Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines: Visiting the Country Club

19 members have voted

1. 1. When Matt appears at his parent's Country Club in Cleveland, who does he take with him?

Wade has to be Matt's first choice. Just cause. Cole, if asked, would be in there like a dirty shirt. And Cody would simply do it for Matt.

Who would do the best job? Stef of course! :great:

Of course for Wade to do it, he'd have to come out. biggrin.gif

Everyone there knows about Cam so I think he should go. I think Robbie should go to rub their faces in the fact that Matt has a new father and doesn't need them and I think Steff and/or JP should go for the same reason. Of course if Lou went they could put on a great show and if Wade was up for coming out it would soooo rub their faces in it.

okey well he can't be lovy dovy all over steff of jp or brad or robbie so i ruled them out. Frankly i think he'll hook up with Cam or take wade inevitably. Either way i'll be happy with the result.....i also picked cody just in case haaha

okey well he can't be lovy dovy all over steff of jp or brad or robbie so i ruled them out. Frankly i think he'll hook up with Cam or take wade inevitably. Either way i'll be happy with the result.....i also picked cody just in case haaha

I'm kind of with you, there. He takes Wade, obviously, but also Cole, who offered to go so that Wade wouldn't be outed yet, and Cam Heely, who is already out. So Cam will pair with Matt, and Wade can 'stay in the closet' with Cole, a friend from his university. That way, everything's completely plausible until Wade is ready to come out and they keep control of that timing.

I picked Wade, Cole and Cam, but honestly I have no idea who it will be.

I think it would be hilarious if the whole group went. Stef would be great. Oh and now that I think about it, it would be great to see Stef playing the part of Matt's lover because not only would people be surprised by Matt being gay, but by him being the boytoy of some rich, much older man!

I picked Brad and Robbie, because I want Matt to introduce Robbie as his father and Brad as his husband and watch all the snooty society peeps try to figure out what to say in response. Brad and Robbie are strong enough to handle anything that's dished out and to turn it around on anyone being really rude.

I want Wade to be there to see how they handled it and learn from the situation.

I agree :P....love ur sig....black perl! haha to funny

Anyway i never thought of the whole here's my father and his husband thing.....just thought matt wanted to take someone to be all goooogoo over :P but that could work, or JP and Stef that could work too.... but wade and a copy of the video on the country clubs t.v's would be hilarious, and would definatly make the senitor get murdered, with all the rich people watching. :P

Cole, as his 'boyfriend';

and as his parents, Brad and Robbie (who looks so identical with him), presented as his two dads.

out of the prescribed quota, Cam Heely could come (with a possible boyfriend of his own) nominally totally independently, and then connect with these guys.

Robbie because he is family, a blood relative, and the name of the story is Bloodlines; and Matt could not ask for a stronger or smarter supporter. Wade obviously goes (no CAP reader would have it any other way; they just read so well together); I suspect that they are inseparable at this point.

Tough choice between Brad and Cole; introducing Brad as Robbie's husband would be almost a political act, but honouring Wade's choice to remain sexually incognito would win the day in my speculative version of the story. Besides, I assume the purpose of the trip is conciliation, so gay political theatre would reduce the chance of success - Wade would point this out, should there be a need.

Then again, this is idle speculation induced by the lack of more chapters to read (you have the power, Mark). In any case, I am rarely correct but always enjoy surprises; the writing is rarely predictable, plot-wise.

Edited by someone else
  • Like 1

Why is everyone so sure about Wade?

Why would Wade go? Only if the thing of supporting his partner were of much more importance to him than his own coming out. Remember that Matt's "parents" know Senator Danfield, so we can suppose they are not the only ones. If Wade goes in there in a bunch of gays, he's automatically gay too and Senator knows that immediately (not that he can do much about it). I'm not sure how much Wade cares about his Dad's career but I think he cares about the family name. So I'm not really convinced he would go (unless the support to Matt, as I said; Matt would have to insist).

And I'm not saying Wade won't go to Cleveland. I'm just not convinced he'd go to that country club.

At this point, I doubt he cares. He knows being exposed as gay would do harm to his father, and sooner or later, he'll want revenge. How he shall seek it is unknown, but I'm sure that he will.

Kudos to Nephy for figuring it out.

Paya, you were spot on about Wade. He's just gone through so much hell, there's no way he wants to risk being outed. Not like that anyway. Maybe in a different way. (Oooo...maybe I should do another poll!)

well I feel deceived! You made us think there are three other guys going with Matt on that date and not that we have three guesses for the right one...

but anyway, that dinner at the country club was one of the highlights of the chapter! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Agree i thought a minimum of three were going....then it's just one....pfft :o

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..