Your favorite story on GA?

Of all the stories you have read in GA - what are your favorites? List at least five, in order. Also make sure to provide the link to the actual stories, or name the authors. Write a brief summary (without spoling the story) if possible, and the reason why you like it.

I haven't read much, so I am not going to comment yet. I will, once I'm done reading a lot of the stories listed here.

:D

Of all the stories you have read in GA - what are your favorites? List at least five, in order. Also make sure to provide the link to the actual stories, or name the authors. Write a brief summary (without spoling the story) if possible, and the reason why you like it.

I haven't read much, so I am not going to comment yet. I will, once I'm done reading a lot of the stories listed here.

:D

Ummm

mine would have to be Bloodlines - hilarious Alajander " That would make Stefan and Jp your grandfathers."

Stefan" Ididn't know! We didn't know!" (Brad is laughing his ass off.)

Robbie"What is so funny?"

Brad"Only you Stef would find your long lost Grand son roaming the earth and sleep with him." (Brad gets up to leave.)

Robbie"Where are you going?"

Brad"To call Grandma."

Jp"Just kill me now." baaasmiley.gif

If I could put in links I would but I can't so I won't. The only reason I can put in a link to my own stories is because Rilbur sent it to me and I just cut and paste.

I won't recommend specifically anyone who won an award because that just speaks for itself and so I would only be going over old ground.

1. Against the Machine - Riley Jericho. I have such a twisted mind I didn't think that anyone could impress me with their twistedness... until I read this story. It is undoubtedly my absolute favourite. It is completely indescribably and if you don't read it you will be missing something special

2. Dancing Bare - Rigby Taylor. This really is a charming story. Compltely different to anything else I've read here. It's funny, sad, witty, charming, outrageous and indescribably. Fabulous.

3. All of the stories by Thatboychase - again they are different and compltely indescribable. Elijah are fantasy, Overture Boys modern and the others kind of a mix

4. I'm not from earth - Fishwings. Out of this world.

5. Anything by Bugeye - Freakily awesome.

I have to admit to being attracted to stories which are 'different' in some way and my favourites are the one who are unique.

Having said that there are so many awesome stories that to be asked to name just five is a torment.

Ricky's stories are fantastic, my favourite being TIC, and you should read them all. Emulated is also freakily awesome and if he had updated in the last 10 years Excuse. Anything by Night Owl is BOUND to be fabulous my favourite being Lovers Blind

That should keep you going for a while.

To find the stories just go into efiction go to Authors in the menu on the left and then to the relevant letter.

I dont think I could pick a story.

I <3 Mark Arbour, Tiff, Comicality, Nephy, and so many others on this site. XD

I'm also a notoriously slow reader online so I havent finished many stories so far.

Tiffani Chin's no fairy tale world, a guy who has to sell himself a bit.

Right now of domluka's im reading is with trust. Great story.

and there is many more on ga hosted and efiction type stories.

Edited by Drewbie

mine would have to be Bloodlines - hilarious Alajander " That would make Stefan and Jp your grandfathers."

Stefan" Ididn't know! We didn't know!" (Brad is laughing his ass off.)

Robbie"What is so funny?"

Brad"Only you Stef would find your long lost Grand son roaming the earth and sleep with him." (Brad gets up to leave.)

Robbie"Where are you going?"

Brad"To call Grandma."

Jp"Just kill me now." baaasmiley.gif

I dont think I could pick a story.

I <3 Mark Arbour, Tiff, Comicality, Nephy, and so many others on this site. XD

I'm also a notoriously slow reader online so I havent finished many stories so far.

Why thank you both! I've got to agree, there are a lot of good authors here. I'm too lazy for links, but I came to GA originally because of Dom, and found Comicality, so now that's my fantasy literary menage a trois.tongue.gif

• Site Administrator

Picking five best stories would be difficult enough. Trying to put them into an order would be impossible, because it's hard to judge stories that are just so different in nature.

eg. Dom's "Desert Dropping", Dan's "The Rider's Pride", and CJ's "Let The Music Play" (to pick but three) are completely different in nature and I don't believe you can compare them and hence sort them into an order.

And that's without considering short stories which are in a class of their own. It's very difficult to compare short stories to novels because the reading experience is so different. As hh5 linked above, there are some absolutely fantastic stories in the anthologies, such as Lugh's "It Was Monday", Ieshwar's "Little Raindrop", Dolores Estaban's "Till Death Do Us Part" and Tiffani Chin's "Awakening The Devil Within" (to pick four) that are also completely different in nature.

Comparing stories and trying to pick a top five in order is, I think, essentially impossible. At the very least, it's incredibly misleading because it imposes a very, very subjective ordering that even the person making the list can disagree with, depending on how they feel at the time.

Well, there are so many to choose from, but I think I can come up with a list.

2. Gone From Daylight by Comicality
  3. The Ordinary Us by Dom Luka
  4. The Log Way by Dom Luka
  5. Bloodlines by Mark Arbour
  6. It Started With Bryan by Dan Kincaid and Adam Philips
  7. For the Love by C James
  8. Living in Surreality by Shadowgod
  9. Rich Boy (both of them) by dkstories
  10. Master and Commander by Mark Arbour
  11. Love in Chains by Nephylim

I could go on, but these are some of my favorites. :)

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

Simply this is a great site for readers. With all kinds of interests. Here are a couple of my favorites from my low profile list. Great stories and authors. hehe.

Cody in Wyoming by Gardentuber

The Arrangement by DanDevDrew

Explore and you will find your own favorites, believe me they are here in abundance. I am in love with this site.

Thanks Nephylim.

Sorry, I started a list. Then revised it. Then revised it again. Then gave up.

The are just too many stories that I like and enjoy, to be able to make any kind of list that would truly reflect any 5 favorites. There are multiple stories by some authors such as Comicality and David McLeod and maybe a single story by other authors that I have read at this time and am planning to read more by those authors, thatboychase and Nephylim are two that come to mind. There are just too many from which to choose and not enough time in the universe to sample them all.

As others have said, there are a multitude of excellent authors here. Explore the site. I think that you'll find that there are stories to suit every taste and I'm sure that you will find some to suit yours.

:)

Sorry, I started a list. Then revised it. Then revised it again. Then gave up.

The are just too many stories that I like and enjoy, to be able to make any kind of list that would truly reflect any 5 favorites. There are multiple stories by some authors such as Comicality and David McLeod and maybe a single story by other authors that I have read at this time and am planning to read more by those authors, thatboychase and Nephylim are two that come to mind. There are just too many from which to choose and not enough time in the universe to sample them all.

As others have said, there are a multitude of excellent authors here. Explore the site. I think that you'll find that there are stories to suit every taste and I'm sure that you will find some to suit yours.

smile.gif

Now my complete list up to date:

1. Bloodlines By Mark Arbour

2. Roll call by Ricky

3. Against the machine by Riley Jericho

4. Sky's the Limit by Captian Rick

5. Moving on by Jack Frost

6. Rich boy by Vapor

7. Unintended Love by Dans La Nuit

8.Black star Cross by Young Stage

9.Love in chains by Nephylim

10. The Land whore by Mark Arbour

cool.gif Could read alot of them twice read.gif

1. American Differences by Emulated

2. With Trust by Domluka

3. Desert Droppings by Domluka (+ all of doms other stories bar the other side of me which just drove me mental)

4. From Behind Those Eyes by Viv

5. Sparkling Combustion by Skylights

In due time by J,.Ross and Moving On by Jack Frost are also both brilliant except they both end on a cliff hanger and haven't been updated in forever sad.gif

Edited by Tristian Vert