Ideas for presents for boyfriend's parents.

Try sex toys. Maybe a monster dildo, preferably in a bright neon color. I'm not sure if they'll like it, but it will definitely make their Christmas memorable.biggrin.gif

OK...on a serious note...advice about their interests is a good place to start. Something for their home? Maybe a Christmas decoration? Swarovski makes some really cool crystal ornaments (pricey, but hey, you didn't give me a price limit).

• Site Administrator

Moms love pretty things..if the budget is low, fresh flowers are a great gift for a woman, even a mom...Other than that, go with interests or a small trinket....

I think the gift probably depends a little on how they perceive you and your relationship with their son.

For example, are you:

- The little fairy who turned their son gay and will be depriving them of their grandkids?

- The nice boy who makes their son happy and you're part of the family?

Since this will be your first meeting, it sounds like you want to make a good first impression.

mmm a home made Special Christmas Desert

Agreed, if you have some skills in the kitchen, you can make a container of homemade english toffee or a batch of cookies. This kinda gift shows effort (unless they're diabetic).

Good Luck!

Some love Lavender soap for the bath.

Really Drew blink.gif ? I don't think that's the first impression he wants to make.

Does your BF have any younger siblings? I suggest trying to win them over with gifts too guitar.gif .

Just another research for ideas.

As said in the topic title, if you're meeting you boyfriend's parents for the first time on Christmas, what presents would you get for them...?

When I first met my husband's parents I got his mother a yankee candle (home sweet home) and his dad a I got a set of WWII history DVDs, of course I had already known them for a while and knew what they woudl like, maybe you could get a "family" gift like a sausages and cheese basket and some wine or something like that??

biggrin.gif

meeting for the first time... AT CHRIRSTMAS

1. not too personal

2. not too gay

come on people

ask the bf for recommends then treat them like family... what would you seriously get your mom for Christmas? Your dad? Siblings?

Some things are just universal... some things are taboo in some families... ask the BF about things that just are not allowed too (we don't give clothing in our family). Also depending on the seriousness of the relationship, why not have joint gifts? (ie from you and the BF together and a level up on the priciness scale)

Also, if you are coming for Christmas dinner, bring a wine and/or a dessert, even if it's a mix you just added eggs and baked depending on their (or your) traditions.

Good luck.

Also, if you are coming for Christmas dinner, bring a wine and/or a dessert, even if it's a mix you just added eggs and baked depending on their (or your) traditions.

OH! That reminds me!! LOL!! As my husband is from a hispanic family that live close to the border of Mexico and Texas, I decided to bring some of my families swedish cookies and make one of our dishes while there, you could try that as well.

specool.gif

Of course knowing their interests would help, but if you cant figure it out or your BF has no idea either (Hell, I dont really know what MY parents like) I would definitely do a bottle of wine/champagne, provided you can buy alcohol.

I would go for a white wine only because in case it spills it wont stain anything. Red wine is the devil when it comes to stains. Also, you can never go wrong with a candle, especially one of the universal scents like Fresh Linen or whatever, or one of the Holiday scents.

Guys, thanks a lot. There are some crazy good ideas.

Fortunately I asked my boyfriend and he gave me some ideas. Football collectibles and Liqueur.

Try sex toys. Maybe a monster dildo, preferably in a bright neon color. I'm not sure if they'll like it, but it will definitely make their Christmas memorable.biggrin.gif

I would probably want one myself if my son's boyfriend is to meet me for the first time.

OK...on a serious note...advice about their interests is a good place to start. Something for their home? Maybe a Christmas decoration? Swarovski makes some really cool crystal ornaments (pricey, but hey, you didn't give me a price limit).

I know some parents would want that - say, mine.

Dads love beer and moms love....what do mom's love?

Saki.

Thanks to all of you for the ideas.

Ya really can't go wrong with a nice box of chocolates (unless they're allergic to chocolate or nuts), or just plain assorted hard candies.

I thought I was the one with the sweet tooth.

I can't believe no one has suggested the easiest way out, ask bf what their fav. food is then get them a gift certificate to a fine restaurant. The rents will enjoy a nice evening at your expense.

This is quite a nice idea. If there's a next year, I definitely do that. Meanwhile, I can give one to my mom.

You could always get them flavored condoms and chocolate body paint... devilsmiley.gif

This, to my boyfriend.

we'd be flying solo for xmas.

Poor thing.