Sandwiches

tomon

21 members have voted

1. 1. Sandwiches are one of the most important things in life.

Sandwiches are an issue that is close to my heart.

Sandwiches are very important and without them, life is empty.

Therefore I would like to know what your favourite sandwich is?

Mines probably, ham and turkey with lettuce, dash of honey mustard sauce and some black pepper.

Just had tuna cheese melt and it genuinely made my day/life.

I hope you take this topic 104% seriously and don't trivialise the importance of sandwiches for youths today.

*goes to make another sandwich*

• Site Administrator

My 3 year old adores and obsesses over his grilled cheese sandwiches... I think that you and he are on exactly the same level when it comes to the importance of sandwiches..... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by Cia
  • Like 1

There's no option that says "no." I would be just fine without them, though they are handy.

I like black forest ham and turkey with pepperjack cheese, lettuce, red onion, banana peppers with olive oil and vinegar and a dash of pepper on a nice Italian bread. In fact, that's my lunch today! I don't know if it's my favourite, but I get it every thursday from Subway as a $5.50 footlong so it can serve as my lunch and dinner since I am away from home for 13.5 hours and packing two meals is a pain in the rear. I think I may try it with mustard en lieu de olive oil and vinegar today.

• Site Administrator

I make everything into a sandwich... my favourite

Chocolate digestive biscuit with cheese and sliced pickle onions. smile.gif

Nephy, I knew you were twisted but that is just sick!!!

My fav is a BLT with field grown tomatoes - tuna melt with a good swiss cheese works for me too.

Have to agree on the BLT. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato with mayo on sourdough toast is the best ever. The tomatoes are the most important ingredient. We grow our own primarily for BLTs. Supermarket tomatoes are gross...pink tennis balls.

My favorite is... it depends on the day I guess.

Some days its a suicide dog: a hot dog with hot mustard, sauerkraut and chili.

Other days it's a philly beef & cheese with onions... hot mustard

Then some days its Cajun roast beef on French bread with swiss-cheese, mayo and hot mustard.

• Site Administrator

mmm, po'boys..... yummy!! Though I am strictly either a shrimp or roast beef gal...I make great homemade ones with my breadmachine recipe.

BLT, thick cut bacon, homegrown fresh tomaters, fresh crisp lettuce, mayo.

nomnomnom

Also, Potbellies chicken salad sandwich.

Bologna and a slice of veggie-oil cheese on wonder bread, mmm jail food.

Peanut butter and jelly. Crunchy peanut butter.

Grilled cheese.

I make everything into a sandwich... my favourite

Chocolate digestive biscuit with cheese and sliced pickle onions. smile.gif

You know remove the cheese from that equation and I think I just might be able to get in on that one lol.

I'm a pork and poultry head so my favorite sandwhich is actually pretty basic. Sliced chicken *or a thin chicken breast* with a few strips of lean bacon on whole wheat with lettuce, raw spinach, tomato, onion *red onion when I can find it* with either mayo, lite ranch dressing or hot & spicy mustard.

MMMM Fired peanut butter and onion sandwhiches are the BOMB too but its been YEARS since I've had one, i can't make it and its like pulling teeth to get mom to do it lol.

Nightowl

Tuna salad with lettuce and tomato is near the top. A good Cuban sandwich is hard to beat, but unless Mimi's of Lakeside has been reincarnated since Katrina, it will be hard to find a really good one. A muffaletta with olive salad from Central Grocery, New Orleans (see the wikipedia article here) is, however, almost certainly the greatest creation since the sandwich was invented.

Grilled cheese with smoked Fontina, thin sliced tomato, Dijon mustard and a good Italian bread.

Although you can't go wrong with fried bologna on toast with yellow mustard.

Or roast chicken with cranberry chutney.

Tuna salad with lettuce and tomato is near the top. A good Cuban sandwich is hard to beat, but unless Mimi's of Lakeside has been reincarnated since Katrina, it will be hard to find a really good one. A muffaletta with olive salad from Central Grocery, New Orleans (see the wikipedia article here) is, however, almost certainly the greatest creation since the sandwich was invented.

I roast my own pork and bake my own bread. I bet you anything you'd be totally satisfied with my sandwich! Everyone who I'd fed a sandwich to have always said I should open a sandwich shop. I don't know what it is but they always turned out oh so good!!!

• Like 1

I have never wanted a sandwich more than I do now. My family takes them very seriously, every wednesday we make these mammoth things. Reminds me of those Scooby-doo Sandwiches I saw on the show.

Favorite would have to be; turkey, camembert cheese, sprouts, cranberries, honey mustard sauce, pepper and salt on plain white bread.......