas... shame on you Goat.. shame on you...

Crooked poll you little mischievous Goat...

ShadowGod = hasn't wrote for a bit (tsk tsk tsk Steven, but I can't point fingers.. I've not either)

TalonRider = Not an author, like you said...

Graeme = Well.. he's an Echidna although prickly, they normally don't surprise (not all that fast, echidnas - little legs and all)

So, to sum up this little Crooked Poll, I see that Goats carry Vendettas... shame on you Goat.. shame on you...

But Krista.... How is the poll crooked? Oh! Krista, I'm so sorry, I see your point! Okay, I have remedied my error and added your name to the poll.

As for His Shadowyness... Isn't leaving poor Cody hanging for so long a cliffhanger in and of itself?

TalonRider... He has admitted to giving us Cliffhangers, and that was in something he'd written. :)

As for Graeme... Just go read "Price of Freindship". It's got some doozies of cliffhangers!

So, I think the poll is just fine, now. :)

Now you just listen here Goat.. I write real-day-to-day almost Journalistic stories.. and unless my character is climbing cliffs and at one point takes a rest and hangs onto his rope... I don't write cliffhangers. :angry:

So I am going to ask that you change that even MORE crooked poll.

As for the Echidna.. I realize my error and he can remain on the list with the other two... but definitely not me. 0:)

Oh.. and you will have to add yourself, you may not be the next King of (Evil) Cliffhangers... but you are the current ruler... so. :P

Now you just listen here Goat.. I write real-day-to-day almost Journalistic stories.. and unless my character is climbing cliffs and at one point takes a rest and hangs onto his rope... I don't write cliffhangers. mad.gif

As for the Echidna.. I realize my error and he can remain on the list with the other two... but definitely not me. innocent.gif

Oh.. and you will have to add yourself, you may not be the next King of (Evil) Cliffhangers... but you are the current ruler... so. tongue.gif

CJ, you might as well admit she's got you licked on a couple of these points and give up while you're ahead...I don't want to see any blood shed. ph34r.gif

• Site Moderator

I think the 2009 Awards is going to be interesting this year. There's a lot of authors deserving of the title King of Cliffhangers. I edit for one.

And like I've said elsewhere, at least I admit to writing a cliffhanger in the forums.

• Site Administrator

Well in any true and tried democracy, there is always the opportunity to have a write in nomination for someone in any election with enough signatures.

Since GA is a upstanding democracy:

I, Wildone, nominate CJames to be added to the list of King of Cliffhangers.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Anyone else want to add their name to the nomination tongue.gif

Well in any true and tried democracy, there is always the opportunity to have a write in nomination for someone in any election with enough signatures.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I second your nomination. So, Cj get on it.. change your poll the people have spoken.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I do.

I second your nomination. So, Cj get on it.. change your poll the people have spoken.

Ahem...point of order, Mr. Chairman, before anyone can say "the people have spoken", typically there is a vote first.

:2hands:

• Site Moderator

you may not be the next King of (Evil) Cliffhangers... but you are the current ruler... so. :P

This is all too true. I think he's trying out a new job, that of Campaign Manager. And a sneaky one at that.

Since I've received some gloating email from a goat, I'd better make clear that my "I do", in reply to Steve's question (Anyone else want to add their name to the nomination?) was based on the understanding that "their name" referred to "a name they have in mind". Which, in my case was CJ. I personally don't dabble in CHs. I leave this to the master, or, if I may, the One and Only King.

Now you just listen here Goat.. I write real-day-to-day almost Journalistic stories.. and unless my character is climbing cliffs and at one point takes a rest and hangs onto his rope... I don't write cliffhangers. :angry:

As for the Echidna.. I realize my error and he can remain on the list with the other two... but definitely not me. 0:)

Oh.. and you will have to add yourself, you may not be the next King of (Evil) Cliffhangers... but you are the current ruler... so. :P

Ahh, but Krista, you do indeed write cliffhangers! (dangling from a rope off a cliff would surely qualify!) Should we start calling you "Your Majesty" now? :king:

And I'm afraid that I cannot be added. The poll is only open to those who are either eligible, or might be. :ph34r:

CJ, you might as well admit she's got you licked on a couple of these points and give up while you're ahead...I don't want to see any blood shed. ph34r.gif

I subscribe to the old motto of : If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Besides, there's a little piece of information that, of the people in this thread, only TalonRider and I know. :read::lmao:0:)

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sorry, Wildone, but only those eligible for the 2009 King of Cliffhangers can be nominated. :P

I do.

My apologies, Bondwriter! I have done as you have asked, and have added you the the poll. :worship:

I find it strange that he's starting to abuse his team.

Huh?? But that's not true! I'm just trying to be helpful 0:) ...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..