Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Chevon recipes

Tiger

Well, we've often talked about cooking CJ, so it's about time we started talking recipes.

There's even a scrumptious marinade we can make that will taste really good.

Chevon Apricot Marinade Recipe:

The crisp coating keeps the goat succulent and juicy. Bake 10 minutes longer for medium-done. If you use frozen chevon, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.

1/4 c Apricot jam

2 tb Honey mustard

2 Garlic cloves; chopped

2 tb Soy sauce

2 tb Olive oil

1 ts Dried rosemary

3 lb Goat leg; butterflied

1/2 c Red wine

1 c Beef stock; canned/homemade

Salt/Ground pepper; to taste

Combine jam, mustard, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and rosemary. Reserve 2 tb of marinade for sauce. Brush remainder all over goat. Season well with salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.

Broil goat for 3 minutes per side. Then bake goat at 425F(220C) fat side up for 20 minutes or until just pink. Remove from oven and let rest on a serving dish for 10 minutes. Pour off any fat in pan. Add red wine to pan and reduce to 1 tb. Add beef broth, reserved marinade and any extra goat juices from the serving dish. Bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes. Serve over meat.

• Site Moderator

I recently watched an episode of Andrew Zimers Bizarre Foods, The Travel Channel, in which he was served some sliced, raw goats balls.

So for some cultures, you don't need a recipe.

:blink: :blink:

I think i need to go hide... :ph34r:

All the better. I love hunting. ;)

Sounds scrumptious. I shall have to give it a go..... Now where am I going to get a goat devilsmiley.gif

Well, the hunt is on, so he's sure to turn up somewhere. I suspect there will be a precipice involved. :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..