Do you go to the barber shop or to a salon for a haircut?

Toast

My oldest cousin has cut my hair for several years. She knows how to get it how I want it and puts up with me when I want it cut shorter, shorter, or just so to get it right. :P I either visit her to have it cut or stop into the salon where she works part-time.

• 3 months later...

umm, ok, what's a number 3 and a number 4? Never heard of numbered haircuts. Anyway, I get it done by a lady who has a shop at her house, same place mom goes, and she's done it for a long time.

umm, ok, what's a number 3 and a number 4? Never heard of numbered haircuts. Anyway, I get it done by a lady who has a shop at her house, same place mom goes, and she's done it for a long time.

Chris,

A number 4 means the length of the hair is 12mm.

Chris,

A number 4 means the length of the hair is 12mm.

ok,it's something not used here then I guess, and it's about 4 3/4 inches, so a number 3 would be about 9mm? I'm guessing :P

ok, well here I think a number 3 is a bacon cheeseburger, medium fries and a medium drink, but it could be a diffrent number, and I think the people serving it have number 2's on their head, otherwise they need to wear a hat :D

I go to a barber. Number 2 all over, nice and simple.

There are a few salons near me but they charge £30 just for a guy's haircut. You factor in wash, dry, style etc you can end up paying £60 or more. My barber charges £8.

I go to a barber. Number 2 all over, nice and simple.

There are a few salons near me but they charge £30 just for a guy's haircut. You factor in wash, dry, style etc you can end up paying £60 or more. My barber charges £8.

OK, well I'm curious, how many haircuts does it take before you have had a pound of hair cut off, and how many pounds would that cost altogether? :P

We don't have barber shops so I always try to find the best value for money salon.

I might try to start cutting my own hair salon: a 6mm all round would be the easiest.

OK, well I'm curious, how many haircuts does it take before you have had a pound of hair cut off, and how many pounds would that cost altogether? Posted Image

Well, you need to cut off approximately 14 inches of human hair to cut off one pound.

The average length of my hair that gets cut off is around an inch.

So it will take me 14 haircuts, or £112 to have one pound of hair cut off.

Or you could just grow your hair to 14 inches long, and it would only cost one £8 hair cut.

*swishes his long lovely locks* I go to a salon baby... :D

Actually, my grandmother got me going to a hair salon....

though as of quite a few months ago I've been cuting my own hair... :o

Or you could just grow your hair to 14 inches long, and it would only cost one £8 hair cut.

That would be the smart move - then you could sell it and make a profit :)

But you'd have to decide what to do with it in the meantime - ponytail, plaits, dreadlocks or maybe terrify the neighbourhood with a bun :lmao:

• Like 1

That would be the smart move - then you could sell it and make a profit Posted Image

But you'd have to decide what to do with it in the meantime - ponytail, plaits, dreadlocks or maybe terrify the neighbourhood with a bun Posted Image

Bad hairstyle - a guy has dreads, about 8" long, mashed into a bun with half of the ends sticking out, and a chopstick stuck in the middle. I've seen better-looking rats' nests. It took work.

Oh, and I'm still looking for somebody to cut my hair. Until then, I'll go to a chain.

a #5 cut, in silver

That would be the smart move - then you could sell it and make a profit Posted Image

But you'd have to decide what to do with it in the meantime - ponytail, plaits, dreadlocks or maybe terrify the neighbourhood with a bun Posted Image

It would have to be a beehive for me

Edited by andy021278